You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what is cheating in poker?

churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
what constitutes collusion/cheating in poker?

Would you feel its ok if 2 players are sitting on the phone discussing hands as they are being played while on the same table in a 6 man dym?

does soft play constitute collusion especailly when they are deliberately trying to influence the outcome of the game?

when if soft play above is not cheating when does it cross the line to cheating in any other game/sport there is rules about manipulating results so why is it allowed in poker especially when its so obvious?

Comments

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Report it to cc.
  • Options
    TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    I wouldn't be happy on that table
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    1. How do you know players are discussing hands?
    2. Are they discussing current hands or viewing hands after they have finished?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    MattBates said:

This goes back to something from a long time ago

Tikay being Tikay offered to help someone who was struggling with their poker

He obviously would not have been helping him in a game in which they were both playing
    However, Churchy chose to view it this way and wrote some ridiculous things about Tikay on the forum
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Jac35 said:

MattBates said:

He obviously would not have been helping him in a game in which they were both playing
    However, Churchy chose to view it this way and wrote some ridiculous things about Tikay on the forum
    I would also like one of churchy’s special cameras that can see 2 other people (ting each other on their phones) they are playing hands...might come in useful , especially with my game! https://community.skypoker.com/profile/madprof

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    edited March 2020
    Jac35 said:

MattBates said:

Correct.

@churchy18 made the allegations - though a slightly different version at the time - in May 2018.

I replied to them immediately & at some length. He never replied further.

The full exchange is halfway down this page, HERE

Note also he was asked to provide a shred of evidence, & 22 months later he's yet to respond.

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Hey churchy,

Hope you are doing well.

What are you thinking about Gerard?

Maybe just as well the game is cancelled at the weekend to save Rangers any embarrassment :D
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    genuinley nothing about tikay and i mean that absolutely nothing(and if i had made that clear in op i would have been accused of doing it to get a dig at him )

its just looking for opinions from other players on it simple

when does soft play become cheating?

LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,333
    12:55
    Hey churchy,

Hope you are doing well.

Maybe just as well the game is cancelled at the weekend to save Rangers any embarrassment

good ty yeah mate crazy stuff no matter what happens its going to be bad one if league cant be finished no one will be happy however they deal with it celtic deserve title tbh and deffo glad its off sunday

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You asked for opinions, I asked some questions. Do you have a response?
  • Options
    MattBates Member Posts: 3,218
    19:36
    You asked for opinions, I asked some questions. Do you have a response?

player accidently gave himself away in chat by saying he had to go on webcam as his phone died or the like

me and another started asking questions he did not reply he was reported and has i assume been banned as no games the last two weeks of course the site wont confirm or deny another player from the table has not had any games for the last 10 days the other 4 players(me included) are on site today
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    churchy18 said:

genuinley nothing about tikay and i mean that absolutely nothing(and if i had made that clear in op i would have been accused of doing it to get a dig at him )

its just looking for opinions from other players on it simple

when does soft play become cheating?

LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,333
    12:55
    Hey churchy,

Hope you are doing well.

Maybe just as well the game is cancelled at the weekend to save Rangers any embarrassment

good ty yeah mate crazy stuff no matter what happens its going to be bad one if league cant be finished no one will be happy however they deal with it celtic deserve title tbh and deffo glad its off sunday

Here's a nothing about TK post for clarity.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Correct.

@churchy18 made the allegations - though a slightly different version at the time - in May 2018.

I replied to them immediately & at some length. He never replied further.

The full exchange is halfway down this page, HERE

Note also he was asked to provide a s5 hred of evidence, & 22 months later he's yet to respond.

OK mummy here goes

LOL tikay i never thought you done wrong in a meaningful way you tried to help someone but it went wrong as he only played games you where involved in which if opposite way around you would not like after telling someone how to play!

ask pompeynic to unlock his ss(which only got locked after i posted ) then search from when you phoned him to give advice and from then on he only ever played when you where involved at least 85%(other 15% where mtts) involed you!

now if he played the amount me you eon maca did fair enough but he did not (5300 games total upto today proves that !)
    I played more in a year!

before your chat he had very low play rate after chat was in every session you where as i said can be checked on ss u registered he registered you finished he finished and at the time did say on tables a few times a bit of bs but of course it was just my bs

But all of a sudden both stopped playing as much and pompey nic went on a br nosedive funny coincidence that init! but yeah no proof.

easy solution ask pompey to unlock ss check the figures and dates!

QUOTE from tikay
    "Note also he was asked to provide a s5 hred of evidence, & 22 months later he's yet to respond."

i cant provide this you and pompey can by showing ss which was locked as soon as i said it the 1st time in chat but before hand he was happy to show his graph with the mini win or somthing similar !

So please prove im talking shite as i cant when you and pompey hide it!

• Options
    Just like yours has after all those years of proudly showing it off
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    and this has been bugging you how long
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
  • Options
    stokefc said:

and this has been bugging you how long
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

I had bud till i saw the notification tonight when
    i looked at the forum

stand by what i said i cant change ss and either can they!

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited June 2020
    I think this one is going to be difficult for you Churchy

You have no proof. The reason you have no proof is that there is nothing amiss and your statements aren’t true.

You’re slurring two very popular chaps who have always behaved impeccably
    It’s a bit different with you. You’re unpopular and don’t behave impeccably

Putting all this together it is, as i said at the start, a difficult one for you.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    There is a pattern emerging in the timing of these outbursts.

Alcoholism.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

I think this one is going to be difficult for you Churchy

You have no proof. The reason you have no proof is that there is nothing amiss and your statements aren’t true.

You’re slurring two very popular chaps who have always behaved impeccably
    It’s a bit different with you. You’re unpopular and don’t behave impeccably

Putting all this together it is, as i said at the start, a difficult one for you.

Maybe but the 2 people who can show iam talking rubbish refuse to show the proof iam talking rubbish why?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Pretty sure people There is a pattern emerging in the timing of these outbursts.

Alcoholism.

trying to use someones problems against them shows more about you than them hope you and your children never have problems

can i show both players ss no i never blocked them ...can you ..no can tikay and pompey yes will they no ?

Now you check is tikay1 and pompeynic private and why now but before they where both proud to show them ss stats so whats different now?

has tikay always had it on show upto recentley yes as can be seen in the thread) can a new dog learn old tricks ?

has pompey? yes before i said this the only reason he was in profit was a big win in a n/l mtt and the seesawed in dym pl08s

so why all of a sudden close it when accussed of somthing surely you keep it open!
    to prove your innocence rather than hide it and just say someone is lying!

I cant prove what im saying with others blocking ss but the fact before my claims the ss where on show all the time on threads in the forum but got hidden after my claims but im the liar upto you

And thank you for using my problems against me at a time i tried to help others i just hope your child never meets you/or somone as ignorant as you mumsie

Edited apoligies for the placing of wrong name