You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's coming

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,362
    Essexphil said:

This thread is getting a little hysterical. Various people are to blame, including me.

So-let's try a little balance.

@chilling IF you want to delete your posts, provided it is within 1 month, it is easy.
    Hover over the top right of 1 of your posts-you will see "options" then an edit button. click on it, delete post, save and the post has gone. However, regardless of the fact that i personally disagree with some of them, many make valid points, which a lot of people agree with. And I loved the pilot one.

Boris Johnson. It is easy to point out bits he is getting wrong. Boris is like that. Not capable of hiding his faults. Doesn't necessarily make him worse than, say, Tony Blair, who was brilliant at hiding his.

Boris may be Marmite, but it is important to point out the many good things he has done. The 80% pay is a masterstroke-anyone think the current Labour leadership could have acted so decisively? The rules for the self-employed seem as fair as possible (there will ALWAYS be people hard done by there), and the speed was commendable, other than the actual pay.

And Boris is very good at "talking the talk". A lot like Churchill. Massive character flaws, questionable ideals, etc. but probably better suited to being our PM in 2020 than 2019.

I have just read, Boris has got it.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,125
    Essexphil said:

This thread is getting a little hysterical. Various people are to blame, including me.

@chilling IF you want to delete your posts, provided it is within 1 month, it is easy.
    Hover over the top right of 1 of your posts-you will see "options" then an edit button. click on it, delete post, save and the post has gone. However, regardless of the fact that i personally disagree with some of them, many make valid points, which a lot of people agree with. And I loved the pilot one.

Boris Johnson. It is easy to point out bits he is getting wrong. Boris is like that. Not capable of hiding his faults. Doesn't necessarily make him worse than, say, Tony Blair, who was brilliant at hiding his.

Boris may be Marmite, but it is important to point out the many good things he has done. The 80% pay is a masterstroke-anyone think the current Labour leadership could have acted so decisively? The rules for the self-employed seem as fair as possible (there will ALWAYS be people hard done by there), and the speed was commendable, other than the actual pay.

And Boris is very good at "talking the talk". A lot like Churchill. Massive character flaws, questionable ideals, etc. but probably better suited to being our PM in 2020 than 2019.

This is what I think.

If I see a post on a thread that I am interested in, and wish to respond to, I will respond to the content of the post, rather than commenting about the person making the post.

So if I say that I think that Matt Hancock is trying to reassure the country, by deliberately lying about the number of ventilators available, and that in my view he should be fired for either not being aware of the number of available ventilators, or for lying.

He is guilty of this, and that is a fact.

You cannot defend Matt Hancock, by just calling me negative.

Nor can you defend Boris for misleading the country when he assures us that we will be resuming normal life in 12 weeks time, by saying that I have negative views.

The way to defend those concerned, would be by saying there are 12,000 ventilators available, and Matt Hancock was correct, and this is the evidence backing the Boris claim that it will be over and done with in 12 weeks, and not by slagging off the person posting a view that you don't agree with.

The debate has to be one sided if the other side refuses point blank to answer any questions.

I believe that much of the criticism surrounding The Governments dithering is warranted.

I also get annoyed when contributors to the forum with no authority, think that they can tell others how and what they should be posting.

I must have missed the pilot one.

You have described Boris as a Marmite character, and I would agree.
    Logic dictates, therefore on any forum there will be opposing views.
    I base any criticism of him on facts.
    I would therefore appreciate those defending him, based their defence on facts, and refrained from attacking the person that takes an opposing view.

It is surely up to his fans to point out the many good things that you say he has done.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

It took Rishie Sunak 8 days to think of a plan for the self employed, that was the same as the plan that he announced for the employed.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    tomgoodun said:

I try to be a good friend, especially to family, part of the ā€˜being a good friendā€™ in my eyes is to tell someone that they are being a selfish d..k., hopefully they can feel comfortable saying the same to me, my wife and children seem to be VERY good friends with me šŸ˜Š.
    One of my relatives had their wedding anniversary at the weekend, they originally were going abroad, but of course in the current climate that was cancelled by the tour operators.

Their solution was to go on a road trip to Cornwall.
    Admittedly, rather than just coming out and saying ā€œ Wtf are you doingā€? I tried the sarcasm route, I messaged ā€œ Howā€™s the non essential travel goingā€? ( On their FB post)
    They seemed to be rather blasĆ©, replying ā€œ Itā€™s absolutely essentialā€
    I sighed, I was told by my good lady ā€œ Tom , donā€™t get involved, you know what they are like, they wonā€™t listenā€.
    Next day, they posted a pic of them in a pub
    I sighed some more.
    Next day they posted they were doing a ā€œ Leisurely stroll in the Brecon Beacons on the way homeā€
    They were getting the desired ā€œ Likesā€ and ā€œ Lovesā€
    I must admit, I had enough of sighing.
    I was THE ONLY person who posted a negative comment.

