You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The story continues

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,190

Amazing win to FT ratio there Tom, well done.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,728
    Tikay10 said:

Amazing win to FT ratio there Tom, well done.

Thank you
    I meant to say I played ok, and ran really well, my pairs were hitting sets, my Aces were hitting flops, and I didn’t bluff once 😉.

The “ Curse of the withdrawal “ is a bit of an old wives tale, I have withdrawn 4 times this week, my good lady is very happy, the holiday season has started very well in the ‘goodun’ household ❤️
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    " I have withdrawn 4 times this week, my good lady is very happy,"

Admit it, we all had the same thought on this bit.

p.s.
    Very well done Tom.
    Have a good festive season.
  • Options

p.s.
    Very well done Tom.

Thank you, same to you and family.
    😊 I really should read what I write. She would be more than happy if I withdrew once a month 😉.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,100

p.s.
    Very well done Tom.

I had no idea he was Catholic.
    Is that where the phrase "job's a good'un" originates from?

Happy Xmas to you Tom, your family, and all readers of this thread.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

p.s.
    Very well done Tom.

I had no idea he was Catholic.
    Is that where the phrase "job's a good'un" originates from?

Happy Xmas to you Tom, your family, and all readers of this thread.
    Happy Xmas to you and family Phil, always enjoy your input.
  • Options
    A nightmare before Xmas ( Special ‘thanks’ to Dr.Google )

Those of you who have followed my story may have noticed I mention my dear daughter at times.
    She’s currently in a really good space, apart from the odd sickness bug, her mental health has been under control thanks to her putting in place certain regimes and keeping on top of her medication, she also tells us when she is beginning to feel the old symptoms creep in and we do what we can to help.

Last Tuesday I was at work and Chloe was due to take gorgeous grandson Lucian to Nursery at 1pm and go to work at 1:15 pm, it’s always a bit tight but she manages by getting a taxi, or getting a lift off my niece ( who...tbh, isn’t the greatest at being on time)

I message her during the day, and she sends me pics of Lucian which always cheers me up, this particular day she sent a ‘selfie’ at 12:15, asking what I thought about the difference in her eyes was, and should she be concerned..

Ok... one pupil was normal, the other pupil was pretty much taking up the whole eye 🤯
    I consulted ‘Dr.Google’ where things like aneurism , bleed on the brain, etc were mentioned, and the advice was consult a Doctor as soon as possible.

So, I’m at work, I don’t want to scare her and I don’t want her to consult Dr Google, so I rang her and said as you are so close to going to work where you may be worried all afternoon, ring the docs and see what they say.

The lady on the desk advised her to go to the opticians, as apparently they have better equipment, oh and it will cost you £25 as it’s not covered by our surgery or summat.

In the meantime the niece has been in touch saying she’s just washed her hair, needs to get dressed and dry her hair and she’ll be round to pick her up ( this was at 12:20 for pick up at 12:45) 😩 oh and she can’t take her to work if she’s going to opticians because she promised to pick her bf up at 3:15 ( erm.....)

So, I decide there’s only one solution, I drive home in record time, take Lucian to Nursery 10 mins late, and take Chloe to the opticians.
    The tests don’t show anything but the optician is worried so he writes a letter for the hospital and tells us to go there and we should be seen straight away.

Long story shorter, she has umpteen tests, we were there from 2:30pm to 7:40pm, and they can’t find what the issue is, so they say we will get you in tomorrow for the eye clinic.

I fail to mention above that she always takes a list of her medication along whenever she goes to hospital, she also showed the list to the opticians.

Next day her bf sends her a pic of his eye which is exactly the same 😳

Chloe puts 2 and 2 together,
    She had a sickness bug the other week, her bf caught the bug.
    Chloe was given anti-sickness patches ( Scopoderm)
    She then decides to read the “ What May happen if you take this medication “ leaflet....
    What may happen includes one pupil becoming enlarged, and vision blurred.
    She had given a patch to her bf.

