You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Box Sets To Watch While Isolating.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,209
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    Three Pines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGjjUDWOJg

@wendymcdowell2341
    2 weeks ago
    Fortunately, I already have Prime, otherwise I’d have to add it before December 2 to my growing list of streaming services.. I was introduced to Louise Penny’s books a few years ago by a friend who is also a book lover, and I owe her for making me aware of this remarkable book series. Ms. Penny is a remarkable writer, and Inspector Armand Gamache is one of my favorite characters ever. November 29th and December 2nd can’t come soon enough!

@marriannadougherty7408
    1 month ago
    Alfred Molina is a much better “fit” for Gamache than the previous movie made for Prime. Better casting. I’ll watch it even if it’s scary because if the dialogue is as good as the dialogue in the books, it will be hilarious in places.

1 reply
    @mariamroczkowska4932
    @mariamroczkowska4932
    1 month ago
    What a great trailer! I know this series is going to be amazing. I'll make my whole family watch it :-) Alfred Molina is magnificent. Perfect casting.

2 replies
    @ebybeehoney
    @ebybeehoney
    4 weeks ago
    The characters in these books are priceless. I'm interested in seeing how a series would turn out.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @MISTY4ME @Essexphil @TheEdge949 @lucy4

A fair representation of life in Wales.

The Toll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ycU2vH8P0

@fullercorp
    @fullercorp
    1 year ago
    "You don't think they could have been speaking Welsh?"- i laughed for a minute straight

1 reply
    @RadekLoquendo
    @RadekLoquendo
    1 year ago
    God I want Iwan as the 14th Doctor

@user-dd4tp3qj9w
    @user-dd4tp3qj9w
    1 year ago
    This looks like a modern mix of **** and the Guard. Cannot wait to see this

@clairetasker9181
    @clairetasker9181
    1 year ago
    Best out of GoT in Wales, classic gold

@irishemperor
    @irishemperor
    1 year ago
    You gotta pay the Troll Toll, if you wanna get into that boy's soul

1 reply
    @ArtemisScribe
    @ArtemisScribe
    1 year ago
    this looks amazing!

@Colineo
    @Colineo
    1 year ago
    Fantastic cast!

@sagapoetic8990
    @sagapoetic8990
    1 year ago
    Cant wait to see this!

@babybbbb
    @babybbbb
    1 year ago
    This looks like it might be really good!

@MrMadfattdeeb
    @MrMadfattdeeb
    1 year ago
    😮🤯 I need to be watching this now!

@_Francis
    @_Francis
    1 year ago
    No need for a trailer, just say Ramsay, we're in

5 replies
    @rumpledskin7971
    @rumpledskin7971
    1 year ago
    I thought Ramsey Bolton was playing the good guy. No such luck!!!

@TigerlilyWarrior
    @TigerlilyWarrior
    1 year ago
    Looks really good..... but my dumbass first thought the title read, "The Troll". I'm like, "doesn't feel very horror/fantasy... Metaphor for the tollkeeper perhaps?... OH!"

2 replies
    @araisikewai
    @araisikewai
    1 year ago
    Everyone talking about Ramsay Bolton, meanwhile I was thinking, "did Wes Anderson just made another movie?"

1 reply
    @sasha3ize
    @sasha3ize
    1 year ago (edited)
    Iwan Rheon- COUNT ME IN.
  • Options
    BBC Cormoran Strike Robin Ellacott - Troubled Blood - CAN'T PRETEND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfM747JAsnk

Filming ‘Strike: Troubled Blood’ in Skegness | Photo Slideshow (February 2022)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CvMk5WY54w
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

The Toll.

You can get another 6 month free trial on Apple plus, through Sky VIP.
    There is a tab on the home page.
    Defending Jacob was good.

