You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Essexphil's UKOPS diary

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    edited April 2020
    So any re-entries while the field is intact don't affect it one iota, and as the tourney progresses the average rating will rise anyway.

How is it possible to have re-entries if the field is intact @HAYSIE ? :*

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,985
    MISTY4ME said:

So any re-entries while the field is intact don't affect it one iota, and as the tourney progresses the average rating will rise anyway.

How is it possible to have re-entries if the field is intact @HAYSIE ? :*

Say if you have 10 bust outs in the first 10 minutes, and they all re-enter, the average player rating remains exactly the same, and the field would be intact, providing there were no late entries during this time.

It is possible to have an average player rating when a tourney kicks off, but this changes one minute after the start, as players bust out, some re-enter, late entries etc.
    So the average player rating is constantly changing from the word go, although these will only be slight changes.
    The tourney could completely change if lets say 40 very good players late entered, but you couldn't forsee that when you entered.
    I am not sure the average player knows, or even cares about this stuff.

There have been 3 new tourneys started in the afternoon that I have been playing.
    They are £22 bounty hunters, they were guaranteed at 2k, that has been reduced to £1500, and they need re-entries to help cover the guarantees.
    If you stopped re-entries they would probably drop to £1200, then a few players would drop off and you would be down to a grand.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    It was just a very small point of grammar...... that if the field is intact...... no one has Bust-out.

But you're definitely right, most people don't care about this stuff :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

It was just a very small point of grammar...... that if the field is intact...... no one has Bust-out.

But you're definitely right, most people don't care about this stuff :)

Wouldn't it be intact if all the players that had bust out, had re-entered?

The point I was making was, if that was the case then the average player rating remains the same, which is not was alluded to earlier in the thread.
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    @Essexphil Just reading another thread (was trying to work out what a big weekend bounty hunter was) and noticed that @Tikay10 posted that the Summit bounty hunter is now limited to a single rebuy. As I said above I don't think it could be much of a problem as I did 5 of the rebuys that night and there were only 40 in total. Given I had no plans to do this again anytime soon I think I had probably single handidly fixed this by myself I don't think there was an ongoing issue, but good of Tikay to save me in future from tilt rebuys (though not sure that was the intention.

He has also cut the Sunday major to one rebuy and that was probably better for the eco system.

FWIW The big weekend is just a 110 bounty hunter is just a new tournament with a new name (it is effectively a summit)

PS @Tikay10 if you start a £22 or £33 plo8 at a decent time (7 is too early), promise I'd play it. Weds, Friday are good if taking requests :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    Doooobs said:

@Essexphil Just reading another thread (was trying to work out what a big weekend bounty hunter was) and noticed that @Tikay10 posted that the Summit bounty hunter is now limited to a single rebuy. As I said above I don't think it could be much of a problem as I did 5 of the rebuys that night and there were only 40 in total. Given I had no plans to do this again anytime soon I think I had probably single handidly fixed this by myself I don't think there was an ongoing issue, but good of Tikay to save me in future from tilt rebuys (though not sure that was the intention.

He has also cut the Sunday major to one rebuy and that was probably better for the eco system.

FWIW The big weekend is just a 110 bounty hunter is just a new tournament with a new name (it is effectively a summit)

PS @Tikay10 if you start a £22 or £33 plo8 at a decent time (7 is too early), promise I'd play it. Weds, Friday are good if taking requests :)

@Doooobs

Morning David. I'm hoping to catch up on Next Door soon, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day.

Correct as to the "Big Weekend Bounty Hunter", it' effectively a weekend Summit. Just Friday & Saturday though, so it runs again tonight.

As to the PLO8, Sky Poker have had their fingers burned way too many times on PLO or PLO8, so I'm not sure that kite will ever fly again.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    As to the PLO8, Sky Poker have had their fingers burned way too many times on PLO or PLO8, so I'm not sure that kite will ever fly again.

Why does everything have to have guarantee on Sky? Why not put some PLO8 or PLO higher buy ins up and if they only get a few runners then so be it, with no guarantees it won't cost Sky anything.
  • Options
    Enut said:

Why does everything have to have guarantee on Sky? Why not put some PLO8 or PLO higher buy ins up and if they only get a few runners then so be it, with no guarantees it won't cost Sky anything.

Not sure I've ever seen an online poker MTT without a Guarantee.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    the head hunter nightly no prize pool just er head prizes
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

the head hunter nightly no prize pool just er head prizes

Got me in one.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

gpc70 said: