You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Tikay10 said:

Can't be the best player on the site, as if they were they'd have taken it in their stride.

I honestly thought that sort of nonsense, which was quite normal Online 12 or 15 years ago, had died out.

It has mostly.
    Especially when it’s regs.

There’s always the odd unpleasant exception though
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Jac35 said:

Anyone know how to fix a hot water tap that's just spinning around? Plumber I think :(

Day off work today. Nearly went in and did a bit of overtime but i'm glad I didn't bother. Got a lot of jobs done and played for around 3 hours over the day.
    Made £75 and had a 11 streak. 12th game smarted when I lost a flip when he maybe should have folded but nevermind.

I also was very very lucky to get some coaching from a bloke who has a girls alias.
    He was a but rude as well but that's to be expected :)

I made a call and was dominated and this didn't go down well when I won.

I showed a lack of respect with my call (it was AQ)
    I'm never ever winning in that spot
    Shocking call
    He didn't think I was that bad
    It was awful
    I'm a reg who is meant to be decent

I wasn't really listening but then I had to sit up and take note and feel very priveledged to get this help when I was then told that

He was the best dym player on the site
    sharkscope says so
    He's overtaken Timmy at dyms

I wasn't too sure that he was the best tbh. But then he said it was 'Fact'

So it must be true

I'd felt a bit left out previously when he was calling players lots of names. He didn't really call me names but it was nice to be included.

And I've also learned that I should always fold AQ to a 3bet shove from a short stacked reg.

WIN WIN

Players say all sorts of rubbish at the tables.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Jac35 said:

Anyone know how to fix a hot water tap that's just spinning around? Plumber I think :(

Day off work today. Nearly went in and did a bit of overtime but i'm glad I didn't bother. Got a lot of jobs done and played for around 3 hours over the day.
    Made £75 and had a 11 streak. 12th game smarted when I lost a flip when he maybe should have folded but nevermind.

I also was very very lucky to get some coaching from a bloke who has a girls alias.
    He was a but rude as well but that's to be expected :)

I made a call and was dominated and this didn't go down well when I won.

I showed a lack of respect with my call (it was AQ)
    I'm never ever winning in that spot
    Shocking call
    He didn't think I was that bad
    It was awful
    I'm a reg who is meant to be decent

I wasn't really listening but then I had to sit up and take note and feel very priveledged to get this help when I was then told that

He was the best dym player on the site
    sharkscope says so
    He's overtaken Timmy at dyms

I wasn't too sure that he was the best tbh. But then he said it was 'Fact'

So it must be true

I'd felt a bit left out previously when he was calling players lots of names. He didn't really call me names but it was nice to be included.

And I've also learned that I should always fold AQ to a 3bet shove from a short stacked reg.

WIN WIN

Players say all sorts of rubbish at the tables.
    😁
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    To be fair I heard @TimmyRaRa was going through a rough patch so maybe they have overtaken him?

Nice of a top player to give out free advice to their opponents though.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Phantom66 said:

To be fair I heard @TimmyRaRa was going through a rough patch so maybe they have overtaken him?

Nice of the best player to give out free advice to their opponents though.

Fixed your post!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Calling @johnmonty

I think John reads this thread sometimes as he has plenty of time on his hands as he’s doing nothing much!

I put in a day where i play maybe 50 dyms and i feel like i’ve grafted!

By my calculations you’re averaging 205 dyms a day this year

That’s pretty amazing

How do you do it?
    How many hours a day do you play?
    How do you not go totally bonkers?
  • Options
    johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 98
    hey Jac I am indeed one of the many forum lurkers with not much to say for myself :)

Count is so high as try to take full advantage of rake races when they come around because I think that's when I can make the most money, it helps a lot that 95% of my dyms for 2020 have been turbos. 9.8k games in March was down to 4 weeks of vegas leagues so put in decent volume every day for 28 straight.

As for hours depends a lot on promos, if I'm going for a rake race it will look something like 10-12 tables 12 hours a day playing the highest stakes running to rake as much as I can. Normal day with out promos running try to keep table count 6-8 and game select where possible for maybe 6/7 hours just depends how I'm feeling.

Often find myself cracking up usually its in the middle of a big down swing half way through a rake race when I know that I can't afford to take some time out.

