You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The story continues

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    That's awful news @pomfrittes my thoughts are with you and your family Bill.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,284
    Hi Tom

Well I hadn't found this thread until today and what was a boring Saturday afternoon has now all got a bit serious.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, she's in the best place and hopefully they will sort her out quickly and she'll soon be on the mend.

Your history is just that, history, you are in a far better place now than you were then and you are what you have become, not what you were. You are obviously a top bloke and loved and needed by your family, keep strong for them and they will keep you strong.

If you ever need someone to chat to in person drop me a message, I'm only just along the road and am in your neck of the woods quite a bit with work. I'm a pretty good listener and only charge one cup of tea per session.

Keep your chin up mate.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,284

Keep your chin up m8,, get a bowl of lobby darn n tha’ll be reet.
    But seriously just keep doing what you are doing and I am sure everything will be ok with you and yours.
    Wish I could say the same here m8 but unfortunately my missus is on borrowed time.

So sorry to hear this Pom.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Good Morning
    Three years ago I lost my job, I wasn’t in a great space but received lots of love and good advice, I was one of the lucky ones and got a job in the trade I have been in for over 30 years .
    Some particular ‘ Words of wisdom ‘ comes to mind ( From Mr.K, who else)
    “ Everything happens for a reason “

Yesterday I found out my ex employer has gone into administration
    Feel for the blokes , especially this time of year.

I’m doing ok on the poker front, won a few tournaments and final tabled a few.
    Withdrew some money at the weekend just gone, went shopping at Ashford for Xmas presents.
    I’m blessed.

Take care x
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196

Hi Tom,

Indeed, everything happens for a reason.

It all looked really bad at the time, but it worked out OK in the end.

What are your family plans for Xmas? Big meal at your place?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Hi Tom,

Indeed, everything happens for a reason.

It all looked really bad at the time, but it worked out OK in the end.

What are your family plans for Xmas? Big meal at your place?

Hi Mr K.
    Family plans for Xmas are as you described 😊, really looking forward to the day especially as gorgeous grandson is old enough at 2 and a half to enjoy the fuss ., we will have all the immediate family plus sister and brother in law with their 2 ( adult) children.

Ft index starting again

Played my normal tournaments last night, ran fairly deep in the deep stack, and in the mini . 17 or so left in mini and I min raise to 2.4k with AK , button 3 bets me to 7k ish ( he has a bigger stack than my 30 odd K)
    I shove thinking the chances of him having Aces or Kings is minimal and I’m happy to flip with QQ - at this stage , plus he’s on button and may be being a bit cheeky.
    He calls with AA 😊
    I don’t get broadway or a flush ... busto.

Did better in the £5 PL08 bh
    Final table , very tricky opponents in Cool um and Claudecat plus Scousemick in the last 4
    Managed to win that .

Ft index
    Wins

Have a good weekend x
  • Options
    Evening all.
    Played a few tournaments tonight, was good to lock horns with a proper player in the mega stack which I just bust outside the money in about 24th, @Jac35 still going strong, hope he does well.

Finished just shy of the ft in the £2 deep stack - 7th
    Was going well in the mini until I got KK on the button facing a raise from the cut off, I re raise they flat.
    Thoughts on my play? Theirs ?
    Flop QQx they lead full pot, I flat
    Turn they check the J I shove ( have them covered) they call with....AK
    River A kinda sucked.

My thinking, they wouldn’t lead out if they have a Q, they don’t have AA as they would shove pre
    Hey ho.

Did ok in the £2 Omaha Hi Lo, finished 2nd.

Ft index

Final tables 2
    Wins 1

Looking forward to this weekend, it’s my gorgeous grandsons nursery Xmas play on Sunday 😊
    Shopping in the morning
    Dear daughter is in a good space at present, my dear wife is looking good, and organising Xmas she is in her element ❤️

Hope all are well. X
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    tomgoodun said:

Evening all.
    Played a few tournaments tonight, was good to lock horns with a proper player in the mega stack which I just bust outside the money in about 24th, @Jac35 still going strong, hope he does well.

Finished just shy of the ft in the £2 deep stack - 7th
    Was going well in the mini until I got KK on the button facing a raise from the cut off, I re raise they flat.
    Thoughts on my play? Theirs ?
    Flop QQx they lead full pot, I flat
    Turn they check the J I shove ( have them covered) they call with....AK
    River A kinda sucked.

My thinking, they wouldn’t lead out if they have a Q, they don’t have AA as they would shove pre
    Hey ho.

Did ok in the £2 Omaha Hi Lo, finished 2nd.