I am now blocked from their ā€œ Friendsā€ list
    If you are a true friend to someone, tell them when they are being a d...k..

Ever get the thought ā€œ Are you sh..ting meā€?
    I have been made aware the female in the above scenario works in a care home.
    Her latest post on Facebook?
    I quote
    ā€œ Thanks for the applause, I really appreciate it,Us frontline workers will carry on looking after your loved onesā€

Why are people so fake?
    Why is it just me in their circle of ā€œ Friendsā€ pointing out the hypocrisy?
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

I try to be a good friend, especially to family, part of the ā€˜being a good friendā€™ in my eyes is to tell someone that they are being a selfish d..k., hopefully they can feel comfortable saying the same to me, my wife and children seem to be VERY good friends with me šŸ˜Š.
    One of my relatives had their wedding anniversary at the weekend, they originally were going abroad, but of course in the current climate that was cancelled by the tour operators.

Their solution was to go on a road trip to Cornwall.
    Admittedly, rather than just coming out and saying ā€œ Wtf are you doingā€? I tried the sarcasm route, I messaged ā€œ Howā€™s the non essential travel goingā€? ( On their FB post)
    They seemed to be rather blasĆ©, replying ā€œ Itā€™s absolutely essentialā€
    I sighed, I was told by my good lady ā€œ Tom , donā€™t get involved, you know what they are like, they wonā€™t listenā€.
    Next day, they posted a pic of them in a pub
    I sighed some more.
    Next day they posted they were doing a ā€œ Leisurely stroll in the Brecon Beacons on the way homeā€
    They were getting the desired ā€œ Likesā€ and ā€œ Lovesā€
    I must admit, I had enough of sighing.
    I was THE ONLY person who posted a negative comment.

I am now blocked from their ā€œ Friendsā€ list
    If you are a true friend to someone, tell them when they are being a d...k..

Ever get the thought ā€œ Are you sh..ting meā€?
    I have been made aware the female in the above scenario works in a care home.
    Her latest post on Facebook?
    I quote
    ā€œ Thanks for the applause, I really appreciate it,Us frontline workers will carry on looking after your loved onesā€

Why are people so fake?
    Why is it just me in their circle of ā€œ Friendsā€ pointing out the hypocrisy?
    That sums up most people on Facebook,they're only there to satisfy their attention seeking needs.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
  • Options
    A bit too early in the day.
  • Options
    Half hour later.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    All Iā€™m getting on edit is copy, look up, share....
    And cancel or saved.
    Iā€™m on an iPad.
  • Options
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,362
    chilling said:

And cancel or saved.
    Iā€™m on an iPad.

chilling said:

And cancel or saved.
    Iā€™m on an iPad.

Phil meants, you can deletet them
    chilling said:

Yea, its just a mistake, times are difficult enough.
  • Options
    Deja Vu.

• Options
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    California was in ā€˜lockdownā€™ almost 2 weeks ago...my daughter lives in SanFran and her school closed almost 3 weeks ago...whilst there wasnā€™t an official lockdown as now, people were compliant from day 1.....unlike here
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    chilling said:

chilling said:

Thatā€™s the last one Iā€™m posting.

Delete
    chilling said:
    Thatā€™s the last one Iā€™m posting.

Really?
  • Options
    chilling said:

chilling said:

lucy4 said:

Why do most threads on here turn in to a Government/Prime Minister bashing exercise? If all people want to do is criticize and force their own agendas onto everyone else then start a separate thread or post in any of the numerous other anti-government threads.

Abstinence from all media info would surely see Haysies virus clear up.šŸ¤ž
    I think you have totally destroyed this thread posting all your nonsense.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    lucy4 said:

This explains why Germany has a low death rate compared to other countries.

As you would expect the Germans are far more efficient than us when it comes to the numbers that they are testing.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_testing
    A cat has tested positive in Belgium.
    That couldn't happen in the UK because it wouldn't be able to get a test.
    I cant recall anyone even mentioning the possibility that pets could catch and spread the virus.
    Perhaps Boris caught it off his dog.
    The PM, and Health Secretary both catching it, is a terrific example of leading by example.