You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's coming

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Although some might think these numbers are quite alarming,they are not as bad as they look.
    The lockdowns as everybody knows, are purely to stop the Health setups around the world from getting swamped.Some stats will surely identify the amount of idiots in a certain country,they can’t take in what they are told, hence spreading the virus. For other countries, it may come done to the total lack of education and lawlessness. I received info from somebody that explains what’s happening in great detail.
    For example, the current death rate in the U.K. due to this virus, per 1 million, is 0.0018%.
    Even Italy is looking like it has a curve that is flattening, might come soon.
    Looking back on this in the future, this will be regarded as an astronomical amount of money to spend to save a rather small percentage of folks currently in the U.K.
    Of course, it’s the right thing to do. The leaders have to act.
    As we are supposed to be going into our big wave of suffers, the media are upping their game.
    They are only adding to the problem.
    A nasty disease for some to catch, so best to try your upmost to avoid, especially the vulnerable, obv.

A test to know who has already had it, is a great near term goal,imo.
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    edited March 2020
    mumsie said:

Yes, Ive got a window cleaner mate who has always told me he declares less that the £12,500 so hes not paid tax for years.

Dirty Sponger!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,363
    Red_King said:

mumsie said:

Yes, Ive got a window cleaner mate who has always told me he declares less that the £12,500 so hes not paid tax for years.

Dirty Sponger!
    Ill tell him you said that , hes a Scouser.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,142
    mumsie said:

Excel converting :'(

So what happened to just posting links then?

That plan seems to be going really well.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,363
    It doesn't apply to me.

• Options
    There is some evidence that the fully recovered might have some residual lung damage though.
    The jury is out on that though.Some may have already had lung damage prior.
    There is a fair amount to learn about this disease.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

It doesn't apply to me.

Ok, what about Chilling?
  • Options
    goldon said:

Italy becoming impatient with lockdown - and social unrest is brewing The strain is showing in the south of the country where one man in Apulia reportedly called police after the bank closed and they couldn't withdraw his mother's pension - their only income.

Footage shows him shouting at officers, telling them the family has no money, his mother begging them to go to their home so she could show them they have no food. It's hard to watch. It's what desperation looks like.
    Another video has been shared around the country showing a father with his young daughter addressing the Italian prime minister, saying: "It's already 15-20 days that we've been inside and we're at our limit."

He gestures to his little girl who is eating a piece of bread and says: "Like my daughter, other children in a few days won't be able to eat this bit of bread. Rest assured, you will regret this because we're going to have a revolution."
    'We're at our limit,' the father said

Why Germany has such a low COVID-19 death rate
    Images have also emerged of police descending on supermarkets in Palermo in Sicily after reports people have started stealing to feed themselves. And groups have been set up in the last few days on social media to organise raids of supermarkets.

Sky News was sent a video message of a man in Sicily with a gun even offering to kill.

The mayor of Palermo told Sky News crime gangs are exploiting people's hardship and inciting violence - he warns a social emergency is next.

Italy has been in lockdown now for three weeks
    "Discomfort and malaise are growing and we are recording worrying reports of protest and anger that is being exploited by criminals who want to destabilise the system," said Leoluca Orlando.

"The more time passes, the more resources are exhausted. The few savings people have are running out. This tells us socio-economic issues will erupt."

Italy's Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has made €25bn available to support families and businesses affected by lockdown. Some say they're still waiting for that help.

Others don't qualify because their employment is not officially recorded. Italy has a big cash economy of unregistered workers - the large majority of this in the south.

The further south you go, the higher the level of deprivation and the higher the unemployment.

While the virus hasn't reached the same crisis levels in southern Italy, hunger and hardship threaten to be even bigger problems.

Italy is ahead of other countries in this outbreak and unrest threatens to be the next chapter in this crisis.

As the country struggles to bring the virus spread under control, the government has extended lockdown from 3 April with no new deadline.

Lockdown is the only solution to save lives.

But in southern Italy, for many, it feels like it's threatening their very survival.

€400M in food vouchers handed out it Italy may help.
  • Options
    Lockdowns around the world would taper out primarily on hospital cases, imo.
  • Options
    A very similar theme in all places at the minute.
    Lights out in Vegas.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Btw, we are not in a competition with Germany. Only the sensible will understand that comment.
    So says he.
  • Options
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    edited March 2020
    Are there any flights leaving for Belarus any time soon...