I must admit that I am a fan of a good series, and characters you feel you know.
    Examples in books that I read would be Bosch, Rebus, Strike, Wisting, Bob Skinner, Reacher(not any more), Roy Grace (not up to date), Mickey Haller, Jessica Shaw, Harry Hole, DCI Banks, Cormac Reilly, Karen Pirie, etc.
    I must admit that I have enjoyed the Bosch stories more, since Bosch started narrating them.
    I have more recently become a fan of Peter Grainger who has a couple of series, Garry Disher that has 3 series and a number of stand alone novels, and Lissa Marie Redmond that has a cold case series.
    I have read some of the Inspector Gamache stories, which are now being shown on Prime.
    I used to like Harlan Coben, but not so much these days.
    I have also given up on Patricia Cornwall, and Kathy Reichs.

As far as the TV is concerned, there is a new series of Strike starting on Sunday.
    A new series of Reacher allegedly due.

I am currently watching Cold Case that has a very good cast, and soundtrack, as well as Longmire, which I am very keen on.
    They both have millions of episodes so this will take a while, but I am enjoying both.

The programmes I have enjoyed most recently have been, Southland, Justified, London Kills, Deadwood, Jack Irish, 19-2, Third Watch, City On A Hill, Underbelly, We Own This City, and Fauda.

• Options
    Reacher Season 2: Release Date, Cast, Latest News, and More

Reacher Season 2 Latest News
    Reacher Season 2 is officially happening! As in, it's happening right now. Alan Ritchson took to Instagram to let the world know that filming on Season 2 officially began on Sept. 23, and, with the help of some visual aids, that Season 2 will be bigger than Season 1. Filming now puts the show on a possible track for a spring 2023 release.

alanritchson
    Verified
    We’re officially back for @reacheronprime Season 2! This year we’re going even huger.

Reacher Season 2 Release Date
    Amazon ordered a second season of Reacher on Feb. 7, 2022, just days after the first season premiered. However, Amazon has not announced a premiere date for Season 2. Going by the formula of streaming series returning about a year after the previous season, we'd guess that Season 2 would air sometime in the first half of 2023. Season 2 is filming now.

Which Book Will Reacher Season 2 Follow, and What's It About?
    Reacher Season 1 covered the first book in Lee Child's Jack Reacher books, Killing Floor. As for Season 2, star Alan Ritchson revealed which book it would be based on via Twitter on May 18.

“O'Donnell put his hand in his pocket and came out with his brass knuckles. Ceramic knuckles, technically.”
    That’s right, season 2 of #ReacherOnPrime will be based on Bad Luck and Trouble (Jack Reacher, #11), written by the legendary Lee Child.
    Filming will commence this fall. pic.twitter.com/bOua7LSsLY

— Alan Ritchson (@alanritchson) May 18, 2022

https://www.tvguide.com/news/reacher-season-2-release-date-cast-and-more/
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

The Toll.

I must admit that I am a fan of a good series, and characters you feel you know.
    Examples in books that I read would be Bosch, Rebus, Strike, Wisting, Bob Skinner, Reacher(not any more), Roy Grace (not up to date), Mickey Haller, Jessica Shaw, Harry Hole, DCI Banks, Cormac Reilly, Karen Pirie, etc.
    I must admit that I have enjoyed the Bosch stories more, since Bosch started narrating them.
    I have more recently become a fan of Peter Grainger who has a couple of series, Garry Disher that has 3 series and a number of stand alone novels, and Lissa Marie Redmond that has a cold case series.
    I have read some of the Inspector Gamache stories, which are now being shown on Prime.

As far as the TV is concerned, there is a new series of Strike starting on Sunday.

I am currently watching Cold Case that has a very good cast, and soundtrack, as well as Longmire, which I am very keen on.
    They both have millions of episodes so this will take a while, but I am enjoying both.

The programmes I have enjoyed most recently have been, Southland, Justified, London Kills, Deadwood, Jack Irish, 19-2, Third Watch, City On A Hill, Underbelly, We Own This City, and Fauda.

