You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited August 2020
    @Jac35

If I were a Derby County supporter or player, headlines like this (from BBC Sport) would hack me off big time.

OK, he's Billy Big Time, been there & done it, & he earns a fortune at Derby, but he's not the be-all & end-all.

Sports journalism has never been worse.

Wayne Rooney's Derby host Barrow

They do it for a reason of course - search engine clicks. The term "Wayne Rooney" attracts views & views mean money. Trouble is the tail is wagging the dog now. The more time the name Wayne Rooney is mentioned, the more potential clicks they get.

So expect to see Wayne Rooney this that & the other non-stop all season.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Doesn’t bother me to be honest
    It’s coverage for us

I think there’s a decent a chance he’ll be our next manager
    They’ll do it all the more if that happens

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Would he really want to start his management career in League 1?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Phantom66 said:

Would he really want to start his management career in League 1?

I guess they’d still be a crowd there in League 1 if we dropped down

I don’t think there was a great deal of difference in your attendances when football resumed to pre lockdown
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
  • Options
    It’s been a bit of a struggle recently but as always i’ve kept a very level headed approach to things and not grumbled much.
    Last couple of nights have been better
    £87 up Monday night

Last night i went out for a meal with family and got back in time to reg the 2 9.30s. Played a sat for Quickdraw too and got lucky in that on the bubble and got a seat. Took cash

Came 7th in the £3rebuy and won the £11bh for a £259 night.

Regged 2 £11dyms and deregged after 40 minutes when they hadn’t filled up :(

A few days off now as Melissa is here
  • Options

"as always i’ve kept a very level headed approach to things and not grumbled much."

That amused me more than it should.

Enjoy your Melissa time.
  • Options
    Had a punt on Sunday night and bought into most of the mtts

Went shite

Didn’t play well at all and has a couple of spots that i think we’re fine but i was up against the very top of opponents ranges
    The one possible saver was the £22 mega but came 7th in that
    AK v AQ 🙃

Biggest losing night of the year £270 but it was worth a stab

I then played again on Monday night and it started in very similar fashion. I may have said to a few people that i was going to quit playing forever, i always take a few bad beats in my stride, unless i won the £22 megastack. At the time there were still about 35 left so it was optimistic

It was about 10.30 and I was one tabling at this point and i had £5.86 in my account so it shows how the other mtts has gone.
    I then ran totally golden and got a stack. I had a lot of chips with 9 left. I then knocked out all 8 which helped the head prize count somewhat. I was lucky that Collabo was on my table for a good while too. He’s very generous at offering advice to players on how to play and i took his tips on board. He had already knocked me out the main with K5 v my AK. The rainbow flop of A A 2 had seemed pretty good to me at the time but little did i know

£488.85 in the account at the end of the night was an improvement on the situation a couple of hours earlier
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    edited August 2020
    Nice one Paul @Jac35

It's great when things turn around when you're pretty near your lowest ebb :)

EDIT: I do hope my 'Run Golden' last night, wasn't down to the fact that there wasn't a drop of alcohol in the house ...... eeeek! :#
  • Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    Jac35 said:

It’s been a bit of a struggle recently but as always i’ve kept a very level headed approach to things and not grumbled much.
    £87 up Monday night

Last night i went out for a meal with family and got back in time to reg the 2 9.30s. Played a sat for Quickdraw too and got lucky in that on the bubble and got a seat. Took cash

DYM traffic has been really hit and miss lately mate. Sometimes I can get 4-5 £11s and some £16s going other times I've sat in a lobby for 40 minutes and not filled a single mid-stakes table. Hoping it's just the promo and people favouring turbos to chase points.

• Options
    Mayhem357 said:

Jac35 said:

£87 up Monday night

DYM traffic has been really hit and miss lately mate. Sometimes I can get 4-5 £11s and some £16s going other times I've sat in a lobby for 40 minutes and not filled a single mid-stakes table. Hoping it's just the promo and people favouring turbos to chase points.

I haven’t even looked at the Dym lobby for quite a while now tbh

No poker for a few days. Melissa and Harry are here

Got into Designated Survivor recently. I tried it a while ago and wasn’t impressed. But it’s grown on me

Had a ‘hole in two’ the other night. 9 iron 2nd shot on the 4th. Never left the flag. Most super fun
  • Options

What is "Designated Survivor"?

Some sort of children's game?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

What is "Designated Survivor"?

Some sort of children's game?

No
  • Options

I've googled it now, it's some shite TV Show.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I've googled it now, it's some shite TV Show.

😄
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    When do you retire from poker?

What makes you stop?

I started on here 10 years ago and played plenty beforehand elsewhere. Many players have come and gone. Have they moved to other sites, exclusively play live, simply stopped playing? Is it because they’re no good anymore and can’t win?

Is there a breaking point, a watershed moment?
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2020
    Retire from poker. When the missus tells you to stop playing poker all night because it makes you grumpy? Then it's goodbye poker or goodbye to the missus.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    Jac35 said:

What makes you stop?

I started on here 10 years ago and played plenty beforehand elsewhere. Many players have come and gone. Have they moved to other sites, exclusively play live, simply stopped playing? Is it because they’re no good anymore and can’t win?

I'd say when you're breaking into the kid's Piggy Bank to buy food for the family, would be a sure sign you need to stop altogether.

...... or have a year off, do a lot of studying..... and build up a decent Bankroll to start again. :p
  • Options
    Just booked a golf trip
    Amazing value
    £299 for Kingsbarns and Dumbarnie Links and B&B

Anyone played at either of the above?

We’ve booked an extra night too so looking for another course. Any ideas? Lundin looks a decent shout and not too expensive
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Jac35 said:

What makes you stop?

Firstly retiring sounds very formal! You can just adjust the amount you play and if you don't want to play for a while then don't play.

It depends on why your playing. If your playing for enjoyment then play when you enjoy it and don't when you don't. If its for money then its more tricky. Could you earn the money you make from poker elsewhere and enjoy it more?