• Options
    Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device
    Australian Dr Daniel Reardon ended up in hospital after inserting magnets in his nostrils while building a necklace that warns you when you touch your face

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/30/astrophysicist-gets-magnets-stuck-up-nose-while-inventing-coronavirus-device
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I’m aware that those worldometer stats are inaccurate, undershoot, overshoot, wrong percentages,so not worth posting. That includes all countries.
    I’d firstly like to address two questions,comments on another thread.
    Firstly,suicide means intentionally causing ones own death.
    So if you caught the virus, then look at the recovery rate, then it doesn’t exactly define suicide, does it.
    Secondly,this is a slightly more difficult one though. I’d guess,maybe have a hunch,take a stab in the dark,that testing a handful of people might be an easier task than testing 1.5+ million.
    Shoot me down in flames if I’m wrong.🖐🖐

I’ll be back in a week,as I can’t see anything happening but the obvious. Total cases going up, death rates going up,then flattening out.
    As everybody knows, this can be a nasty virus for some, if left too late.
    I worked in the 80,s with a lean mean spread,fit as a fiddle. He caught pneumonia,which essentially this virus is, and nearly died then.
    Just a quick word for goldon. You appear a bit worried,but remember the only way you can catch it,is through yourself. Meaning just be aware, and don’t get careless.

Standard pneumonia info.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    In it together

Not forgetting N Ireland obv.
  • Options
    chilling said:

I’m aware that those worldometer stats are inaccurate, undershoot, overshoot, wrong percentages,so not worth posting. That includes all countries.

Why constantly post them then?

So if you caught the virus, then look at the recovery rate, then it doesn’t exactly define suicide, does it.

Why wouldn't you address them on that thread?

The forum would just end up a bit of a mess, if everyone addressed questions asked on one thread, on any other thread they chose.

Maybe I should have used the term "Playing Russian Roulette" instead.
    The point I was making was clear, in that NHS staff are taking their lives in their hands, by just going to work.
    The risk to them has been exacerbated by the Governments failure to provide adequate protective clothing.
    Only a small number have died from going to work, so far.
    Unfortunately the numbers are likely to increase substantially.
    They are very brave to put their lives at risk, while helping others.
    Something you might appreciate.

Secondly,this is a slightly more difficult one though. I’d guess,maybe have a hunch,take a stab in the dark,that testing a handful of people might be an easier task than testing 1.5+ million.

Germany are testing 500,000 people per week.
    We are doing around 6,000 tests per day.
    This represents only just over 4,000 different people.
    It seems that prominent people take precedence, over front line NHS staff.
    The Government seem unable to follow their own instructions on how to avoid contracting the virus.

The first cases came to light in December last year.
    It will be April tomorrow.
    You would think that this would be sufficient time to provide protective clothing for NHS staff, and be able to test substantial numbers of people on a daily basis.
    They cant hide behind the lie, that Boris lost the email, forever?

I’ll be back in a week,as I can’t see anything happening but the obvious. Total cases going up, death rates going up,then flattening out
    I worked in the 80,s with a lean mean spread,fit as a fiddle. He caught pneumonia,which essentially this virus is, and nearly died then.

This virus can lead to pneumonia.

Just a quick word for goldon. You appear a bit worried,but remember the only way you can catch it,is through yourself. Meaning just be aware, and don’t get careless.

Or fail to follow The Government instructions, in exactly the same way that The Government seem prone to do.

Standard pneumonia info.

• Options
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Why constantly post them then?

Why wouldn't you address them on that thread?

The forum would just end up a bit of a mess, if everyone addressed questions asked on one thread, on any other thread they chose.

Maybe I should have used the term "Playing Russian Roulette" instead.
    The point I was making was clear, in that NHS staff are taking their lives in their hands, by just going to work.
    The risk to them has been exacerbated by the Governments failure to provide adequate protective clothing.
    Only a small number have died from going to work, so far.
    Unfortunately the numbers are likely to increase substantially.
    They are very brave to put their lives at risk, while helping others.
    Something you might appreciate.

Germany are testing 500,000 people per week.
    We are doing around 6,000 tests per day.
    This represents only just over 4,000 different people.
    It seems that prominent people take precedence, over front line NHS staff.
    The Government seem unable to follow their own instructions on how to avoid contracting the virus.

The first cases came to light in December last year.
    It will be April tomorrow.
    You would think that this would be sufficient time to provide protective clothing for NHS staff, and be able to test substantial numbers of people on a daily basis.
    They cant hide behind the lie, that Boris lost the email, forever?

I’ll be back in a week,as I can’t see anything happening but the obvious. Total cases going up, death rates going up,then flattening out

Today a picture of brave nurse wearing just a basic apron and gloves to protect herself from coronavirus amid a global shortage of protective equipment - when what staff should be wearing is all the kit on the right

How the two pictures compare

Nurse 1 - She is seen only wearing an apron and gloves, putting her at risk of coming into contact with infectious airborne droplets from when a patient sneezes;
    Nurse 2 - She has a face mask, a plastic visor to protect the eyes, as well as gloves and an apron.

NHS mental health trust tells staff NOT to resuscitate patients because it does not have coronavirus PPE clothing as nurses across UK tell of heading to the frontline 'with no protection at all'
    Public Health England issued stricter guidance on protective equipment for NHS
    Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys Trust warn staff not to do CPR in coronaviris crisis
    The Royal College of Nursing says members are at risk because of lack of PPE
    Came as a brave NHS nurse was seen without vital kit amid worldwide shortages
    Medics at some hospitals have admitted to hiding equipment out of 'desperation'
    Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?