You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Gareth Bale didn't want to leave Madrid. He was being forced out by Zidane.
    China appeared to be the only offer until someone high up at Real decided it wasn't the right deal for them.
    Now Bale is back playing for Real and mighty Wales. 😁
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    100 hundreds not alot i suppose when we have 11 playing fore england who have got about a dozen between em
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,481
    edited September 2019
    gpc70 said:

tony how do u compare child abuse with fiddling a few quid outta the taxman is beyond me.over 20 years with my own business and never paid full i can say it now cause they can only go back xamount of years.

@gpc70

I'm not comparing child abuse with tax evasion, what I am saying is that both are generally deemed by society to be immoral whereas, say, bank robbers are not.

The Great Train Robbers, for balance, were mostly well thought of, as were those who committed the Hatton Garden heist, about which a film was made.

• Options

Why should premier league footballers be excluded from honours?
    There are many multi millionaires from other industries that have received them.

For the record, I don't believe anyone should receive honours just for doing their job.
    Or doing their job very badly, if you look at May's recent list.

Even without the conviction, what has Boycott done to deserve anything?

As England cricketers go, he is as worthy of an Honour as almost any other, & is certainly one of the best Test batsman of my lifetime. If cricketers are entitled to be Knighted, he's entitled to be near the top of the list. (Botham's Knighthood was for Services to Charity, not Cricket).
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Sir Geoff Boycott

Any thoughts on that?

Well yes & no.

I'd rather not dwell on Sir Geoffrey, because I'm unsure of the answer, but he's a good example of something that has interested me for a good many years.

When someone commits a crime that is socially unacceptable, such as hitting a woman, messing with kids, fiddling their tax, stealing from the elderly & vulnerable, (as opposed to, say, robbing a bank), they get found guilty, then go to Prison or pay their Fine, Community Service or whatever.

At what stage - if ever - is it fine (or not) to accept them fully back into society & not keep banging on about their past history?

Can or should there ever come a time when we say "OK, that's it, you've paid your bill, now let's move on"?

I am unsure in my mind about the Sir Geoffrey case, but I'm very interested in the wider subject.

FWIW, I DO think that once the bill has been paid, that ought to be the end of the matter, but then again, I can find plenty of examples where I would never forgive & forget.
    My view is after a conviction, especially the kind Boycott had, you should be excluded from consideration for honours

Awkwardly though, I kind of like him and was pleased for him
    Well I respect that opinion, but I'm not sure I agree.
  • Options

Gareth Bale didn't want to leave Madrid. He was being forced out by Zidane.
    China appeared to be the only offer until someone high up at Real decided it wasn't the right deal for them.
    Now Bale is back playing for Real and mighty Wales. 😁

Please, this is a serious discussion.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    gpc70 said:

100 hundreds not alot i suppose when we have 11 playing fore england who have got about a dozen between em

But why should someone get a knighthood for doing their job(well).

As Tikay says, Botham got his for walking thousands of miles and raising millions for charity.
    Deservedly so.

Playing cricket and talking about it while being well paid.
    I don't think so.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    “Ooh 18 new comments, what revelations in the exciting world of DYMs could they be discussing?” Oh, it’s ‘stuff’ again :)

If we believe in rehabilitation then once a conviction is spent that should be the end of the matter in my opinion. I don’t like the current trend of scouring through someone’s digital history to somehow discredit or smear them as a character today. We all have the capability to learn grow and change. Theresa May’s heart felt speech though haha, if there’s one thing we know about Geoffrey Boycott it’s that he’ll stick around and get the runs !!

When footballers were paid less, TV services cost less too, and match day tickets were cheaper so I’d like to see this money returned to households. Though it’s likely that all the good players will play abroad, like the players from other countries do today. So pay them more and tax them more so we can pay our neurosurgeons what they deserve.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    bbMike said:

“Ooh 18 new comments, what revelations in the exciting world of DYMs could they be discussing?” Oh, it’s ‘stuff’ again :)

If we believe in rehabilitation then once a conviction is spent that should be the end of the matter in my opinion. I don’t like the current trend of scouring through someone’s digital history to somehow discredit or smear them as a character today. We all have the capability to learn grow and change. Theresa May’s heart felt speech though haha, if there’s one thing we know about Geoffrey Boycott it’s that he’ll stick around and get the runs !!

When footballers were paid less, TV services cost less too, and match day tickets were cheaper so I’d like to see this money returned to households. Though it’s likely that all the good players will play abroad, like the players from other countries do today. So pay them more and tax them more so we can pay our neurosurgeons what they deserve.

On that subject, stop footballers pretending their "image rights" belong to an offshore company.

Lots of footballers do loads for charity. A lot do it without drawing attention to themselves.

Incoming newsflash-looks like new dodgy owner for Derby...
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited September 2019
    I'm a quid up after playing for nearly 3 hours but its been relatively eventful. Honest! :)

I played the sat for the main and being disconnected on the bubble when i'm short and have KQ and it’s folded to me is a little frustrating. Love the software :)
    Bubbled

Played a direct sat for the £48 tonight and won that.

