You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The story continues

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Good Evening

Just a short update, if anything to keep this where I can find it šŸ˜Š

Had a really good December poker - wise, January has been pretty so so.

Only made 3 ftā€™s since last update, all in hi lo.
    Won the Ā£2 hi lo bh twice, came 3rd in the Ā£5 version.

Ft index

Ftā€™s - 23
    Wins - 8

Not too bad win ratio I guess.
    Try again tomorrow evening.
    Goodnight x
  • Options
    Good Afternoon

Last night it was a case of nearly but not quite on the virtual felt.

My recent exploits in the 08 format have shown Iā€™m quite good at it, bust all 3 games I played early doors last night ( Iā€™m rubbish at that format )

The mini tends to have some ...how can I put it.....ā€ Interestingā€ play , I guess as itā€™s a rebuy on Friday, and a bounty hunter , some people see their 92 os as worth a shove behind a raise and a re-raise šŸ˜Š.

So...heavily reliant on my favourite format / tournaments of the evening, I ā€œ Concentrateā€ on the Ā£2 deep stack, and the Ā£5 Megastack. ( whilst trying to follow the plot line of Deadwater Fell)

Went quite deep in both, was good to share a table with Pat @day4eire76 late on, he played really well, much better than I did, he somehow managed to read my hand and to fold to my c bet after his raise and my re-raise on a K hi flop, I mean...I didnā€™t make it blatantly obvious Iā€™d flopped Top set there did I šŸ™„...

Managed to make the final table , was ok chip wise until I decided to raise pre with A4 cc, flopped nut flush draw and shoved, got called by the bb on a 568 flop ( I think) he had 67.
    My thought process ?
    My play ā€œ looks likeā€ an over pair trying to fold out draws, or something like that lol.
    Even if Iā€™m behind I have outs, so I was happy with my exit.
    Was good to see that Pat had made the Ft alongside @Duesenberg who played really well also, he commented Iā€™d made the ft in this tourney a few times, Yea itā€™s about time I won it šŸ˜Š

The Ā£2 deepstack meanwhile was going along ok, I made the ft there and was ā€œ going for the winā€
    My opponent didnā€™t seem to like playing post flop, which makes it difficult to put him on a range, so choosing my spots was optimum, chose the wrong spot after his min button raise to shove with A x, his Kings held...

Ft index

Final Tables - 25
    Wins - 8

Busy day ahead, lots of cleaning, washing etc etc.
    Good lady is poorly with a cold, I bought her flowers yesterday to try and cheer her up, did the trick.. itā€™s nice to see a smile on her face and to show how much we love each other.

Dear daughter is talking about saving up get their own place šŸ˜”.

Have a lovely day.
    I may play later, oh and donā€™t forget the Forum comp which @Tikay10 runs, if I can get a prize well...anyone can.

Be nice x

• Options
    Good Afternoon

Poker ā€˜Newsā€™ first.

What can I say about last nights foray on the virtual ?
    On the one hand, I played carp in every tournament I played.
    On the other hand , my famed patience paid some sort of dividend in the Ā£5 Megastack, once again I made the FT, was pleased to see @SR23 Steve on the Ft.

Patience is ok, but when you have a billy big stack raising pretty much every hand and calling 2 shoves with 56 and getting there, itā€™s difficult to build a stack.
    So, on that note I decided to widen my range 3 handed.
    Shoving on the button with 33 is ok I guess when bb is short, also hitting a 3 on the flop is most favourable.
    Unfortunately billy big stack folded, and shorter stack bb had Aces, and also hit an Ace on the flop.....
    Next hand he who was short Previously tried to get sneaky raising my bb, I had A10cc and shoved.
    Was no match for his J5.
    Out in 3rd.

My son had bought us an ā€œ Escape Roomā€ treat for Xmas, I like puzzles and stuff so really looked forward to it, today was the day.
    They are sooooooo hard.
    We came out holding a ā€œ We took part in the Escape Roomā€ prize. šŸ˜Š
    When the lady at the end tells you the route to the end result it all seems so obvious, wish sheā€™d told us all that before we went in šŸ˜‰...

Ft index

Final Tables - 26
    Wins - 8.

Have a nice day x

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,197

@tomgoodun

What is an "escape room"?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@tomgoodun

Hi @Tikay10

Itā€™s a room where a team of players have to solve puzzles to get to the end , thereā€™s locks and stuff on chests and you need the clue in the chest to get to the next part of the puzzle. ā€œ Great ā€œ Fun šŸ˜Š.

