You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The story continues

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,728
    Good Evening
    The above happened in Vegas Mr.K.
    Sorry for the lack of updates here, I know folk are waiting with baited breath for the next riveting instalment, but...no buts.

The recent SPT in Nottingham looked fun, well done Skypoker for putting on these great live tournaments, It’s a pity I couldn’t make it, even though I have a spare seat hanging in the ether somewhere , I do have a (kind of) excuse, reason , for not attending..Its our 31st Wedding Anniversary today, and I feel going away the weekend prior was not good form.

I really felt for Ryan ( Waller) I can understand completely where he is coming from, my daughter suffers in the same way, I think he’s doing a quite marvellous job of doing a poker diary progress report here, mucho kudos.

I think I’m related to Haysie, loved his report on his tribulations in Nottingham, it felt like he’d lived my life that weekend.

Poker has been going ok, I’ve made a few final tables, I think I won one of them, I’m not too sure which one, I do know I finished second in the £2 deep stack, and ft’ it the next day, or the day after ( This reviewing of hands is going well 😏)

Managed a couple of withdrawals which went towards the new washing machine and fridge freezer ., which I balked at paying £50 for them to “instal” the door on the integrated washing machine.
    That may have been an error on my part.
    I work in a joinery works, how hard can it be to unscrew 4 screws, move the washing machine, put new washing machine in place, re-screw 4 screws, job done?
    Well.... It wouldn’t be hard if the machine came ready levelled, and the bl....dy hinges were in the same place 🤯

Washing machines are....heavy.
    The instructions ( Which Sarah for some unknown reason kept harping on about) specifically said ...and I quote - ( actually Sarah was quoting them to me) “ To level the feet, first unscrew the lock nut clockwise.
    Ok...my first question to she who holds the “ instructions”
    Is it clockwise from the top, or clockwise from the bottom? Cos I can’t undo it from the top because it’s on the floor.
    “ Tom just undo it”
    It didn’t make sense to me, but I persisted in following the “ Instructions”
    Of course I was tightening the bl...dy lock nut.
    It’s clockwise from the top 😳, which you can’t do from the top cos the weight of the washing machine is on the **** feet.

I had a brainwave
    I started undoing them anti clockwise
    Worked a treat 😇.
    The door hinge instructions were like reading how to wire up a Hadron Collider.
    I reverted to my own method of measuring stuff, sunk 2 new hinge holes, filled the old hinge holes.
    Also worked a treat.😇

Stay tuned for next weeks riveting instalment of Fridge freezer.

My good ladies health is a worry, we go to hospital next week for the second go at “ installing “ a loop recorder to monitor her heart rhythms for the hospital to keep check on.

I have been to hospital today for physio on my dodgy hips, the lady who bent my body in ways I recall doing in my 20’s during my lothario days suggested the tendons between my hip and muscle may have been inflamed for the past umpteen years , she has given me exercises to do at home, she asked if I have a full length mirror to check on my body positioning whilst doing aforementioned exercises, i raised my eyebrows....

Gorgeous grandson is such a joy, he makes me laugh every day.
    Dear daughter isn’t too bad, she’s having more good days than bad at present, the test will come during the dark winter months.

That’s all for now, I’ve just seen a message from my good lady “ There’s a spider under a glass at the top of the stairs, don’t let it out or I won’t sleep tonight”
    You would have thought she knows me by now 😊

Be nice x
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    I hope you removed the transportation bars from the back of the machine before you fitted it or else you'd have to take the machine out again, rookie error which I've done numerous times
    Nice to see you back mate gl at the tables
  • Options
    Evening all
    As is ever present in my life, I can’t keep it up.

Firstly, poker is going ok, I’ve made a few withdrawals this year which has helped pay towards holidays, and white goods which is nice., I’m going to carry on playing now and again hopefully because I quite enjoy it.

These past few weeks haven’t been great tbh. My dear daughter is in hospital , she has been in two weeks now, she hasn’t eaten anything in that time as she keeps being violently sick.
    When she first went in the diagnosis was appendicitis, she was moved from Eastbourne to The Conquest in Hastings, where they did umpteen tests, decided on appendicitis and planned surgery.

The day of the surgery they changed their minds.
    Did more tests and pointed towards Crohns.
    Doctor was pretty sure they were on the right track this time, meanwhile my daughter still isn’t eating, can’t keep any liquid down, so the medication she takes daily to keep her well enough to face the world hasn’t been kept down.

She is in a bad way, now they have diagnosed colitis , they keep trying to do a tube down the throat thingy, but whenever they try she gets really sick so they have to abandon it.

Meanwhile our gorgeous grandson is missing her , and we have to keep things normal at home and look after him, his dad is not long into a new job so my dear wife has taken the last two weeks off work to look after him.

We were informed yesterday she will be in hospital at least another week.. I don’t know what we are going to do, I’m sure we will sort something out, things like this seem to happen frequently in our household, hence why I haven’t posted for a while because it seems all I do is report on the bad times, but I can’t hold it in, I’m falling apart.

