You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Video Assistant Referee.

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Who do you support again Phil? ;)

You've ran very well vs us for VAR based decisions in the previous 2 meetings, no wonder you're a fan of it.

Rodri getting wrestled to the ground is a 50/50 decision? Need to remove them blinkers.

VAR is flawed in it's current format, and having some random dude in a van 200 miles away from the stadium making key decisions, of which some are incorrect, with zero accountability doesn't sit well with me.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999

You've ran very well vs us for VAR based decisions in the previous 2 meetings, no wonder you're a fan of it.

Rodri getting wrestled to the ground is a 50/50 decision? Need to remove them blinkers.

VAR is flawed in it's current format, and having some random dude in a van 200 miles away from the stadium making key decisions, of which some are incorrect, with zero accountability doesn't sit well with me.

Nothing to do with the fact that I don't support your team.

Yes, we have run well in VAR-but, then again, you would have benefitted from Ref errors otherwise.

The only reason the Pen was a 50/50 was because the Ref missed it originally. Question of whether that was clear and obvious. Do feel VAR would not have overturned a Penalty decision there.

If you want to look at what is really ruining football, look at the way your club are bankrolled....
    edited August 2019
    Essexphil said:

Yes, we have run well in VAR-but, then again, you would have benefitted from Ref errors otherwise.

The only reason the Pen was a 50/50 was because the Ref missed it originally. Question of whether that was clear and obvious. Do feel VAR would not have overturned a Penalty decision there.

If you want to look at what is really ruining football, look at the way your club are bankrolled....
    I think if the referee misses a clear and obvious penalty, of which the Rodri foul was a clear and obvious penalty, then that is exactly the type of situation where VAR should step in and correct the matter.
    Otherwise, what is the point of VAR?

You certainly benefitted from scoring a goal with the use of an arm just before this new rule change; Llorente's would've been chalked off and you'd have been eliminated in the quarters.

''If you want to look at what is really ruining football, look at the way your club are bankrolled''......please do elaborate, I'm all ears.

I've got a feeling the City bingo card might be coming out, are you going for a line or a full house Phil?

Essexphil said:

I think if the referee misses a clear and obvious penalty, of which the Rodri foul was a clear and obvious penalty, then that is exactly the type of situation where VAR should step in and correct the matter.

You certainly benefitted from scoring a goal with the use of an arm just before this new rule change; Llorente's would've been chalked off and you'd have been eliminated in the quarters.

''If you want to look at what is really ruining football, look at the way your club are bankrolled''......please do elaborate, I'm all ears.
    OK.

You are naturally the 2nd biggest team in Manchester. About half the fan base and natural turnover of United. A mid-table team, that recovered well from League 1 a few years back.

Owners who know nothing of the history of your club. Who have been caught repeatedly breaking Fair Play financial rules. Particularly by false sponsorship deals via the owner. Who are used as an Emirate plaything. And still can't win the Champions League.

I preferred the old City.
    edited August 2019
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

OK.

You are naturally the 2nd biggest team in Manchester. About half the fan base and natural turnover of United. A mid-table team, that recovered well from League 1 a few years back.

Owners who know nothing of the history of your club. Who have been caught repeatedly breaking Fair Play financial rules. Particularly by false sponsorship deals via the owner. Who are used as an Emirate plaything. And still can't win the Champions League.

You sound very bitter, Phil.

I guess when you've only won a solitary League Cup in about 20 years, it's gonna make you bitter and twisted when franchise teams like little City, founded in 2008 and funded with dirty foreign oil money, completely overtake you on and off the field.

By the way, if you'd have mentioned 'empty seats' you'd have had a line up on City bingo.

Mind the gap.

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

OK.

I guess when you've only won a solitary League Cup in about 30 years, it's gonna make you bitter and twisted when franchise teams like little City, founded in 2008 and funded with dirty foreign oil money, completely overtake you on and off the field.

By the way, if you'd have mentioned 'empty seats' you'd have had a line up on City bingo.

Mind the gap.
    Not bitter. Proud of the way Spurs do so well. Only the 6th biggest wage bill in the Premiership, but consistently top 4.

