You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477

We've had several Cavalier king Charles spaniels.
    They have all been really good with kids and don't need too much exercise.

Yeah that would definitely be on the list
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Change the title to "Dogs and stuff"
    You are getting far more interaction.

Sadly that’s very true

It’s almost as if it’s not that interesting that i played 4 dyms last night and won 3 of them for a £14 profit. Weird!

I do write about ‘stuff’ too but that misses as well i think :)
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited July 2020
    Jac35 said:

Dogs

Never had one but always wanted one
    Never really had time and so wouldn’t have been fair

However
    Harry wants a puppy. Melissa is going to work form home long term and she loves dogs too.
    So now it’s possible

What make is best?
    Quiet and smallish and good with children preferably

Define "quiet"

We have had 2 cocker spaniels which proved to be fantastic family pets, however they are not "quiet" a bit crazy at times. They do enjoy cuddles, do enjoy play, robust enough to enjoy a long walk (once old enough - follow the 5 minutes a month rule) but small enough that you can get away with a couple of shortish walks or a walk and play in the garden.
  • Options
    27 years after it came out i’ve finally watched Schindlers List.

It sounds ridiculous but I just couldn’t watch it before as i knew how sad it would make me. As expected it was tough viewing but very well done.

Need something lighter tonight so i’ve agreed to watch Dirty Dancing. I’ve obviously never seen it as i’m a bloke. She’s watched it about 20 times
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    i was made to watch dirty dancing too, hated it , never watched it since..enjoy
  • Options
    stokefc said:

i was made to watch dirty dancing too, hated it , never watched it since..enjoy

Marv

Looking forward to seeing it even less now :)
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    edited July 2020
    Dirty Dancing,
    I can’t believe Lee Marvin would be in a movie like that, I mean he proved he couldn’t sing in Paint Your Wagon.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

Dirty Dancing,
    I can’t believe Lee Marvin would be in a movie like that, I mean he proved he couldn’t sing in Paint Your Wagon.

i can't even remember that bit , it must have been bad...Paul will like it tho :p
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Jac35 said:

It sounds ridiculous but I just couldn’t watch it before as i knew how sad it would make me. As expected it was tough viewing but very well done.

One of my teachers made us watch that in secondary school in year 8 (I'm pretty sure it's a 15...)

Every so often the movie would be disturbed by the teacher opening his desk drawer, pulling out a handful of tissues, and passing them to various girls. Meanwhile, all the boys were pretending to be unfazed, but we were all looking around the classroom with our nervous fake smiles, wondering who was going to cry in class and probably be bullied for the next three and a bit years.

Not the best choice for a school movie.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Son of Saul is good if you want to be horrified.

I’m going to watch the documentary Dealt this weekend. Trailer looks fascinating though may contain a plot spoiler!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619

Forget all those naff films. Watch the Murdoch Documentary on BBC. It's epic, best TV I've seen in many a moon.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    Have you watched The Green Mile? If you can watch that and remain tear free then you're a better man than me.
  • Options
    Brentford were rubbish
    am gonna get really wasted tonight
    lets hope we get our $hit together for a better season in a few weeks
    UTMP
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Jac35 said:

Need something lighter tonight
    so i’ve agreed to watch Dirty Dancing. I’ve obviously never seen it as i’m a bloke. She’s watched it about 20 times

Just don't watch Bambi :cry:

If you need something more cheerier...

Watched my first slapstick comedy in years the other day 'Vacation' (on Netflix). It isn't going to win any Oscars but was a chuckle :)
  • Options
    Dodged Dirty Dancing 😄

She was happy to catch up on 3 episodes of the Peter Crouch show

Do you mean The Holiday, Mark?

One of the modern classics along with Pretty Woman and Notting Hill
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I had a look at Blonde earlier and came across this

https://uk.pokernews.com/news/2020/05/patrick-leonard-pads-his-bankroll-with-1-61-million-38677.htm

He has a thread on there that he started 10 years ago when he was playing $10 hu games

He got a little bit of stick for the title but i guess he’s the one laughing now :)

It’s fascinating reading. He’s also totally bonkers. I seem to recall that a while ago he was asking for advice on getting an assistant who could buy him different coloured pens for example

I played with him once or twice

He won a £650 pot v me at Dtd 😩

I called his shove on the turn with QJss on 10 8 x with 2 spades

He had K high and i missed

There was already a decent amount in the pot by the turn but it was really bad call. I should have donk shoved the turn myself

I was all in
    I remember the dealer gave him the pot and there was still a bit left in the middle
    He started shuffling and i asked if it was my change

He was really apologetic and said it was the rake and he’d forgotten to gather it

I felt a embarrassed and a bit of a twattt

I then got up and went home :)

• Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    About that guard of honour..
  • Options
    Sky_SamT said:

Clear off
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Sky_SamT said:

I can't wait 'til we're half a dozen games into next season and we already have more points than Derby once managed in an entire season.
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

Sky_SamT said:

I can't wait 'til we're half a dozen games into next season and we already have more points than Derby once managed in an entire season.
    You can sod off as well