You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Covid 19 UK.

Comments

• Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    HAYSIE said:

Calls for Dominic Cummings to be SACKED for breaking lockdown rules by driving 264 miles to his parents' home with his wife and son while he had coronavirus symptoms... only to be caught after neighbours heard Abba blasting at full volume

Super Trouper?
    Thank you for the music?
    Waterloo?

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,233
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    madprof said:

Dominic Cummings of course!

That fictional story about test drive to Barnard Castle and stopping in the woods....Really?

Did that take this internationally renowned(sic) strategist 2 days to come up with that??

It was like watching someone explain why they hadn't done their homework and made Boris look like a bigger useless terwat than we all know he is

And that cr ap that Boris didn't know...If Bojo didnt know I'm a .. Im a cracking poker player.....and I'm not!

I think that Boris has, and is still completely misjudging the public outrage regarding this story.

He cut yesterdays press conference short.

He looked impatient, and indignant, as all the questions asked by the press, except for one, were regarding Cummings rather than the relaxation of the lockdown.

The Tories have completely underestimated the damage this story has caused them, and that there is no end in sight.

Surely they could have come up with a better story?

Why didn't Cummings at least apologise?

I have heard through the grapevine that Specsavers plan to introduce a 30 mile drive as part of a standard eye test in the very near future.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

Dominic Cummings of course!

That fictional story about test drive to Barnard Castle and stopping in the woods....Really?

Did that take this internationally renowned(sic) strategist 2 days to come up with that??

It was like watching someone explain why they hadn't done their homework and made Boris look like a bigger useless terwat than we all know he is

And that cr ap that Boris didn't know...If Bojo didnt know I'm a .. Im a cracking poker player.....and I'm not!

I think that Boris has, and is still completely misjudging the public outrage regarding this story.

He cut yesterdays press conference short.

He looked impatient, and indignant, as all the questions asked by the press, except for one, were regarding Cummings rather than the relaxation of the lockdown.

The Tories have completely underestimated the damage this story has caused them, and that there is no end in sight.

Surely they could have come up with a better story?

Why didn't Cummings at least apologise?

I have heard through the grapevine that Specsavers plan to introduce a 30 mile drive as part of a standard eye test in the very near future.
    What appalls me more is the belief by the govt and domcum is they think the public are so naive/stupid to believe these made up accounts.

(If I wanted to test drive for whatever reason...its down the road, not to coincidentally end up at a tourist location on my wife's birthday...I'm genuinely staggered that he thinks we will swallow it....)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029
    edited May 2020
    If he had said that he had panicked out of the love and fear for his child, and looking back he should not have done this, I think we could all live with that.

But no. He believes you can fool all the people all the time.

Somewhere, Prince Andrew is saying:-

"See. I told you my TV interview could have gone worse..."

Chief Adviser to the PM. And no-one notices he has gone AWOL. And no-one mentions it for nearly 6 weeks. Until the Public mention it.

Loved the bit where DomCum said he is not sure when he filled up with petrol. Like he hasn't gone through his bank statements beforehand...

Notice it is all about his family. And nothing about the country. Doesn't take medical advice before driving up to Durham. Long journey when he may well about to be very ill. Drives to hospital while unwell. Half hour drive when unsure whether safe to drive.

Just go. Now.
  • Options
  • Options
    BBC Newsnight's Emily Maitlis needs just 20 seconds to say why what Dominic Cummings did was wrong

She said:
    Dominic Cummings broke the rules, the country can see that, and it’s shocked the government cannot.

The longer ministers and the prime minister tell us he worked with them, the more angry the response to this scandal is likely to be.
    He was the man, remember, who always got the public mood, he tagged the lazy label of ‘elite’ on those who disagreed.
    He should understand that public mood. One of fury, contempt, and anguish.
    He made those who struggled to keep to the rules feel like fools, and has allowed many more to feel like they can flout them.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/bbc-newsnights-emily-maitlis-needs-just-20-seconds-to-say-why-what-dominic-cummings-did-was-wrong/ar-BB14EsXO?ocid=spartandhp
  • Options
    She also said that the following are still unclear,

Why he tested his eyesight by going for a 60 mile drive, with a small child in the car?

Why he changed his own blogs to backdate inclusions to suggest that he predicted the pandemic.

Why his wifes article about lockdown contained so many apparent inaccuracies.

Why the Government would stake its moral authority on the insistence that what happened was fine.

Lewis Goodall then went out to point out the holes in Cummings story.

Firstly there is no doubt that the 60 mile drive broke the rules, as at the time we were only allowed out locally for shopping exercise etc, end of.

Secondly, he claimed initially that he and his wife had symptons.

In which case they weren't allowed to leave the house.

On Sunday he claimed he did not have symptoms, his wife was ill, but without covid symptoms.

So there is a choice,

If his wife had covid symptoms they should not have left the house.

If his wife didn't have symptoms there was no reason to travel to Durham.

He is in a hole but cant stop digging.

He maintains he didn't break any rules, yet his wife wrote an article clearly claiming that the family was locked down in London.

Why would she do this, unless they were completely aware that what they had done was wrong, and was attempting to cover it up.

Grant Shapps initially denied the drive took place.

Yet Ministers seem to be falling over themselves to come to his aid, by making the most ridiculous statements, and probably not helping.
  • Options
    Police 'break up birthday party' at Conservative MP's house amid coronavirus lockdown

Police were forced to break up a birthday party at a Conservative MP's house amid the coronavirus lockdown, it has been reported.

In a Facebook post on Monday, Mr Roberts backed Boris Johnson's embattled adviser Dominic Cummings, who is facing calls to resign over allegations he breached lockdown rules

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/police-break-birthday-party-conservative-215900325.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

I've changed my mind again...

When I worked in education, It was always Gove having the face you wanted to punch the most...then along came the Moggster to steal that place....

back to Michael ' I'mshaggingdominiccummingsupthearseaswespesk' Gove again ...

can a person look any smug and condescending and his reply to this question...well

• Options
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

I've changed my mind again...

When I worked in education, It was always Gove having the face you wanted to punch the most...then along came the Moggster to steal that place....

back to Michael ' I'mshaggingdominiccummingsupthearseaswespesk' Gove again ...

can a person look any smug and condescending and his reply to this question...well