You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Operation Unicorn - the diary of PKRPar to win a main event

Comments

• Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,235
    Next attempt likely to be on Sunday as busy week this week. The more entry's the better.

Sometime this year would be good, or even to get into some sort of profit whilst carrying out the "operation".

:)
  • Options
    Attempt 3 starts tonight.

@waller02 will hopefully be sweating any near wins tonight :)

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,521
    PKRPar said:

Very professional.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

PKRPar said:

Very professional.
    Need to be good at something. :|
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    OK.
    I hate to see blank space in a table.
    21, 32, 44.

Very best of luck with this (on your 21st attempt obviously).
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,005

GL tonight.
  • Options
    Busto, :(

Will do a proper write up tomorrow. Sorry @waller02 :/
  • Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 609
    Good luck with this.
    I'll go 30, 34 & 38
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    Best of luck.
    I'll fill some gaps with 27, 35 and the pessimistic 110 please.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,352
    mumsie said:

PKRPar said:

Very professional.
    Blackpuma's gonna wait a long time for his/her payout if their guess 3 is correct?

GL tonight
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,352
    PKRPar said:

Happy New Year all,

I've toy'd with the idea of keeping a forum diary before and never quite went for it, mainly because I play for fun and while I have the dream of proper bankroll management, the thought of just playing £5.50 bounty hunters or less for a prolonged period of time does not enthuse me (< Is there a way to change that?)

Anyway I've played on Sky for a number of years now and although i've come close (3rd my best I think), i've never won a main event despite playing 1 or 2 a week. This is something i'd love to do and with each entry comes the hope of achieving that. I've decided to start this diary style thread to monitor my main performance and will try and update it after each attempt. Interesting things I'd like to record; entry fees, bounty's taken, cashes and best finish to date. < is there anything else you think I should keep track off?

I'll start tonight having sat'd into the main via a frenzy.

Oh, and why operation unicorn? Mainly because, sadly, unicorns don't exist....

Say hi and donate your chips to the operation if you're on my table!

Just a thought/clarification? @PKRPar What constitutes a main event??
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    madprof said:

mumsie said:

PKRPar said:

Very professional.
    Blackpuma's gonna wait a long time for his/her payout if their guess 3 is correct?

GL tonight
    Surely the only way their guess 3 wins is if OP dies, gets banned from Sky, gives up poker (and declares he will never win a ME), or the ME event ceases to exist. Looks like an outside bet to me at best.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,828
    Just stumbled across this, if it’s ok to still guess I will go for 52, 62 and 99 please.
    Very best of luck, there is nothing quite like the joy of seeing the screen say
    You came 1st next to the picture of the little trophy.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,521
    Would you just look at professional lurkers, pouncing when the first 2 picks fall flat. I wish I had the discipline.
  • Options
    madprof said:

PKRPar said:

Happy New Year all,

I've toy'd with the idea of keeping a forum diary before and never quite went for it, mainly because I play for fun and while I have the dream of proper bankroll management, the thought of just playing £5.50 bounty hunters or less for a prolonged period of time does not enthuse me (< Is there a way to change that?)

Anyway I've played on Sky for a number of years now and although i've come close (3rd my best I think), i've never won a main event despite playing 1 or 2 a week. This is something i'd love to do and with each entry comes the hope of achieving that. I've decided to start this diary style thread to monitor my main performance and will try and update it after each attempt. Interesting things I'd like to record; entry fees, bounty's taken, cashes and best finish to date. < is there anything else you think I should keep track off?

I'll start tonight having sat'd into the main via a frenzy.

Oh, and why operation unicorn? Mainly because, sadly, unicorns don't exist....

Say hi and donate your chips to the operation if you're on my table!

Just a thought/clarification? @PKRPar What constitutes a main event??
    Usually the 8pm £33 buy in main event, unless during UKOPS or if I was lucky enough top sat into a £110 number. The main event on a Sunday if I can get the time to play will be the £33 7.30pm job.

I'll try to always post when an "attempt" is being made before I start the tourney. Didn't get on the laptop till now so didn't get the chance to play today's £33 main event.
  • Options
    Enut said:

madprof said:

mumsie said:

PKRPar said:

Very professional.

GL tonight
    Surely the only way their guess 3 wins is if OP dies, gets banned from Sky, gives up poker (and declares he will never win a ME), or the ME event ceases to exist. Looks like an outside bet to me at best.
    For the first one to count i'd firstly need to put it in my will and secondly, get a will.

Hopefully Sky continues for ages and ages but I suppose for clarity, should Sky Poker ever cease to exist, the whole operation comes to a close at no financial loss to myself lol.

Fingers crossed I scoop one before that potential sad day ever comes.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

Just stumbled across this, if it’s ok to still guess I will go for 52, 62 and 99 please.
    Very best of luck, there is nothing quite like the joy of seeing the screen say
    You came 1st next to the picture of the little trophy.

Of course, more the merrier. Will add you to the spreadsheet and post an update photo shortly.

Thanks

:)
  • Options
    Attempt 3

Attempt 3 did not go well, having reg'd pre-tourney I lasted until after the late reg had closed, but only just. Nothing really got going and I think I'm going to have to start studying a little and possibly playing with less distractions. I usually have Twitch open and whilst that is a great tool, it usually ends up distracting me.

I find the 7 minute blind sharpshooter format an expensive one, as you're about to find out....

2 bullets used for this event and a sat attempt at £7.20 totalling £70.20 in buy ins, with a total return of zero bounties and zero cashes meaning a loss of £70.20.

The exit hand was a little annoying. Very wild player at the table, who just doubled up @MattBates and with 9BB behind I called his/her shove with A7 knowing he was likely rage shoving. Possible bounty and he/she turned K10. Flop was K10X and night night for me. Is this the right call by me? Surely with those stacks and his/her aggression it is?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    PICKLE33Small blind500.00500.0025135.00
    PKRParBig blind1000.001500.009720.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    XAll-in9505.0011005.000.00
    luto2512Fold
    gez_bearFold
    MattBatesFold
    PICKLE33Fold
    PKRParAll-in9720.0020725.000.00
    PKRParUnmatched bet1215.0019510.001215.00
    PKRParShow
    • A
    XShow
    • K
    Flop
    • K
    Turn
    River
    XWinTwo Pairs, Kings and 10s19510.0019510.00

The stats

buyins = £187.80
    cashes = £0
    bounties obtained = £26.25
    best finish to date = 63rd - Attempt 2 4 January 2020

Total spent in operation unicorn = -£161.55
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 868
    With the read on him rage shoving and covering for a bounty it seems a decent spot. He has K10 here which is defo fairly wide so good read by you - you've got a chance at a bounty and you've got it in ahead, which is a massive win. Ul
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,707
    Showing up with KT from UTG means your read was spot on, it’s always a bit dirty calling off your life with A7o as you know you’re always gonna be screaming HOLD and it’s going to run close. But with the bounty on offer and the chance to get back to a more playable stack I think it’s an ok spot to take, just got to hold better! GL in the next one.