You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Operation Unicorn - the diary of PKRPar to win a main event

Comments

• Options
    BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    PKRPar said:

The Stats

Attempt 5 included a sat attempt and 2 bullets. 1 min bounty in return.

buyins = £258
    cashes = £0
    bounties obtained = £37.50
    best finish to date = 63rd - Attempt 2 4 January 2020

Total spent in operation unicorn = -£220.50

Actually looking at those figures is a little eye opening, and I may take it back a bit and only play if I can sat in.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm counting the sat money as buyins, but not as attempts. Attempts will only count/start for the event itself.

Its Hard aint it -£2200 after 50 attempts, need to win about 1 in 30 to break even, Give up :) pay me, invest in a good holiday instead B) , perhaps the mini would of been a much better option thinking of the potential cost, gl all the same.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Think the call is probably fair enough if you can rule out sets going so hard on the flop. Just have to find the running spades or the A or K, or even better a 5 on the river. Given the bounty in play and the 40bb you have him covered by, I don’t mind a punt here. Winning chunks of chips (and a bounty) has future implied value too which cannot be ignored in a BH.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    I think my main problem here was i didn't even think, just auto snapped it off.

Sigh, anyway onto the next one.... @Blackpuma
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    tbf..top pair top kicker, think I'd do the same...but that's why I've not won much either!

glgl...be patient...wait till weeks...12,13,14?? >:);)
  • Options
    So took my own advice and managed to sat in for tonight's main event, so attempt number 5 underway. Good luck again to @DustoLucko and, well, erm, me!

Feels a lot less pressure when you sat in for £7.20, opposed to buying direct for £33.

Lets see if I can get past the first break this time. See you lurking at my table @Blackpuma
  • Options

Updated table
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Good luck @PKRPar . Final table today then win it on attempt 6 ;)
  • Options
    safc71 said:

Good luck @PKRPar . Final table today then win it on attempt 6 ;)

I'd take that lol. 2 1/2 hours in, still in. No bounties though yet :(
  • Options
    Attempt 5

Break update:

3 hours in and picked up my first bounty. £16.88 in the pocket so far, £7.20 spent in buy ins so for the first time since operation unicorn started, im playing profit tonight.

29 left, 18 paid
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Watched some of this while playing PLO8 keep it going PKRPar that three way all in jj qq kk was wicked. Hitting the queen to go chip leader excellent. Bedtime gl gl gl.
  • Options
    Attempt 5

Break Update

4 hours in and just nearly busted with QQ v JJ v KK all in preflop with 17 remaining. Binked a Q on the turn.

4 bounties so far - £78.46

13 remain.... :smiley:
  • Options
    safc71 said:

Watched some of this while playing PLO8 keep it going PKRPar that three way all in jj qq kk was wicked. Hitting the queen to go chip leader excellent. Bedtime gl gl gl.

Thank you, support of forum has been second to none :) The comments in the chat box help keep the concentration, 4 hours in.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Great run! GL keep going
  • Options
    FINAL TABLE TIME
  • Options
    5 left
  • Options
    4 left
  • Options
    3 left
  • Options
    Attempt 5

Break Update

Heads up. No more posts from me until tomorrow at some point.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    Heads up, even chip stacks and even players...its gonna come down to one big flip imo
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    2:1 chip lead, but still all to play for...