You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

It's coming

1212223242527»

Comments

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Matey boy at the WHO keeps calling for testing.
    Testing for what exactly? Considering all the researchers known little about the virus after months.
    Considering there’s not the capacity to test everyone in all countries,and he knows that.
    His head will be on the block one day.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,004
    Is this the same World Health Organisation that said COVID-19 was being well managed and nothing to worry about...

https://news.sky.com/story/suspected-bubonic-plague-in-china-being-well-managed-says-world-health-organisation-12023195
  • Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    mumsie said:

Essexphil said:

Like a lot of poker players, I like Maths.
    Which is why, in the face of the worst health crisis in 100 years, i am becoming increasingly annoyed with "experts" continually giving us what they KNOW to be completely bogus figures.

1. The 233 "deaths" "from" coronavirus.

They are nothing of the sort, and they know that. They are 233 people who have died WITH coronavirus. That's not the same thing. some will have died because of it, but others (like thousands of deaths every year) die because pneumonia creates the final step in an inevitable pattern.

So-for example-in a typical year, 8,000 people die because of flu. Many more thousands die with flu, but they calculate the extra deaths. You know, like you would expect ANY scientist to do.

2. The current status of people who they say have the virus.

Today (like every day) we are given an update on active and closed cases.
    "Active"? Today, there are 4,672 "mild" and 20 "serious" cases. And (typically) close to 100 people will die. And yet that 20 figure never moves. And "Chief Scientists" don't appear to notice.

"Closed" cases? 326. 93 recovered, and 233 died. When they are SURE (and I believe them) that the mortality rate is between 0.5% and 1%. When their rubbish figures are showing a mortality rate of about 70%.

3. 5,018 current cases

Really? Do the Maths.

If 233 have died, then, on the 0.5%-1% figures, it is not the case that c.35,000 HAVE the disease. It is that c.35,000 have already RECOVERED from it, or are known to have it and have a 0% chance of dying. You can't include people who currently have it, cos they are not completed statistics.

IF only 5,000 currently have the virus, it would be safe to see your elderly relatives. But, logically, the figure is WAAAAY higher.

Either we have scientists who cannot understand basic maths, or they are being told to give us figures that they know fine well are wrong.

Thats a great explanation and summary , I appreciate the time youve taken , thers is a lot of haze.
    🎤 Wise man say, only fools rush in.

Kids everywhere, schools , nurseries, teenagers at Uni?
    Nice lot of bubbles allowed to mix at Xmas?
    Boozers can sup till 11pm?

This deadly virus everywhere?
    Chinese Propaganda?
    Dr Fauci admitting he could have upped the testing sooner?
    Tedros Adhanom letting a supposed virus out of China, and can’t decide to test or mask up for months?
    Blair going tilt on tv, very odd behavior for him.( not the porkies , obv.)
    Even in an interconnected world, that virus must have hitched a ride on the jet stream to reach so many countries so quickly.

Major panic with that vial in Salisbury way back?

Test paper for @HAYSIE .

Really?

Got to go, FBI are knocking on my door.