City have a marvellous team. Bitter and twisted? Try reading about a thousand of your snidey posts.
    edited August 2019
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

OK.

I guess when you've only won a solitary League Cup in about 30 years, it's gonna make you bitter and twisted when franchise teams like little City, founded in 2008 and funded with dirty foreign oil money, completely overtake you on and off the field.

Mind the gap.
    Not bitter. Proud of the way Spurs do so well. Only the 6th biggest wage bill in the Premiership, but consistently top 4.

City have a marvellous team. Bitter and twisted? Try reading about a thousand of your snidey posts.
    Has it not crossed your mind that if Levy wasn't so notoriously tight on the wages front, you might actually have something tangible to show for it, instead of just coming in the top 4?

I also don't understand the logic of being proud of 'only' having the 6th highest wage bill?
    I assume you throw an open top bus parade for it every May, seeing as you never have anything else to celebrate at that time of year.

Very bitter.

Mind the gap.

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

OK.

Mind the gap.

Has it not crossed your mind that if Levy wasn't so notoriously tight on the wages front, you might actually have something tangible to show for it, instead of just coming in the top 4?

I also don't understand the logic of being proud of 'only' having the 6th highest wage bill?
    I assume you throw an open top bus parade for it every May, seeing as you never have anything else to celebrate at that time of year.

Very bitter.

Mind the gap.
    You coming to Nottingham?
    We are still due a conversation about you abusing dead people.
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

OK.

Mind the gap.

Very bitter.

Mind the gap.
    You coming to Nottingham?
    We are still due a conversation about you abusing dead people.
    I am indeed.

Mind the gap.
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Fruity
    edited August 2019
    For what it's worth:

VAR is flawed
    The new hand ball laws are a lot of $hite
    City are a plastic nothing club who could be based anywhere for all the links they have to the original club; or the city of Manchester for that matter
    So we have a bitter spud fan and now a bitter Everton fan too.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the bitter toffee was cheering on plastic little City to the title last season ahead of their close neighbours ;)

I agree with your other points though, and at least were kinda back on topic after an attempt from the bitter spud to derail.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    VAR is top
    HENDRIK62 said:

VAR is top

It's being used again in the Champions League this season.

Not that that matters to you anyway ;)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the bitter toffee was cheering on plastic little City to the title last season ahead of their close neighbours ;)

I agree with your other points though, and at least were kinda back on topic after an attempt from the bitter spud to derail.

Wrong, I'd much rather Liverpool had won the league than plastic City last year, City are everything that's wrong with modern football and in a completely non-bitter way I detest them. Keep going out on a limb though B)

Wrong, I'd much rather Liverpool had won the league than plastic City last year, City are everything that's wrong with modern football and in a completely non-bitter way I detest them. Keep going out on a limb though B)
    Yes, you certainly come across as non-bitter ;)

Out of interest, what's your yardstick for ''plastic''?
    Cos I'll be honest with you bitter toffee, you're just putting out these tabloid style soundbites that have absolutely no substance to them whatsoever (similar to the bitter spud too)

Are you jealous? That would be understandable, particularly because it could have been Everton taken over by the Sheik.
    Are you a bit xenophobic? Not happy that it's Arab oil money being pumped into the game?
    Are you living in the past? Unable to move with the modern game? Do you think clubs should be owned by someone who was born on the turf of their stadium and they should only ever field 11 English academy kids?
    Are you just a little upset that the applecart has been rocked in the last 10 years?

I know Everton fans suffer from thinking they are still relevant these days when they aren't.

Look forward to more tabloid soundbites in reply :)
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
    Maybe give each team 2 VAR reviews each half?
    VespaPX said:

Maybe give each team 2 VAR reviews each half?

Doesn't even need that.

VAR gets involved when the ref/assistants have missed something (IE the clear penalty on Rodri vs spuds), and doesn't get involved for ridiculously marginal calls (IE the Sterling offside vs West Ham which was a farce)

City examples but applies for all clubs.

Simples.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    VAR officials appear to have decided that City aren't going to win the league this season.
    No doubt Dr Teeth and his media darlings will get more than their fair share though.

And the hand ball rule is just ridiculous.
    Different rules for attacking teams and defending teams is just so wrong.