You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what is cheating in poker?

Comments

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    @Tikay10

So my position is clear.

Was only responding to the original post given what was by OP.

I have no real frame of reference and do not know or wish to know the history. Best to stay out of it. It's likely a player that heard something and went for it no holds barred.

If I was to hazard a guess would be very much leaning to the unsubstantiated position on this one.

Sky is an excellent poker site and it's a little disheartening to see posts like the original and I attempt to play devil's advocate. From my understanding when the OP is questioned he/she does not respond particularly to what they are questioned on which says a lot.

The forum is a great outlet to rant/vent etc. but we all should be careful about the use of the words corrupt/collusion/working together etc. It's loose language from Churchy and is at least extremely unfair of them to do that without much in the way of proof.

Cammy
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Perception

• Options
    rabdeniro said:

Scotsmen, you got to love em, start a fight in an empty room. :D

Haha!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Cammykaze said:

rabdeniro said:

Scotsmen, you got to love em, start a fight in an empty room. :D

Haha!!!
    Start a fight in a phonebox is another one. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    There is one Englishman that is capable of starting a fight in an empty room.

A Scotsman said that ironically enough.

The player in question. Mr Dennis Wise.

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/sir_alex_ferguson__wise_could_start_a_fight_in_an_empty_room_405699/index.shtml#:~:text=This was the Dennis Wise,have to be empty either.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    Hi @Tikay10
    Being that I am in the 'most played' list yet not 'the most profitable' list does that mean I totally pwned you?
    I think we both know the answer ;-)

And @churchy18 just wow......
  • Options
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    churchy18 said:

Have you contacted BT asking for Tikay's call log for the last 3 years?

Have you asked if you can remove your tounge from his anus!

I haven't, because it's really difficult to ask questions with a mouthful of ar$e.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    HENDRIK62 said:

Hi @Tikay10
    Being that I am in the 'most played' list yet not 'the most profitable' list does that mean I totally pwned you?

@HENDRIK62

Ha, everyone owned me. What fun we all had.

Great, great times, & great, great memories, doubt I've ever enjoyed poker so much.

It's fearfully sad that it's all come to this, but there it is.

Hope your health is still OK mate.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    Tikay10 said:

HENDRIK62 said:

Hi @Tikay10

@HENDRIK62

Ha, everyone owned me. What fun we all had.

Great, great times, & great, great memories, doubt I've ever enjoyed poker so much.

It's fearfully sad that it's all come to this, but there it is.

Hope your health is still OK mate.
    @Tikay10 @tikay1 Pay no attention to this fool. Everyone who has ever come into contact with you, either face to face or via the tables or the forum has the utmost respect for you. You are the face of Sky Poker, you are the one that everyone, myself included, trusts absolutely and seeks out for advice. It is disgraceful that you are even being questioned. Please remember though that you have a great number of friends on this site who will not stand by idly. We will make our voices heard louder than the idiots. Take care my friend xx
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    churchy18 said:

Standard Rangers supporter, bitter and stuck in the past.

typical celtic fan ignore the truth and all the abuse and use bigotry as an excuse Big jock knew just like you do too!
    r u neely dunn with this?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hi Churchy,

I did a search on your username and last year you posted this.

This was a very thoughtful post and was very well received as the advice you gave was excellent and well sign-posted. Sure someone would have got a benefit from that.

Hope you are doing ok mate and you maybe are misdirecting things a little and taking a bit of frustration out to the innocent parties as it were.

The PM option is available too.

Take care

Cammy

• Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    I dont normaly post on negative threads but i think this is utter nonsense churchy if you have proof show it if not give us all peace
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Get well soon Churchy
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited June 2020
    https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/sky-poker-collusion-why-no-action-1524803/index4.html

Someone's created a 2+2 account and bumped an old thread about collusion on Sky. Obvs it's someone with a grudge against Tikay or some random rigtard looking for an excuse, but regardless it's not the kind of attention this site needs.

@churchy18 post evidence or GTFO. I'm sure if you had any worthwhile evidence it would have been posted much sooner back in May 2018 when you first commented on this thread, but feel free to prove me wrong if you can back up your accusations.
    Tikay10 said:

Once again, when I tried to help pompeynic, who was a bit low & going through a crisis of confidence, we were NOT in the same game whilst on the phone. That would be bang wrong, but it did not happen. At the time he was not a mate, just a player who asked for a bit of help. Customer Service at it's very best I would have thought, and it's pretty mean to see it twisted into cheating allegations. (Subsequently we became good mates).