Alls well that ends well.
    Doctor Google is ok, but don’t believe everything he says.

If anyone reading uses these patches, this may happen to you but prob best to get checked out.
  • Options
    The story tonight, almost but not quite ..
    £3 hi lo - fin 2nd
    £5 hi lo bh - fin 6th

Just entered an £11 bh, Aces first hand, raised, got re-raised 😊
    He calls my shove with Kings
    Aces hold 😊

Update FT index later
  • Options
    Update of FT

Managed to limp on to Ft of the £11 bh, fin 5th.

Ft index

Ft’s - 14
    Wins - 5

Shopping tomorrow
    Bedtime x
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Wp Tom

Enjoy shopping 😉
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Wp Tom

Enjoy shopping 😉

Cheers Paul, shopping was splendid, dear daughter and grandson came along.
    Lucian has a new ‘favourite song’ which he claps and sings along to - We will Rock you’ by Queen , it’s awesome to hear him sing “ We will we will Talk to you” 😊❤️

Inspired by your diary I had a peek at my profit loss summary, dunno if I did it right but it goes from April 2018 ? £6418 profit.
  • Options
    Good Evening

Last update of the year poker wise.

Ft the Omaha hi lo £5 bh, fin 3rd
    Won the £2 deep stack tonight
    Got berated for calling with QQ aipf in a £11 bh early doors, he had open Shoved AK and won the hand, weird.
    Played some Ukops , lost.
    Ft index

Final Tables - 16
    Wins - 6

Wish everyone a happy healthy New Year x

• Options

Missed this, sorry Tom.

Happy New Year to you & all your family.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Missed this, sorry Tom.

Happy New Year to you & all your family.

Thank you, sorry to hear you were under the weather over the festive period, how are you feeling at present?

Story of yesterday
    Due to influx of new toys n stuff, we decided to frequent Ikea to purchase stuff to place said new gifts.
    Went for a storage unit, came back with umpteen things, cost nearly £300 😳.

Decided to have a game of poker later than normal, probably wasn’t a good idea as I had the 3rd part of Dracula to watch at 9pm, sure enough I was out of the Megastack and Mini in fairly short order, good to see that Paul @Jac35 did well last night in the Mtt’s.

As I was on the laptop anyway I browsed the satellite tab, entered the £3 all in sats to the sheriff? I think it’s called, went and won the last one happy days.

My play in aforementioned tournament could be described as “ tight as a.......”
    I was getting quite lucky early doors, a raiser before me and I flat with QQ, ordinarily I would 3 bet, but not having played this game before my thought process was a bit skewed.

A flop of AAQ was interesting.
    I maybe should have got the bounty, but something in my silly brain advised caution, especially as it was plainly obvious he had an Ace.

He had AK, not the dreaded AQ, I chipped up nicely, a few hands later my 10s setted up when someone raised and hit their Ace, this time I got the bounty.

I was chip leader from early on to quite late in the tournament, that’s when the wheels started coming off and the good players outplayed me.

Was on the same table as Graham @StayOrGo with 9 players remaining, he suffered a horrible beat to bust when his KK was rivered by K 10.

I managed to last TIL the final table and shoved my KQ with 5 or so BB’s, think it was G smith who re shoved his J7, the J on the flop sealed my fate in fifth.

Was a pleasant experience all in all, and Dracula was fab.

Ft index

Final Tables - 17
    Wins - 6
  • Options
    Good Evening
    Back to work tomorrow, so poker may take a back seat.
    Can’t complain about my trials on the felt over the Xmas hols, had a few ft’s and managed to withdraw a few times 😊

Was nice to meet Paul @Enut on the ft of the £5 hi lo bh this evening, the “ luckbox” outlasted me , I busted in 3rd.
    Seems I have developed thirditus as I finished in that position Saturday evening in the £2 deep stack.
    Almost but not quite in the £5 , £1k gtd bh, fin 7th tonight.

