You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,500

Good work @TWRAMYEP, proud of you.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,635
    Jac35 said:

Woman stops play for this evening
    So I won’t be able to put in my usual nightly grind.

Hopefully I’ll cling on to a few of the leaderboards until the last day

woman, as in you seeing a woman tonight ? and won,t be able put your usual grind
    age is a buggerrr
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    stokefc said:

Jac35 said:

woman, as in you seeing a woman tonight ? and won,t be able put your usual grind
    age is a buggerrr
    No, woman as in on wednesdays Jac becomes Jacquelyn, it doesn't normally stop him playing DYMs though.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Good luck with the grind Jac.
    It must be really hard, playing DYMs and printing money.

On a more serious note.
    I spent part of yesterday travelling the A and B roads of Anglesey.
    And checking the shape of manhole covers along the way.
    I didn't see any of the odd shaped ones.
    Thrilling, I know.

My holidays rock.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,500

On a more serious note.
    Thrilling, I know.

My holidays rock.

That's because they've all been stolen;

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2010/09/10/manhole-cover-thefts-put-mid-wales-drivers-at-risk/
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,278
    Jac35 said:

Sigh
    I write an incredibly interesting thread on everyone’s favourite variant of poker, Dyms, and all you lot want to talk about is manhole covers

Is there a link to that thread?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    stokefc said:

Jac35 said:

age is a buggerrr
    The night was ok thanks :)
  • Options

On a more serious note.
    Thrilling, I know.

My holidays rock.

Thanks on the first part

Please don’t encourage them on the second bit
  • Options
    Enut said:

Jac35 said:

Sigh
    I write an incredibly interesting thread on everyone’s favourite variant of poker, Dyms, and all you lot want to talk about is manhole covers

Is there a link to that thread?

:)

Morning Paul

How’s life treating you?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Well that could have been a lot worse. Won 7 out of last 9 Dyms to finish only a fiver down at them.
    Had the worst possible mix tonight.
    Played really badly at times, ran grotty, lost with Aces and Kings in the bubble countless times., got it in bad and stayed bad. But even more importantly it was one of those nights when the short stack always seemed to get there on the bubble.

So a pretty good result really.
    I was in last place going into today on 3 leaderboards so I hoped to improve but I’m pretty sure I won’t have done. It would be pretty shoddy to drop off all 3.

Got accused of colluding tonight when I made one questionable fold. Seemed reasonable from the accuser. A sample size of one is pretty conclusive
    Can’t remember ever having that thrown at me before.
    When it was decided that I hadn’t colluded I received a bit of coaching which was much appreciated.
    I watched him play for a while and I’m deliberating on whether going all in every other hand is the way to go in the future. I’ve been doing it wrong

Played the tenner sat as well, briefly
    Any tips on box sets?
    Had to watch Miss Congeniality last night.
    This is not good

Bankroll £315 so up £115 for month so far. S’ok
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Jac35 said:

Got accused of colluding tonight when I made one questionable fold. Seemed reasonable from the accuser. A sample size of one is pretty conclusive

I've had this a few times. Obviously you must be a bot that doesn't read the chat box.
  • Options
    I nearly forgot
    Haven’t seen this player before
    Interesting alias

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Jac35 said:

Well that could have been a lot worse. Won 7 out of last 9 Dyms to finish only a fiver down at them.
    Had the worst possible mix tonight.
    Played really badly at times, ran grotty, lost with Aces and Kings in the bubble countless times., got it in bad and stayed bad. But even more importantly it was one of those nights when the short stack always seemed to get there on the bubble.

So a pretty good result really.
    I was in last place going into today on 3 leaderboards so I hoped to improve but I’m pretty sure I won’t have done. It would be pretty shoddy to drop off all 3.