I activated the Apple Trial this morning.
    I had a quick glance and there doesnt seem much that I would like to watch.

• Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

The Toll.

Longmire definitely gets in my top ten, maybe top five.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

The Toll.

Longmire definitely gets in my top ten, maybe top five.
    Just started this.

Echo 3 — Official Trailer | Apple TV+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ_CMFSaOO8
  • Options
    Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 3 - On The Run Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OFj5bXyhxI
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    HAYSIE said:
    Foyle is certainly a contender. But there are so many great shows to choose from, and (IMO) there are a few better:-

Luther; Sherlock; Line of Duty

And a few that are probably as good:-

Morse, Vera, Unforgotten

30 years ago, British TV produced the best sitcoms. Now, it is crime-even better than the truly great US Crime shows

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:
    Foyle is certainly a contender. But there are so many great shows to choose from, and (IMO) there are a few better:-

Morse, Vera, Unforgotten

30 years ago, British TV produced the best sitcoms. Now, it is crime-even better than the truly great US Crime shows

There are 20 programmes on the link.
    Foyle was the last.
    So you have to scroll to the left.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    When is Happy Valley series 3 on BBC One?
    Happy Valley series three begins at 9pm on 1 January, New Year’s Day, on BBC One and BBC iPlayer. Sally Wainwright’s multi-Bafta award winning hit Happy Valley returns to the BBC for its third and final series, starring Sarah Lancashire as Sergeant Catherine Cawood.

Happy Valley | Series 3 Trailer - BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBaaeeETR9o
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    edited December 2022
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Morse, Vera, Unforgotten

Foyle was the last.
    Fair enough.

Only 1 to add to my personal list, and in the 2nd category, would be DCI Banks.

Which reminds me about 2 facts about the author, the late, great, Peter Robinson:-

1. One of his books contains the usual, usually meaningless, platitudes from people. But 1 stuck with me-"Probably the greatest author alive today-Stephen King". That is some accolade, coming from the person who would probably win the popular vote there

2. On social media, I recall some troll saying it was his fault Banks the TV series was ditched, because the reason was the killing off of Annie Cabbot. To which Robinson replied that that was a TV decision-she was still alive and well in his books :)
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Morse, Vera, Unforgotten

Foyle was the last.
    Fair enough.

Only 1 to add to my personal list, and in the 2nd category, would be DCI Banks.

Which reminds me about 2 facts about the author, the late, great, Peter Robinson:-

1. One of his books contains the usual, usually meaningless, platitudes from people. But 1 stuck with me-"Probably the greatest author alive today-Stephen King". That is some accolade, coming from the person who would probably win the popular vote there

2. On social media, I recall some troll saying it was his fault Banks the TV series was ditched, because the reason was the killing off of Annie Cabbot. To which Robinson replied that that was a TV decision-she was still alive and well in his books :)
    DCI Banks was in there.

DCI Banks
    Stephen Tompkinson, known for the shows Ballykissangel and Wild at Heart plays title character DCI Alan Banks in this series that ran for five seasons from 2010 to 2016. With the help of colleagues DS Annie Cabbot (Andrea Lowe) and DI Helen Morton (Caroline Catz), the hardboiled detective uses his tenacity and smarts to solve dark murder mysteries. The depth of the Banks character may come from the fact that the series is based on a series of popular novels by Peter Robinson.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/the-best-british-crime-series/ss-AA15ptgh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4e84b22efdb64c31bff23702bf08ab9f#image=20
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

The Toll.

I activated the Apple Trial this morning.
    I had a quick glance and there doesnt seem much that I would like to watch.

Found a couple.

Echo 3 — Official Trailer | Apple TV+
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ_CMFSaOO8

Bad Sisters — Official Trailer | Apple TV+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZUrhfCl0Xc
  • Options
    Top Gun: Maverick | NEW Official Trailer (2022 Movie) - Tom Cruise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXco2jaZ_4
  • Options
    Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 3 - Official Trailer | Prime Video