You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

It's coming

stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
Isn't it
The Corona virus spreading across Europe, might have to cancel me jollies to Greece 🤔

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    No...don't say that...off to Lisbon next weekend :# -no cases in Portugal yet and Sardinia or Kefalonia in October on hold atm..... :|

Imagine if there was an outbreak in Las Vegas in say May/June?? All this Sky PT winners crying :'(:(
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Here's a charming little article I read the other day: You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus:

The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch is exacting in his diction, even for an epidemiologist. Twice in our conversation he started to say something, then paused and said, “Actually, let me start again.” So it’s striking when one of the points he wanted to get exactly right was this: “I think the likely outcome is that it will ultimately not be containable.”

Lipsitch predicts that within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses. “It’s likely that many will have mild disease, or may be asymptomatic,” he said. As with influenza, which is often life-threatening to people with chronic health conditions and of older age, most cases pass without medical care. (Overall, about 14 percent of people with influenza have no symptoms.)
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    My daughters school had a load of pupils arrive back from a ski trip in Northern Italy, then decided they should stay at home for 14 days when they had already been back at school for 2 days. Bit pointless by then!
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Two more UK cases confirmed. It begins.....
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
    Written in 1981

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,327
    edited February 2020
    madprof said:

No...don't say that...off to Lisbon next weekend :# -no cases in Portugal yet and Sardinia or Kefalonia in October on hold atm..... :|

Imagine if there was an outbreak in Las Vegas in say May/June?? All this Sky PT winners crying :'(:(

American companies are very touchy on mixing with Europeans because of this virus.

The firm I work for we built 20 odd Truck of exhibition stand and shipped it out to Barcelona , we flew our lads out to build it , mid February.

Then American companies started cancelling one by one, INTEL ,AT&T and Mcafee our clients pulled out, billions ( im guessing) of dollars invested and The Americans pulled out.

Eventually the whole exhibition got cancelled.

Global events that are attended by people form around the globe are under threat of cancellation.

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    VespaPX said:

So was the bubonic plague, and a host of other killer nasties you stupid woman.
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863

VespaPX said:

So was the bubonic plague, and a host of other killer nasties you stupid woman.
    You've been really done there fella
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,466
    Public Appeal against virus bullying.

Can you find it in your Heart to give ÂŁ5 a week to feed & house this refugee Coronavirus stop it from being sent back to china where it will be eradicated even killed. ty 4 caring
    One for sure will ............ old age.!
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,010
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    VespaPX said:

Written in 1981

disproved by snopes in 2020

HENDRIK62 said:

VespaPX said:

Written in 1981

disproved by snopes in 2020

The Eyes of Darkness
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigation
    Jump to search
    The Eyes of Darkness The Eyes of Darkness.jpg
    First edition
    Author Dean Koontz (as Leigh Nichols) (freemason)
    Country United States
    Language English
    Genre Suspense
    Publisher Pocket Books
    Publication date
    10 May 1981
    Media type Print (Paperback)
    Pages 312
    ISBN 0-671-82784-7
    OCLC 34817463

The Eyes of Darkness is a thriller novel by American writer Dean Koontz, released in 1981.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,327

All the books that have people falling overboard and going missing at sea must have been predicted the Robert Maxwell ending.

And the ones written after Robert Maxwells died could be predicting future missing at sea incidents i suppose.

All fictional books written are predicting future events weve just got to wait around for them to align.

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    mumsie said:

All the books that have people falling overboard and going missing at sea must have been predicted the Robert Maxwell ending.

And the ones written after Robert Maxwells died could be predicting future missing at sea incidents i suppose.

All fictional books written are predicting future events weve just got to wait around for them to align.

yeah i think it,s coincidence in the book but the wuhan400 is weird
    It's SPOOKY like this