You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

ALAN18 CASH GAME PROGRESS THREAD 4NL to 50NL IN 6 MONTHS

Comments

• ALAN_18ALAN_18 Member Posts: 225
    edited May 2019
    waller02 said:

ALAN_18 said:

I'm not too sure its a shove 20bb deep vs an UTG raise and 3 callers, but then I don't really play tournaments so not too qualified to answer, what do you think @Allan23 EDIT - Yes it probably is the more I think about it

You only have 12bb. With so much in the middle it looks a perfect spot to get it in.

Hi btw lol, have followed your diary from the off but first time I've posted. I see you are chip leader in the mini, best of luck, take it down.
    Yes to be honest in game I didn't even know how many blinds I had. I only thought I had 20 because I read that HH wrong. Hello @waller02 and thanks for popping in mate :smile:
    Call or Fold - Was totally lost on what to do here :neutral:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ALAN_18Small blind800.00800.0079175.75
    mightyaxeBig blind1600.002400.0022623.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • J
    AKAscottyRaise3200.005600.0019630.00
    jimb0d1Fold
    shire40Fold
    FISH4YOUFold
    ALAN_18Call2400.008000.0076775.75
    mightyaxeCall1600.009600.0021023.00
    Flop
    • A
    ALAN_18Check
    mightyaxeCheck
    AKAscottyBet3200.0012800.0016430.00
    ALAN_18Call3200.0016000.0073575.75
    mightyaxeAll-in21023.0037023.000.00
    AKAscottyFold
    ALAN_18>
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited May 2019
    Think in the hand above, we should probably be semibluffing. Effective stack is only 21k, we have 77k back, we have 9 outs against a lot of stuff that can call us and they can make some tighter folds than they otherwise would because they're out if they're wrong. (That's even more applicable if we're near the bubble)

We can potentially get mightyaxe to fold some weaker Ax that he defends with by jamming ourselves as well - What's he doing with A5cc here if you shove? Considering he probably 3b shoves a lot of his Ace-Broadway stuff pre-flop, I think we can get him to fold a large chunk of his range that would otherwise continue. If we run into a set/NFD/2pr, so be it.

By jamming we should also get Scotty to fold any PPs that he's decided to cbet with. Also if he has a total airball, getting him to fold out his equity and winning the pot when we have K high can never be a bad thing.

When we do get called, we have somewhere around 30% equity vs all the Ax that Scotty opens. It's pretty meh if Mightyaxe cold calls but I don't think that happens a whole lot unless he has set/NFD/2pr himself, plus maybe the odd big Ax that he might peel pre instead of shoving. He's probs folding his A5cc type stuff that he defends IMO. I think he's folding weaker FDs too but if not, then that's great for us.

---

As played, here's (very roughly) the range I think Mightyaxe is likely to shove with IMO. You could make an argument for him shoving PPs pre rather than set mining off this stack, as well as possibly having a different amount of Ax in his range. However as we have ~30-35% vs Ax and 33/66 anyway, the equity difference it makes to add/remove any combos of those hands is negligible.

We have a FD and we're getting marginally above 2/1. Sucks if he has Axhh but a lot of the time he's just jamming an Ace or any heart combos he peels pre because of the SPR involved, and that gives us enough equity that we're pretty much obliged to call IMO.

Fwiw that's for a freezeout. If it's a BH then it goes from being a "Meh call I guess" to instead calling and being very happy about it.

If we're deeper then maybe I like the flop call more. Once we get this shallow, just shove as a semi-bluff IMO.
    Bust in 9th for £56.44 then add my head prizes from the other 3 UKOPS I played tonight brings the total to £63.67.

Deduct my £22 entry fee's and £3 add on leaves £38.67 half of that would be £19.34 so round that up to £20 to be donated to Great North Air Ambulance.

Here is the hand that sent me packing lol Not sure if it was the right call but villain lost half his stack less than ten hands ago and had shoved about 3 times since then so felt I would be ahead of his range a lot of the time with A9. Was it the right call, I don't know ?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ALAN_18Small blind2000.002000.0038387.50
    AKAscottyBig blind4000.006000.00199911.75
    Your hole cards
    • A
    JwalkerFold
    BlaiseeeAll-in62176.0068176.000.00
    Morris707Fold
    ALAN_18All-in38387.50106563.500.00
    AKAscottyFold
    BlaiseeeUnmatched bet21788.5084775.0021788.50
    ALAN_18Show
    • A
    BlaiseeeShow
    • J
    • K
    Flop
    • J
    Turn
    River
    BlaiseeeWinPair of Jacks84775.00106563.50
    @EvilPingu Good comments, will read properly tomorrow and reply in detail when I am a little bit more fresh headed :smile:
    edited May 2019
    On the whole really enjoyed tonight even if it was 6 hours of MTT's after already playing 2 during the day.