Had a nice run out in this evenings £2 deep stack , was coasting on 42k chips limper on the button at 600 , 1.2k
    I have AA in bb
    I raise to 4.8k
    He flats
    9 hi flop
    I bet 5.6k, he shoves ( just covers me)
    It’s £2
    I call
    He has Q9 o/s
    Of course Q turn 😊
    Board doesn’t pair the other cards, neither does an A come.
    These £2 games are brutal lol.

Spoke to my son Alex this afternoon about him coming to Spt Brighton, he’s up for it 😊, I will be trying to win a seat by the umpteen satts, although I think I have one in reserve ? @Tikay10
    Nevertheless I shall be trying to win umpteen.

Ft index

Ft’s - 19
    Wins - 6

Goodnight all x
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,261
    Hi Tom sorry its been a while but I cant often access the forum. Just want to say I hope and pray that the New Year is a good one with health peace and love all around for you and yours.

Nice results my friend. Keep it going.

Sincerely,

Mark
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Good Evening
    Can’t complain about my trials on the felt over the Xmas hols, had a few ft’s and managed to withdraw a few times 😊

Was nice to meet Paul @Enut on the ft of the £5 hi lo bh this evening, the “ luckbox” outlasted me , I busted in 3rd.
    Seems I have developed thirditus as I finished in that position Saturday evening in the £2 deep stack.

Had a nice run out in this evenings £2 deep stack , was coasting on 42k chips limper on the button at 600 , 1.2k
    I have AA in bb
    I raise to 4.8k
    He flats
    9 hi flop
    It’s £2
    I call
    He has Q9 o/s
    Of course Q turn 😊

Spoke to my son Alex this afternoon about him coming to Spt Brighton, he’s up for it 😊, I will be trying to win a seat by the umpteen satts, although I think I have one in reserve ? @Tikay10

Ft index

Ft’s - 19
    Wins - 6

Goodnight all x

Morning Tom @tomgoodun

Off the top of my head (I can't access my spreadsheets at the moment) I don't recall it, (don't worry, I can't even recall what I had for tea last night) but if you have one in reserve, then it will be honoured, & it'd be grand to see you in Brighton.
  • Options

Hi Tom sorry its been a while but I cant often access the forum. Just want to say I hope and pray that the New Year is a good one with health peace and love all around for you and yours.

Nice results my friend. Keep it going.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark

Thank you for your kind words, means a lot to me.
    The new year has started on a positive note, it’s easy to take for granted what we have around us, I try to focus on how lucky I am ( not just on the felt 😊) sometimes when I’m feeling a bit low, and things around me are not going great, my good lady is kind enough to keep me grounded

Love is another word often used in a throwaway manner, but I am lucky enough to have a loving relationship with my nearest and dearest, of course we have our moments when we don’t see eye to eye, however those moments can be looked back on with a semblance of humour, which is a wonderful feeling.

‘Lucky’ is an easy word to attribute to a person without knowing them, but I’m definitely one of the lucky ones in life.

Look after yourself Mark, and remember this - people care, you are not alone.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

tomgoodun said:

Good Evening

I have AA in bb
    I raise to 4.8k
    He flats
    9 hi flop
    It’s £2
    I call
    He has Q9 o/s
    Of course Q turn 😊

Ft index

Ft’s - 19
    Wins - 6

Goodnight all x

Morning Tom @tomgoodun

Off the top of my head (I can't access my spreadsheets at the moment) I don't recall it, (don't worry, I can't even recall what I had for tea last night) but if you have one in reserve, then it will be honoured, & it'd be grand to see you in Brighton.
    Good Morning Mr K.

It’ll be grand to see you in Brighton also, I’m pretty sure I had 2 seats for the last one in Brighton and only used the one, also sure that things will work out just fine as far as sky honouring the seat.

Hope you are well.
    Tom x
  • Options
    The results of the stewards inquiry are in.
    I finished 6th in the mini the other night.
    6 seats on ft means that’s another to add 😉

Ft index

Ft’s - 20
    Wins - 6

Made another withdrawal
    Wife ecstatic 😊

Enjoy your day x