You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Covid 19 UK.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,968

Wrap up and put woolly socks on" is the advice the Sunday Times gives to rail passengers, who have been told to expect chillier travel this winter. The paper says a meeting of the Rail Delivery Group on Tuesday could see it become obligatory for windows to be left open throughout journeys and for doors to be left open at stations for as long as possible as part of attempts to extract air possibly containing the coronavirus. The move is part of attempts to shore up passenger confidence after the number of travellers slumped in the spring to levels "last seen in the days of Queen Victoria".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54496084
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    VespaPX
    a picture, paints a thousand words, the above, is both SUPREME, succinctly saying A Thousand Words, and, it makes my blood BOIL.

So, does this, below.

Belgium

• Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    noticed this innocuous statement in a BBC report today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54500673

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Red_King said:

noticed this innocuous statement in a BBC report today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54500673

Practically the same symptoms as TB. Pre antibiotics, guess part of the treatment.
    Vitamin D.

• Options
    Life in three-tier Britain: All your questions answered as Boris Johnson prepares to unveil curbs for 'Medium', 'High' and 'Very High' risk areas

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will today divide the country into 'medium', 'high' or 'very high' coronavirus alert sectors. The three-tier system comes after a 9.3 percent increase in cases on the previous week, with the north of England having the worst rates of infection. Here the MailOnline outlines what the tiers mean and who they could affect...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8829499/Life-3-tier-Britain-Questions-answered-rules-Medium-High-High-risk-areas.html
  • Options
    the more, that work out, the 'official narrative' needs, at the very least!
    A question or ten thousand thrown at it, the better.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    I think that the Government deserve credit for the way they have dealt with the various economic payments. It's not perfect, but it is very good. Cannot agree with the Labour Mayors calling for 80%/100% of pay. There is no magic money tree-this is all going to have to be paid back via taxes at some stage.

Watched the "scientists" this morning at their press conference. Disgraceful. Avoided answering every difficult question posed. I get that Politicians avoid answering anything, but Scientists?

Where is the "science" for closing pubs at 10? In reality, the only evidence will be excess alcohol intake. Why can't publicans be trusted to police this responsibly?

Their answer about schools not being a problem defied belief. It's not the children that are getting sick-it's the teachers, the bus drivers, the dinner ladies. When a teacher is self-isolating the whole year stay at home-there is no Plan B.

They presented as "facts" graphs containing 4 groups of people. 0-15, 16-60, 60-85, and 85-plus. And extrapolated figures as though they were all equally-sized. Whereas 85-plus is less than 2% of the population.

And studiously avoided mentioning Nottingham at all. As though numbers don't matter.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,023
  • Options
    Seasonal Flu data ( & Pneumonia) merging with ConVid19

• Options
  • Options
    My wife has just received a text to say that the school where she works is to close immediately for nearly 3 weeks due to a coronavirus outbreak. She has been told she must apply for Statutory Sick Pay, and must not come to work (despite being healthy).

Pupils? 1600-odd. Teachers/support staff/ancillary staff? About 400. So 2000-plus total.

Total number tested positive? 6. Of which precisely 1 is a pupil. And a school closes.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    Phil..?
    Are you 'praising? Our so called, elected Great and Good?'
    Yes, I know grammar, not and never, my strong point..
    But, the brain (like yours? sharp as a tack..)
    You believe them? Or, are you like me?... Questioning,.. Mildly, 'their Utter BS..'
    That's, what it is mate.
    Or at least, bare in mind,.. Evidence, my posts..
    Called it, in the beginning..... The Very Beginning...
    A get up... It is.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    misterpj said:

Phil..?
    You believe them? Or, are you like me?... Questioning,.. Mildly, 'their Utter BS..'
    That's, what it is mate.
    A get up... It is.

This is only the Government's fault in 1 sense.

We used to have a system in England where schools were all run by County Councils. That could provide a coherent system for education.

Until some moron decided that they could save a few quid by letting individual Trusts run schools outside that system via "academies". Who, in turn franchise out various jobs to outsourcing companies. And have little or no idea how to run schools, but run scared at the thought of being sued if people contract the disease at work.

The virus is real. It genuinely has major effects upon our way of life.

But it is made worse by people running around flailing their arms in the air as though there has never been a pandemic before.