May do the same thing again tomorrow night and try improve on tonight's performance. Here are my end results for tonight:

UKOPS 9 - 27/225 ( in head prizes)

UKOPS 10 - 32/294 ( in head prizes)

UKOPS 11 - 9/239 (cashed for £56.44)

UKOPS 12 - 85/284 ( in head prizes)

Calculations on the head prizes might be slightly off will check tomorrow but with rounding the money to be donated up to £20 it is more than half the profit so not a problem.

Combine tonight's results with the Bounty Hunter that I won earlier brings todays MTT earning's to around £110 after spending £30 entering them.

Will donate tomorrow and post proof on here :smile:
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082

All of a sudden you are an MTT crusher.

Nice work, well done.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    edited May 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Nice work, well done.

Morning TK!

Needless to say, I am still awake, only reason, I am about at this time lol.

Beautiful morning here.

Alan, I am going to match your £20.00 VWP mate!
    Thank you!
    The details of your donation are below.

Order #11757 (9th May 2019)
    Product Quantity Price
    One-off donation
    About donation…

Name of Donor:
    Graham Carter

entry_id:

1 £20.00
    Subtotal: £20.00
    Payment method: Credit Card via SagePay
    Total: £20.00
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082
    StayOrGo said:

Tikay10 said:

Nice work, well done.

Morning TK!

Needless to say, I am still awake, only reason, I am about at this time lol.

Beautiful morning here.

Alan, I am going to match your £20.00 VWP mate!
    The difference is I have been to bed Graham, & I suspect you have not.

And yes, a beautiful morning, certainly better than yesterday when it was thoroughly wet & miserable.

The forum had a great day yesterday, everyone was in fine form, fingers crossed for more of the same today.
    edited May 2019
    I went hiking yesterday. Good to feel the rain on my face, quite refreshing actually. Every cloud (literally) :D
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Well played Alan. You got the chips in good and that's all any of us can do.

Great gesture with your donation and really good of Graham to match it.

Do you plan on focussing on mtts a bit more now then?
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    waller02 said:

ALAN_18 said:

I'm not too sure its a shove 20bb deep vs an UTG raise and 3 callers, but then I don't really play tournaments so not too qualified to answer, what do you think @Allan23 EDIT - Yes it probably is the more I think about it

You only have 12bb. With so much in the middle it looks a perfect spot to get it in.

Hi btw lol, have followed your diary from the off but first time I've posted. I see you are chip leader in the mini, best of luck, take it down.
    With this hand by default we have ended up in middle ground and called. If we think utg range is very strong then I prefer the argument for folding rather than calling. I think we end up not really knowing where we are by calling and not sure what flops we will love multi way. I think if opener is super tight we should happily fold and if they are opening reasonably wide we can shove. In spots like this, if we get folds its massive for our stack.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    MattBates said:

waller02 said:

ALAN_18 said:

With this hand by default we have ended up in middle ground and called. If we think utg range is very strong then I prefer the argument for folding rather than calling. I think we end up not really knowing where we are by calling and not sure what flops we will love multi way. I think if opener is super tight we should happily fold and if they are opening reasonably wide we can shove. In spots like this, if we get folds its massive for our stack.
    If the opener is unknown, or hasn't been on table long etc. do you give them the benefit of the doubt and fold then?
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

If the opener is unknown, or hasn't been on table long etc. do you give them the benefit of the doubt and fold then?

Default is shove but we can happily fold v some players.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    The AJ hand is a trivial shove as long as UTG isn't Nitty McNitface. You might even be able to shove much worse profitably here given the callorama that has occurred.

Shove>>fold>>>>>>>>>>>>>call.
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited May 2019
    Nice to see you had an enjoyable MTT session last night Alan, gg :)

Also agree that the AJ is a slam dunk shove off that stack size and the calls behind the opener (most likely too wide/capped ranges/dead money) make it a more attractive shove spot rather than less attractive.

Welcome to micro/small stakes MTT on Sky... enjoy the ride and gl :D
    edited May 2019
    edited May 2019
    So £45 in all was raised for "Great North Air Ambulance" £20 from me, £5 from @JordyAA and also £20 from @StayOrGo (Thanks so much lads it means a lot)

First photo is just before I clicked donate so it had not officially been donated then, second photo is showing it out of my bank account (£25 from me and @JordyAA ) and the other £20 @StayOrGo deposited himself and posted details above :smile:

DISCLAIMER: The pink phone case is not mine :blush: Neither is that phone actually :smile:
    So thanks to everyone who has commented on the hands I am going to read them properly now and respond to them.