I’ve tried so hard to be a good person since 2004.
    2004 was the last time I had a drink, by drink I mean a lot.
    I thought I was having a great time in my drinking days, I was a ****.
    I was a bad husband, a bad father, in my eyes I can never make up for them days, my wife says I’m a different person and she loves me more than ever , but the memories remain and I feel shame.
    The thing with drink is, it makes you feel invincible, it makes you forget your responsibilities, it turns you into a thoughtless n.ob.
    I tried giving up, I tried all the things people do, I went to meetings, I saw psychiatrists, I was weak and it was breaking my heart . Inside I know I’m a decent person, but I was lost and I knew I couldn’t win against the demons.
    So one morning after a binge I couldn’t take it anymore, I was convinced my wife and children would be better without me.
    I was lucky, Two passers by saw me hanging and took me down before any brain damage .
    I was taken to hospital and sectioned.

It’s a long road to recovery.
    I think I’d better leave it there.

Be nice.x
  • Options
    wow mate just wow , words escape me , you,re doin the right thing now Tom and thats all that matters , stay strong bud
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,541
    Sorry to read the above post Tom brings echo's in my past.

Been there, in the Garage with the hose, Engine running when the grandchildren ran down the Garden calling Grandad they Popped in to see me because the wife was away and was on my own, asked me why the Garage door was closed was I fixing the car, thought I was crying with joy to see then. in away I was but now aware of what I was about to do. The Mind plays tricks the Body responds take heart you are not alone in your situation and I'm glad you are still here to talk about it. You seem to have drawn the short straw Health wise be sure that things will get better for you and your Daughter. Hug your Wife & Kids and tell them you Love them puts things in perspective. Don
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Wow Tom, yeah also lost for words. Massive credit to you for turning it all around though. Respect.

Hope your daughter is back home and the mend soon.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    I don’t normally look at this part of the forum Tom so that’s the reason I haven’t posted here before.

15 years ago you changed your ways and have never succumbed to drink again.
    That shows incredible strength and you’ll show that same strength again right now.

Your family must all be so proud of you.

You’re a good man and I hope things all work out for your daughter soon, With the love you and Sarah give her she’ll be ok.

Take care mate
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Well that was one helluva read. Huge respect to you for turning your life around and I wish all the best to you and your family during these trying times.

There seems to have been a recent spate of people opening up on the forum about personal demons and/or metal health problems. Every single one deserves huge credit for doing so. Shining a light on these issues will help those who are suffering in silence realise that they are not alone and, with help, there is a path back to a better place.

All the best.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,191

I'm lost for words Tom.

Stay strong mate.

And yes, you are a very good man.
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words all.
    I was feeling very fragile when I posted, looking back I’m not sure I should have done so, one of life’s multitude of quandaries is what and when to share personal stuff.
    On the one hand it gets it off your chest, and that’s the right thing to do yes?
    On the other hand you open yourself up to scrutiny and lay yourself bare in front of an all too judgemental world.

Today is another day, one foot in front of another and all that .

My wife and I are going up to visit my dear daughter this afternoon, I’ll put my best happy dad face on and cheer her up with tales of how inept I am at normal day to day stuff like trying to put the new dog collar on without her help 😊

I may try to play a bit this evening, a semblance of normality is the way forward ey.

Keep smiling x
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Tom,

It's good to talk, it really is. You are amongst friends here who care a great deal, & they are a terrific bunch.
  • Options

Sarah got flowers from Chloe which was lovely
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Does Chloe do handwriting lessons?
    She writes beautifully and I could do with the help
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Does Chloe do handwriting lessons?
    She writes beautifully and I could do with the help

Chloe ordered them over the phone from Sarah’s favourite florist ( Which I provided info on, so I obv take some credit 😉)
    The handwriting is from the lady in the shop, although tbh Chloe’s handwriting is as nice, she even spells her sons name with a capital L. 😊 Small things....
  • Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    Keep your chin up m8,, get a bowl of lobby darn n tha’ll be reet.
    But seriously just keep doing what you are doing and I am sure everything will be ok with you and yours.
    Wish I could say the same here m8 but unfortunately my missus is on borrowed time.
  • Options

But seriously just keep doing what you are doing and I am sure everything will be ok with you and yours.
    Wish I could say the same here m8 but unfortunately my missus is on borrowed time.

I’m really sorry to hear this mate, it must be incredibly difficult for you and the family, our wives really do keep us going, my heart goes out to you.
    I’ve been guilty of the horrible thought “ What will I do if Sarah goes before me”
    It sounds selfish, but I can’t see how I will manage, she does so much for me and all the family, it’s that time of life I suppose , and enjoying each day together is a blessing, except it’s not always as straightforward as that, especially when I get on her nerves as much as I do 😉
  • Options

im sorry to hear about this Bill , our thoughts are with you mate
  • Options

@pomfrittes

Very sorry to hear that Pommy.