Ft index

Final tables 2
    Wins 1

Looking forward to this weekend, it’s my gorgeous grandsons nursery Xmas play on Sunday 😊
    Shopping in the morning
    Dear daughter is in a good space at present, my dear wife is looking good, and organising Xmas she is in her element ❤️

Hope all are well. X

Thanks Tom :)
    Came 3rd

Good to hear Chloe and Sarah are doing wel
  • Options
    Good Morning
    Just a brief update
    Played my normal tournaments on Saturday, couldn’t get anything going apart from the mega stack
    Similar to the other night on Paul’s table I felt hopelessly outclassed being on the same table as Clare ( @RogueCell ) for most of the evening.
    Managed to ladder to the final table , where she eventually bust me in 5th.

Ft index
    Final tables - 3
    Wins - 1

Have a good day all x
  • Options
    Good Morning
    Played the usual last night
    Was nice to share tables with Charlie ( @mumsie ) in the deepstack, he doubled up early doors when someone called his shove ( on the flop?) when he’d flopped a flush , there’s some strange plays about these days 😊

I managed to get a bounty early in the mini when I’d raised pre with KK and an opponent re raised my c bet on a K hi flop 😊
    Not so great soon after when I’d raised with Aces pre and got re raised by Kings, all in pre, K hi flop again .. doh.
    Managed to Ft the £1 Omaha hi lo. Finished 3rd.

Ft index
    Final tables - 4
    Wins - 1

Must improve ratio.

Have a splendid day x
  • Options

Loving the "Good morning" stuff Tom. It somehow sets the post up nicely, & makes readers feel more welcome.

1 win in 4 FT's? Nothing wrong with that. Do that all year & you'll be minted.

x
  • Options
    Good Afternoon

Since my last update I have managed to FT 2 tournaments, one in the £1 hi lo, the other in the £5 Megastack last night.

I can’t recall my placing in the Hi Lo, I finished 2nd in the Megastack, but there’s more to that than simply finishing second, I feel I didn’t play well at all, I was 7/8 approaching the final table and my usual “fairly aggressive “ game went by the wayside, there were a few reasons for this I feel, firstly most of the other players were playing a more tactical game than I, my stack wasn’t one I could raise fold with ( having said that I did do that a couple of times, so you can understand my angst)
    I have a sneaky feeling that notes on me mean my play can be exploited, so henceforth I shall be making a few tweaks.

Heads up I was useless, only winning hands I was ahead pre flop in ( sounds daft, but I know people can get what I mean)

I don’t mean to sound disappointed, I’m happy with the overall return to my “investment “, I feel with a few tweaks here and there I can get a bit better in turning the FT’s to wins.

Another issue I have, is that I play 4-6 tournaments on the evenings I play on my laptop, and my way of tiling tables is that I don’t tile them 😊
    So.... when facing a shove on one table I manage to call a shove on a different table with the mighty 57 v JJ ..
    I also play whilst chatting and having half an eye on any tv programmes I find worth a watch, realistically this is what the true poker player would call “ A little bit daft”
    I know that , however I am not a real poker player, I play for fun , and have done for quite a while.

All that said, I managed to make a bit of a withdrawal last night, it’s in our bank account this morning ( good old Sky) which will go some way to paying for the family get together Chinese meal we are having this evening ( other food emporiums are available)

Dear daughter has contracted the Norovirus, she’s battling through it using anti sickness patches, as she doesn’t want to spend Xmas in hospital.

I have a week left at work, then 2 weeks off, I’m looking forward to having an awesome time over the Xmas festivities especially as things are going to get much better next year, as Boris promised 😊.

FT index
    FT’s - 6
    Wins - 1

Have a great weekend all. X
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Cheers Tom for the mention.

Get well soon dear daughter.

Plug a 2nd monitor into your laptop, its still "playing for fun" , its a final table tweak.

And yes, we've all got notes on you that can be tweaked to counter your tweaks.

• Options

Get well soon Dearest Daughter.
  • Options
    Good Morning

My new ‘strategy’ went well last night, I was out of most of my regular tournaments early, this gave me the opportunity to view a programme I had taped which I was looking forward to - an old “ Royle Family” Xmas special, so so funny, it was the one when Denise invited family over for Xmas meal ( Oblongs or Triangles Dad ? 😂)

I couldn’t give it the concentration level it deserved without having a game of poker in the background, so I fired up a £11 bh, it was nice to share a table with Paul @Jac35 again.
    Somehow stumbled on the FT which included Scotty77 and Loolololololloo.

Must watch more re-runs of Denise, Jim and co as I managed to take it down.

Ft index

Final tables - 7
    Wins - 2

Penultimate day at work today.

Enjoy your day all. X
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Very well done Tom
  • Options

He's a final table machine.

• Options