Is it today I get free entry to the mini via the forum comp?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    tomgoodun said:

Tikay10 said:

@tomgoodun

Hi @Tikay10

Itā€™s a room where a team of players have to solve puzzles to get to the end , thereā€™s locks and stuff on chests and you need the clue in the chest to get to the next part of the puzzle. ā€œ Great ā€œ Fun šŸ˜Š.

@tomgoodun

Hmm, can't say I've ever played such a thing.

And yes, your Free Entry to the Mini is all sorted & you are in the Lobby. I remembered to sort it this morning but forgot to put the Free Entry Klaxon up.

Looks an easy field so far...

Arrogant 5000
    heddoh18 5000
    loololollo 5000
    miniman88 5000
    tomgoodun 5000
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

tomgoodun said:

Tikay10 said:

@tomgoodun

Hi @Tikay10

@tomgoodun

Hmm, can't say I've ever played such a thing.

And yes, your Free Entry to the Mini is all sorted & you are in the Lobby. I remembered to sort it this morning but forgot to put the Free Entry Klaxon up.

Looks an easy field so far...

Arrogant 5000
    heddoh18 5000
    loololollo 5000
    miniman88 5000
    tomgoodun 5000
    Awesome thank you.

I hope I can remember to log in....

I made shelves for gorgeous grandson
    Today I decided to paint them - outside because Iā€™m really thoughtful like that, you know.. paint splashes on stuff. Did a fine job and went indoors to let them dry.
    Decided to watch White House Farm whilst grandson was out visiting other Nan.
    Binge watched 3 episodes, noticed it had started raining, thought nothing of it.
    Gorgeous grandson returned 5 minutes ago with his dad.
    Dad says ā€œ You know itā€™s raining outā€
    Me ā€œ Yea itā€™s a bit torrential ā€œ
    Him ā€œ Are those shelves ok you left outā€ ?
    Aghhhhhhhhhhh

Rush outside
    Try to wrap them up in puppy pads
    Donā€™t fit
    More pads
    Rush indoors
    Drop them on carpet
    Rain makes paint a bit wetter
    Carpet now got paint on...
    Holy
    S.,.t

Iā€™m an idiot.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Unlucky in that O8BH hand earlier, Tom.
    At least I put it to good use. :)

dragon1964 144000 1 Ā£44.40 + Ā£26.72 Head Prizes
  • Options

Unlucky in that O8BH hand earlier, Tom.
    At least I put it to good use. :)

dragon1964 144000 1 Ā£44.40 + Ā£26.72 Head Prizes

šŸ˜Š Nice one, glad you put them to good use., do you find these type of tournaments are getting tougher to put people on ranges? I must admit to being quite surprised at some players starting hands after pot raising in the mid stages.

Played my usual last night, apologies to those I usually say hi to, I wasnā€™t in a great space due to home stuff.
    Anyway, after getting tired of trying to play optimal and getting bet off pots on the FT of the Ā£5 08 bh, I changed tactics and bet pot when I actually had a hand , paid dividends as I took it down .

Ft Index

Final Tables - 27
    Wins - 9

Todayā€™s the day we leave the EU
    Apparently things are going to get better
    I look forward to tomorrow then...

Have a good day x
  • Options

9 wins & 27 FT's - that's exceptional Tom.

Hope that the "home stuff" sorted itself out.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Decided to watch White House Farm whilst grandson was out visiting other Nan.
    Binge watched 3 episodes, noticed it had started raining, thought nothing of it.

Hope this helps.

https://skinnyartist.com/5-strategies-artists-can-use-to-overcome-procrastination/
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Hi Tom

Glad you won O8BH
    You were steam rollering our table (including me) last night.

We'll call it all square over the two nights, then. :)

As for ranges, some people just want to see the flop and start the hand from there.
    I play along sometimes, if it's cheap enough.

You seem to be doing ok against them all, though.

Best wishes on the family front.
  • Options
    Evening all
    Brief update
    Just finished my poker for the night
    Final tabled the mega stack , played a poor final hand., thoughts on calling blind on blind with AQ when short stack has 4bb? 5 players and Iā€™ve roughly 10bb ( Iā€™ve forgotten already)
    22 held
    Itā€™s late and Iā€™m tired, Iā€™ll ponder it tomorrow.

