You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Operation Unicorn - the diary of PKRPar to win a main event

PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,235

Happy New Year all,

I've toy'd with the idea of keeping a forum diary before and never quite went for it, mainly because I play for fun and while I have the dream of proper bankroll management, the thought of just playing £5.50 bounty hunters or less for a prolonged period of time does not enthuse me (< Is there a way to change that?)

Anyway I've played on Sky for a number of years now and although i've come close (3rd my best I think), i've never won a main event despite playing 1 or 2 a week. This is something i'd love to do and with each entry comes the hope of achieving that. I've decided to start this diary style thread to monitor my main performance and will try and update it after each attempt. Interesting things I'd like to record; entry fees, bounty's taken, cashes and best finish to date. < is there anything else you think I should keep track off?

I'll start tonight having sat'd into the main via a frenzy.

Oh, and why operation unicorn? Mainly because, sadly, unicorns don't exist....

Say hi and donate your chips to the operation if you're on my table!

Comments

• Options
    Friday 3 January Avenger re-buy Main Event

Out in 65th, couldn't really get anything going, A9 < AA knockout hand. Really bad re-shove from me here, shouldv'e just let the A9 go, but they were suited and i was around 15bb.

buyins = £47.40
    cashes = £0
    bounties obtained = £15
    best finish to date = 65th - 3 January 2020

Total spent in operation unicorn = -£32.40
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 868
    Gl mate - I set a goal at the very start of 2019 to win a main - it might have even been to FT a main - as my results in them had been so so poor before that. A week later I'd luckboxed the gold rush win, still my best score to date.

You're easily good enough to win one so this should be a fun sweat
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,352
    Allan23 said:

Gl mate - I set a goal at the very start of 2019 to win a main - it might have even been to FT a main - as my results in them had been so so poor before that. A week later I'd luckboxed the gold rush win, still my best score to date.

You're easily good enough to win one so this should be a fun sweat

Gl with this! I won my first one last June (6k bh) and it does make difference to your game; 1) sponsorship, 2) free shirts and more importantly 3) @Tikay10 no longer deriding your game....oh sorry scratch the last 3 benefits

My challenge this year is to recoup my investment to sky poker over the last 4 years....it will require me to win on the of the big ones( 10/12k bh event should just about do it!)

GL

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Glgl! Will follow
  • Options
    To add a little fun to the thread, and a sweat for the readers, I'm going to chuck in a £50 freeroll for anyone who correctly guesses the amount of attempts it will take me to win a main event.

Each player can have three guesses, so simply add your guesses to this thread and if it's correct, you get a £50 freeroll.

Attempt 2 starting tonight.
  • Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    edited January 2020
    I won my first main exactly one year ago in the sharpshooter before it became a horrible turbo.

I'm going to go with tonight, attempt 2.

very best of luck mate.

*edit

Guess two - 13

Guess three - 50
  • Options
    very kind with attempt 2 lol :)

Im still in, 12 minutes into the event, so you and me are on track :)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Glgl.

Attempt 3
    Attempt 19
    Attempt 29
  • Options
    Attempt 12, 13 and 14

soon, just not tonight...it's mine ! ;)>:)

• Options
    madprof said:

Attempt 12, 13 and 14

soon, just not tonight...it's mine ! ;)>:)

ok,ok....GL tonight...I'll have a look tomorrow to see!
  • Options
    its not looking good, down to 7bb
  • Options
    Attempt number 2

Managed to improve on last nights best finish effort however only just, and actually lost more money than last night, so not a good main event. 2 bullets tonight and a sat attempt. Lost a couple of important flips, but equally my QQ cracked AA to give me a semi decent stack and keep me in the tourny at that time.

Spent some time at the table with @madprof which was good fun though :)

Keep those attempt numbers coming, I'll add them to a spreadsheet shortly. Free £50 up for grabs so no reason not too, other that it took take ages lol.

The stats

buyins = £117.60
    cashes = £0
    bounties obtained = £26.25
    best finish to date = 63rd - 4 January 2020

Total spent in operation unicorn = -£91.65
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

Attempt number 2

Managed to improve on last nights best finish effort however only just, and actually lost more money than last night, so not a good main event. 2 bullets tonight and a sat attempt. Lost a couple of important flips, but equally my QQ cracked AA to give me a semi decent stack and keep me in the tourny at that time.

Spent some time at the table with @madprof which was good fun though :)

Keep those attempt numbers coming, I'll add them to a spreadsheet shortly. Free £50 up for grabs so no reason not too, other that it took take ages lol.

The stats

buyins = £117.60
    cashes = £0
    bounties obtained = £26.25
    best finish to date = 63rd - 4 January 2020

Total spent in operation unicorn = -£91.65

Agree, good fun to play with you tonight....I know we all want to win ££ but its nice to have a bit of banter/chat on the tables...so just another 10 or 12 practice tourneys before you craft a win! :p
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    Good luck @PKRPar hope you win it soon.
    1) 6
    2) 66
    3) 666
    Hope i'am wrong with guess 3 or it could be a long diary :D
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 529
    I Wish you all the best on your quest to win a main despite you being a Par :D

I'll guess 41, 42 or 43 attempts

GL
  • Options
    DustoLuckoDustoLucko Member Posts: 34
    GL
    4, 5, 7
  • Options
    DustoLuckoDustoLucko Member Posts: 34
    I believe

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Best of luck with this!