When it was decided that I hadn’t colluded I received a bit of coaching which was much appreciated.
    I watched him play for a while and I’m deliberating on whether going all in every other hand is the way to go in the future. I’ve been doing it wrong

Played the tenner sat as well, briefly
    Any tips on box sets?
    Had to watch Miss Congeniality last night.
    This is not good

Bankroll £315 so up £115 for month so far. S’ok

Nice one Jac on being that much in Profit in the first few days of the month. Always good to make money from a 'hobby/pastime'

Thanks for the GOOD LUCK wishes tonight on FT of SPT Semi.... it obv. worked, and I'm looking forward to seeing my name in (foot)Lights in TiKay's report in the morning :)

Just got to have a good run in a Tourney to pay for the trip, as Mrs. Misty has got the taste for SPT Trips too...... I blame @HANSON, @MAXALLY and @IrishRose (Roseeeee) for supplying her with too many Cocktails in Brighton (...and the 'Fab. Friday' Prosecco at £9 a bottle!!!). Looking forward to seeing you at The Alea Jac.

As for Box sets, I know most people (in our household at least) are watching PEAKY BLINDERS, Mrs Misty (and me out of the corner of my eye whilst playing Poker) has just re-watched it from the start and it is really good.... and they smoke even more than you do :wink::D

A defo series (rather than Box Set) that I watched every week was 'My Fighting Season' on National geographic, about US troops in Afghanistan, and uses actual Head-Cam footage from the troops....just amazing.

'The Capture' looks like being a good series.... started on BBC1 on Tuesday night, and for a bit of a laugh.... 'Brassic' is quite good, esp. for a bit of Northern Humour..... talking of which, I'm sure you must have seen 'SHAMELESS' ..... the first 4 or 5 series were brilliant..... just trying to remember which one Hhufty is...... ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Awesome
    I’ve just seen the leaderboards
    I did in fact drop off two of them and got £3.34 from the one i cashed in.

Makes all that extra volume worthwhile ;)

it’s made me more determined to put in proper volume this week and play the £1s and £2 as well
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    What’s that expressed as additional ROI?! Ah well it’s a few buy-ins at 1.10.

Recently enjoyed Russian Doll on Netflix 1 series of 8 short episodes. You’ll know quite quickly if it’s for you.

May see you on the tables later
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    Watching Rush as recommended by Haysie.
    Very good.

And-sad man that I am-watching New Tricks from the start again.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    An easy watch is Friday Night Dinner I thought it was hilarious, although my missus thought it was awful. You'll know for yourself either way after a couple of episodes.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for those recommendations chaps

So much for mega volume Jac
    I’ve played for 3 hours and I’ve had enough now. My play is getting even worse than normal so I think I’m leaving it for the night.

I started off with the early tenner sat. Was great value. 3 runners for a semi seat. Had a crappy beat and so continued my run. 4 attempts and haven’t got anywhere. I’ll end up paying for a seat in sats 😊
    Although it’s been a decent start to the month I absolutely won’t be able to justify buying in. So I better get my finger out 😊

Played the freeroll and won a tenner 😊

Dyms went pretty well. Made £53
    Can’t really get any streaks going
    I think I had won 5 £11s and had 3 running. Won 2 but lost the 3rd. Not sure which game started first. So I could have a 5 streak or it could be a 7 streak, Thubk more likely 5

It was that Pingus fault. He had the cheek to call from the bb with QQ when I shoved the sb. My hand wasn’t quite as good as his tbf 😉

Female stops play again tomorrow. I’m out in Nottingham for the evening at a show.
    Need a couple of hundred points to get to 1k for the week

Exciting times 😊

Bankroll £368
  • Options
    Show was good last night

Cricket was tossy today

Poker was alright tonight

Bubbled the £10.50 sat but got about £20 for 4th
    Played the mini and I’ve just bust in 13th
    Key hand for a massive stack was AK on button. Sb has Aces. Didn’t end well 😊

Dyms went ok

Made £65 on the night

Decent first week to the month though. I’ve made £233 and I’ve just under a tenner in rakeback to come (finished 45 points short of the 1k mark)

Bankroll £433