Hope this gave you what you were after and keep up the posting always interested with what dym regs that are meant to be decent have to say :D

• Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    Jac35 said:

Calling @johnmonty

I think John reads this thread sometimes as he has plenty of time on his hands as he’s doing nothing much!

I put in a day where i play maybe 50 dyms and i feel like i’ve grafted!

By my calculations you’re averaging 205 dyms a day this year

That’s pretty amazing

How do you do it?
    How many hours a day do you play?
    How do you not go totally bonkers?

i'm also fascinated by John, top rakeback player on DYM's currently IMO.

He primarily plays the notoriously difficult to beat TDYM's(for me impossible) and loses at an impressively slow rate.

My question is what is the minimal level of volume he needs to put in weekly and monthly to maintain a large enough rakeback value to balance versus time spent playing? So is a 20 hour week a loss, 30 breakeven and everything above a profit?

• Options
    I don't really think about it in hours but poker points accumulated
    You have to make sure to get 2k points minimum a week to get 20% rb in weekly rewards.
    You have to also look at the monthly points payments like pay jumps too as say raking 49k points in a month instead of 50k is a disaster as you will only get £735 instead of £1k in monthly payment (15% vs 20%)
  • Options
    Thanks very much for posting John
    Really interesting and impressive stuff

I know this sounds ridiculous but i thought you were actually playing even more hours than you are. I probably didn’t factor on that you play the £110s etc as well which are great for points

Are you immune now or is it shitte when you’re saying playing 5 £5dyms alongside a £110 and you win all the 5s but lose the £110?

For me at my levels it does may head in when i cash a bunch of 5s but lose the £22s and £33s that i play

Also would you ever consider going back to regular dyms and getting less in rakeback but making more from the games themselves?
  • Options
    Always frustrating losing the biggest ones you play but can't really do anything about it.

Playing more dyms would be an option but they are slower and find them a bit boring compared to turbos, the main problem is that not enough big ones run and when they do its because there are a few regs on and I'd rather play softer games. I think game selection is the most important thing with dyms and im sure theres a good few regs that don't even check who's sat before they register.
  • Options
    I was a little surprised to be honest when you said you game select. I thought you just pretty much took on everybody

I never game select which probs isn’t smart.

I guess i would if i started playing £55s again
    There was a £110 i’d love to have jumped in to the other night that was filling up. Timmy was there but i would have been happy playing the other 3 who were regged

Anyway
    Thanks again for replying and good luck with your games
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Played 3 hours
    No streaks but made £47 so that’s ok

Think I may drop off £5 leaderboard as well after looking pretty good a a couple of days ago

Hardly played this week
    Think I should go for promo properly next week as it’s very good

Was meant to get new car yesterday
    Obv not happening
    Postponed for 2 months at present but that might need to be extended too
    Sad face
  • Options
    Had a shocking start to the night with Dyms
    It was looking pretty bleak but managed a final table in one of the two mtts I played which saved the night
    £45 up in the end which was ok

I berated myself and maybe one of the other players misunderstood my comment
    I’d murdered a hand and wrote “Wp me” in the chatbox

He then wrote “Wp me” after the next few hands he won off me 😊

He then knocked me out much to the delight of his rail.

Enjoyed it though and it’s always nice to recover when it looks for sure like a losing session
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Trying any turbo DYMs whilst the promo is on?
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    Jac35 said:

Played 3 hours

Think I may drop off £5 leaderboard as well after looking pretty good a a couple of days ago

Hardly played this week

Obv not happening
    Sad face

Poker aside, what's the new car going to be?
  • Options
    bbMike said:

Trying any turbo DYMs whilst the promo is on?

I do a few at £1s £2s and £3s
    Win some and then i start on the regular ones at those stakes
  • Options
    Enut said:

Jac35 said:

Played 3 hours

Hardly played this week

Obv not happening
    Sad face

Poker aside, what's the new car going to be?
    Volvo S90
    Im old
    This colour, on Harry’s advice

• Options
    edited April 2020
    It’s been a while on the tooth 🦷 front

One of my back teeth either broke or it was a filling that came out yesterday
    Not hurting but it bled this morning. Really hoping it doesn’t become infected

Don’t want to be this guy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-devon-52321910