Ft index
    Final tables - 28
    Wins - 9

Goodnight x
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Well played Tom, you seem to be ft'ing the Megastack virtually everytime you play it.

Do you have ICMizer? It's great for spots like these. You get one free calc a day and can be a real eye opener.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Well played Tom, you seem to be ft'ing the Megastack virtually everytime you play it.

Do you have ICMizer? It's great for spots like these. You get one free calc a day and can be a real eye opener.

Hi Ryan

I donā€™t have one of those, maybe I should look into it.
    The thing is though, playing for fun means I donā€™t get too embroiled in the ā€œ Rights and Wrongsā€ of certain spots, I feel that would lead me down the road of getting ( more) frustration on play of me and others, itā€™s kind of you to point me in this direction though., oh and well done on your recent results , youā€™re getting just reward for all the work you put in .

I played 2 games yesterday afternoon and made the FT of one, had to shove on button when 3 handed with Ax , BB called with KQ, standard busto.
    As stupid as I am I managed to make another withdrawal at the weekend, hopefully that doesnā€™t put me in the ā€œ Good Playerā€ genre.

Ft index
    Final Tables - 29
    Wins - 9

Have a good day x
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

waller02 said:

Hi Ryan

The thing is though, playing for fun means I donā€™t get too embroiled in the ā€œ Rights and Wrongsā€ of certain spots, I feel that would lead me down the road of getting ( more) frustration on play of me and others, itā€™s kind of you to point me in this direction though., oh and well done on your recent results , youā€™re getting just reward for all the work you put in .

I played 2 games yesterday afternoon and made the FT of one, had to shove on button when 3 handed with Ax , BB called with KQ, standard busto.
    As stupid as I am I managed to make another withdrawal at the weekend, hopefully that doesnā€™t put me in the ā€œ Good Playerā€ genre.

Ft index
    Final Tables - 29
    Wins - 9

Have a good day x

That's the 2nd time in 24 hours you have been so described, Tom.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited February 2020
    tomgoodun said:

waller02 said:

Hi Ryan

Ft index
    Final Tables - 29
    Wins - 9

Have a good day x
    Thanks Tom.

Tbh your FT conversion rate is very good so you're clearly ICM aware anyway. Not bad for somebody so stupid.
  • Options
    Good Evening
    Just finished my poker for the night. Started late due to grandson time šŸ˜Š
    Didnā€™t get anything going in the mini, or the Ā£2 deepstack, did ok in the Omaha hi Loā€™
    Ft the Ā£3 one, finished 6th , 5 paid šŸ™„
    Final tabled the Ā£2 bh one, got heads up, chip leader, oppo decided to call my button raise with a ā€œ questionable ā€œ holding, I flopped good , he flopped better. No return from there, fin 2nd.

FT index

Final Tables - 31
    Wins 9

Goodnight x
  • Options
    Good Morning
    Poker - fin 2nd in the Ā£5 08 bh in the week.
    Ft index
    Final Tables - 32
    Wins - 9

Life
    Things are tough at present, dear daughter is struggling, her mental health has taken a turn for the worse and the crises team are trying to find her a bed in hospital.
    I took Wednesday and Thursday off work to be with her and hopefully help her through the day, itā€™s so heartbreaking to see your loved ones struggling with stuff you feel you arenā€™t qualified to help with, itā€™s easy for us to say ā€œ Donā€™t worry love, you are safe here and we will be here for youā€ but the fact of the matter is she has to learn to cope herself, and to trust in those around her.

Iā€™m not a fan of the ā€œ team ā€œ of professionals which allegedly help her, it seems to me every time they get too involved their answer is to put her in hospital and pump her with drugs ( Iā€™m no expert and donā€™t know the alternative, which makes me feel like Iā€™m failing my daughter)

Our gorgeous grandson is coming up to 3 in April, itā€™s really upsetting to see him playing on the floor whilst his mum is in tears , I try to help by keeping him occupied , itā€™s so tiring mentally and physically.

Hopefully my dear daughter will get the help she needs and come out the other side.

I may play a bit on the felt , I may not.

Hope everyone is well.
    Tc x
  • Options

Very sorry to hear your Daughter is unwell again Tom, she was doing so well.

She recovered last time, perhaps thanks to the help from you & your family, & I hope very much she is soon back in good shape.

xx