So-6 ill people. None have died (I believe none hospitalised). 5 were in protective bubbles socially distanced from the kids. Resulting in 1600 kids not going to school. Impacting upon hundreds (if not thousands) of jobs of staff and parents. With 0 working days' notice.
  • Options
    Phil
    I, play the Ultimate fool..
    Sincerely, the most self deprecating, soul, on the Planet
    Wish, yourself, your good lady, your (son)s? Best wishes, been their, seen it, helped.. ALL.. all..
    Here, Supremely ZERO, prejudice, ever, Never, if only, the boss really knew..
    Best Wishes, to you, all, everyone..
    Seen it, been there, 'seen "it, own eyes, up close, personal'
    Evidence based, and, prior, would again, given every last 1p,,on occasion, misjudged..
    But, more, More than Happy, to face Judgement Day..
    With the lot, the Whole Lot, laid out, as evidence, in front of X good women & men, true..
    I know, some on here, CANT, do, say that that..
    Paul. X
  • Options
    'Phil'..
    If?..
    Two crackerjacks knocking around,..
    Levels You Devils
    or, an edge,
    8-11 6-4 tie, dead heat, draw no bet
    One, should be 1-33
    Tuther.. 999-1.. and, that's skinny...
    You, work out, which one.
    Have, few pennies, Ahdad, early, Lingers Ed Dunlop, Diane O'Neil.. Thursday..
    73,..official,its 90s. minimum..
    Paul.
  • Options
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I think that the Government deserve credit for the way they have dealt with the various economic payments. It's not perfect, but it is very good. Cannot agree with the Labour Mayors calling for 80%/100% of pay. There is no magic money tree-this is all going to have to be paid back via taxes at some stage.

Watched the "scientists" this morning at their press conference. Disgraceful. Avoided answering every difficult question posed. I get that Politicians avoid answering anything, but Scientists?

Where is the "science" for closing pubs at 10? In reality, the only evidence will be excess alcohol intake. Why can't publicans be trusted to police this responsibly?

Their answer about schools not being a problem defied belief. It's not the children that are getting sick-it's the teachers, the bus drivers, the dinner ladies. When a teacher is self-isolating the whole year stay at home-there is no Plan B.

They presented as "facts" graphs containing 4 groups of people. 0-15, 16-60, 60-85, and 85-plus. And extrapolated figures as though they were all equally-sized. Whereas 85-plus is less than 2% of the population.

And studiously avoided mentioning Nottingham at all. As though numbers don't matter.

I would agree, and think that many people would have been surprised by how comprehensive the financial package was.
    Although there were a few groups that were completely omitted.
    The down side is that the original package has set a precedent in some peoples eyes, and any future reduced packages will be greeted with less warmth.
    A line will have to be drawn at some point.
    Repaying the money is likely to be painful for all of us, irrespective of how we have individually benefitted.
    It will be interesting to see how much money the government has been conned out of in respect of false claims.
    I said on the confusion thread that the curfew has probably increased the number of infections, rather than reduced them.
    Uni students returning now seems pointless.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

misterpj said:

Phil..?
    That's, what it is mate.
    A get up... It is.

This is only the Government's fault in 1 sense.

We used to have a system in England where schools were all run by County Councils. That could provide a coherent system for education.

Until some moron decided that they could save a few quid by letting individual Trusts run schools outside that system via "academies". Who, in turn franchise out various jobs to outsourcing companies. And have little or no idea how to run schools, but run scared at the thought of being sued if people contract the disease at work.

The virus is real. It genuinely has major effects upon our way of life.

But it is made worse by people running around flailing their arms in the air as though there has never been a pandemic before.

So-6 ill people. None have died (I believe none hospitalised). 5 were in protective bubbles socially distanced from the kids. Resulting in 1600 kids not going to school. Impacting upon hundreds (if not thousands) of jobs of staff and parents. With 0 working days' notice.
    The Government seems to be more concerned about sound bites, than details.
    Many of them appear on telly for interviews, are very confident with the prepared sound bites, but struggle when questioned about details.

They often seem to be strangers to the truth.
    The Government claims that the latest measures were agreed with local leaders.
    Yet local leaders seem to be unanimous in that the latest restrictions were forced on them rather than negotiated.