I played a DYM & explained my thought processes to Nick. He was not in that game.

Then we reversed positions, & he played a game and explained his thought process to me. I was not in the game.

It's all as simple as that, no more, no less. Categorically, we were NOT in the same game during the 2 games where we were on the 'phone.

Assuming this to be true, what took place according to @Tikay10 is within the rules.

First of all, let's deal with any suggestion of 'ghosting', i.e. One player advising the other while the hand is in progress through some method of communication besides table chat (over the phone in this case).

Given that the player playing is the one explaining their thought process, this is not 'ghosting' unless feedback was given in response while the hand was in progress. I'm sure that Tikay knows the rule here and has enough respect for the game to follow the rule. In any case, it's impossible to prove what happened during that phone call even if you dispute Tikay's version of events.
    churchy18 said:

LOL tikay i never thought you done wrong in a meaningful way you tried to help someone but it went wrong as he only played games you where involved in which if opposite way around you would not like after telling someone how to play!

ask pompeynic to unlock his ss(which only got locked after i posted ) then search from when you phoned him to give advice and from then on he only ever played when you where involved at least 85%(other 15% where mtts) involed you!

now if he played the amount me you eon maca did fair enough but he did not (5300 games total upto today proves that !)
    I played more in a year!

before your chat he had very low play rate after chat was in every session you where as i said can be checked on ss u registered he registered you finished he finished and at the time did say on tables a few times a bit of bs but of course it was just my bs

But all of a sudden both stopped playing as much and pompey nic went on a br nosedive funny coincidence that init! but yeah no proof.

easy solution ask pompey to unlock ss check the figures and dates!

You're allowed to help someone else improve their game as long as it remains one player to a hand when they're actually playing. As long as Tikay doesn't say anything while the hand is in progress about the hand, then it's fine.

Locked scope: As others have stated, Sharkscope (for Sky Poker) switched from opt-out to opt-in a few days before GDPR was introduced. This coincides with your initial accusation against Tikay.

"But he only played when Tikay was playing" - This was the case for most of the PLO8 player pool at the time, most likely as a knock on effect from the TV channel where people still went out of their way to play against Tikay. At times, the games would only run if Tikay was playing. His SNG stats (3371 SNGs including 1379 with Tikay) are not as outrageous as they seem, given the small PLO8 player pool and liquidity spiking when Tikay was playing, although I do acknowledge that it's unusually high without context.

'85%' and "'Pompeynic's BR nosedived' after Tikay and him stopped playing as much" - As Pompeynic's Sharkscope is blocked, where are you getting this 85% stat from, and how do you know that he 'stopped playing as much' and 'went on a BR nosedive'?

Even if both of those statements happen to be true, they can also both be explained within the context of the unique ecosystem that is the Sky PLO8 DYM player pool, but I'll let you back up your numbers with evidence before I bother.
  • Options
    ^^^^^^

Excellent post.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    The PLO8 DYM days of two or three years ago with the old crew playing were great days, I have never played on such friendly and banter filled tables. I stuck around until they ended, probably to the detriment of my bankroll, simply because they were so much fun. Sadly PLO8 DYMs rarely run now and you certainly couldn't spend an evening multi tabling them.

@churchy18 you surely know now that your allegations are completely unfounded? The PLO8 community on here was shocked by them initially and I am disappointed that you have dragged them back onto the forum years later. However I am also fairly confident that if you apologised to @Tikay10 and @pompeynic, either privately or on this thread, then we can draw a line under this and all move on. I would hope you are big enough to do so and take it from someone who has messed up a few times over the years a heart felt apology will go a long way to making you feel better as well as healing the rift.

That notwithstanding @churchy18, I think you stated in an earlier post that you had been sober for a few months now, that's great news. I wish you good luck on the tables and off.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    I think there is more chance of seeing Vespa in a BLM march than Churchy coming on here to apologise.

He'll disappear now for a few months, then randomly pop up again on a Friday night with some more wild, incoherent accusations.

I have my popcorn ready.