Played a few dyms and bust my £2 streak 1st game

I thought this was an interesting hand

layer Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    adamsmith9 Small blind 15.00 15.00 2600.00
    Alexs19 Big blind 30.00 45.00 2000.00
    Your hole cards

hoolio41 Call 30.00 75.00 1785.00
    Jac35 Call 30.00 105.00 2155.00
    DeadmanSk Fold
    THAISUKO Call 30.00 135.00 1420.00
    adamsmith9 Call 15.00 150.00 2585.00
    Alexs19 Check
    Flop

J
    J

adamsmith9 Check
    Alexs19 Check
    hoolio41 Check
    Jac35 Check
    THAISUKO Check
    Turn

adamsmith9 Check
    Alexs19 Bet 30.00 180.00 1970.00
    hoolio41 Raise 240.00 420.00 1545.00
    Jac35 Call 240.00 660.00 1915.00
    THAISUKO Raise 1140.00 1800.00 280.00
    adamsmith9 Fold
    Alexs19 All-in 1970.00 3770.00 0.00
    hoolio41 All-in 1545.00 5315.00 0.00
    Jac35 Fold
    THAISUKO All-in 280.00 5595.00 0.0

You calling or folding ?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    What format is this game?

In an MTT it is a call.
    In a DYM it is a sigh-fold.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

What format is this game?

In an MTT it is a call.
    In a DYM it is a sigh-fold.

Dym
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    😞

Just remembered why I hate mtts.
    I’m not very good at them and the software is rigged against me

Bust the SPT sat in 5th to an interesting call against my shove.
    Bust the £11bh 4 or 5 off the money to @RLT16 (his call was fine 😊) no heads
    Bust the £3rebuy not far from the money when a player who overcalled a limp pre then called my 11bb shove with K 10. Why do they always get there on the river?

Won a couple of Dyms
    Quid down on the night 😊

2 players in one of my Dyms were talking about the software. Definite trends they’ve noticed. One had lost 28 times out of 30 when ahead.
    Apparently the aggressor is the one that the software favours and the clever trappy guys get shafted. I may have just shoved A3 bvb and got there v AJ 😉

No poker tomorrow
    Gonna watch Derby in the company of a female who’s away for a week from Saturday.
    Usual pub mate has Lyme disease which looks rather unpleasant
    Played golf the other day and was rubbish so I’m selling my clubs and I’m not playing that silly game again for a while
    Will play lots of poker next week then I guess 😁
  • Options
    Gonna watch Derby in the company of a female who’s away for a week from Saturday

That'll teach her.
  • Options
    Weird hand that above, they’re all happy to check through the JJ9 flop then a min bet sets everyone off crazy 3 all-ins on the 8 turn. What stake was the game (and do you think that matters?)? I don’t recognise the players, perhaps it’s possible someone is married to QT, AJ, KJ there’s not many combos that are beating you particularly as you’d think the Jacks are shared amongst 2 players, but I’d expect one of them to have you beat with either 99 J9 or J8, and if not you’ve likely got to fade over cards to hold.

It’s a strange one though because their ranges overlap with each other so much, maybe they all have better houses! Decent fold in game, you may find yourself on the bubble in level 2 with pretty much starting stack. Would expect you to have a high cash % from there.
  • Options

@Jac35

Congrats on your Streak Week winnings. Just about enough to buy a SPT Notts Seat.*

* Before deducting the amount spent on Satellites.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Congrats on your Streak Week winnings. Just about enough to buy a SPT Notts Seat.*

* Before deducting the amount spent on Satellites.

Thank you

Yeah, it was nice to get a bit out of the promotion.
    Bankroll now £673 so on track for the month.

Unfortunately i won’t be able to spend the bonus cash on a seat. Can’t really justify it.
    I think 2 new tyres so that i’m not running on slicks anymore may be the wiser choice

Great promotion
    It gives the smaller players like me a chance.
    I understand the reasons for the normal ones but unless you’re playing 10/20 and raking 80k points a month most have little chance of getting anything out of them.
    Big point for us last night in our relegation scrap. Maybe crucial come the end of the season.

• Options
    Mtts can be ok i spose

4 goes at getting into SPT but no good. Got my money back at dyms plus a little bit.

Played the 3rebuy which didn't go well
    Played the mini which went quite well and I came 3rd
    Played the 11bh 9.30 and won that.

Ran super well in the mini so didn't really mind this grotty hand to get heads up with all the chips. Honestly I was fine with it. Honestly. Just smiled. Honestly

layer Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    luto2512 Small blind 40000.00 40000.00 1965046.37
    wilrich Big blind 80000.00 120000.00 1084229.03
    Your hole cards
    A
    Q

Jac35 Raise 160000.00 280000.00 1630724.60
    luto2512 Fold
    wilrich All-in 1084229.03 1364229.03 0.00
    Jac35 Call 1004229.03 2368458.06 626495.57
    wilrich Show
    Jac35 Show
    A
    Q
    Flop

Q

Turn

Q

River

J

wilrich Win Straight to the Queen 2368458.06 2368458.06

Tbf I had ran well so it was fine. Happy with the nights work

Bankroll £1049
  • Options
    Nice work a near £400 increase on the bankroll, still can't justify buying into the SPT out of the profits? :)

MTT / DYM profits are just the same as sat profits really. Flick it in.
  • Options

What a run out v the old 9-8. At least you took it like a grown-up, so many players hoot & holler with the "rigged" nonsense in that spot.

Well done on last night's results, very nice.