You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Essexphil's UKOPS diary

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    MAXALLY said:

and bumped into Tony St Clair and Giant Haystacks

You bumped into Giant Haystacks? Was the cafe still standing after ;)

Think i was 18 inches shorter, and 30 stone lighter than him at the time :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Thursday Recap-April 9th

Played 4-39/41/42/44.
    Lost a flip. Busted with AA twice. Reraised serial raiser the 1 time he actually had it.

Debating whether to have a day off today...
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Essexphil said:

Thursday Recap-April 9th

Played 4-39/41/42/44.
    Lost a flip. Busted with AA twice. Reraised serial raiser the 1 time he actually had it.

Only to rise again.....

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Essexphil said:

Thursday Recap-April 9th

Played 4-39/41/42/44.

Them measurements in inches or centimetres? 😉

Was good to share the PL08 table with you chaps, agree it’s most fun and frustrating, similar to Silas in The Davinci Code 😊

Good Luck for rest of UKOPS Phil.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Essexphil said:

Thursday Recap-April 9th

Played 4-39/41/42/44.

Them measurements in inches or centimetres? 😉

Was good to share the PL08 table with you chaps, agree it’s most fun and frustrating, similar to Silas in The Davinci Code 😊

Good Luck for rest of UKOPS Phil.
    Thanks Tom.

I love and hate PLO8, all at the same time :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Can always tell when need a short break.

Just the 1 UKOPS-AQ no match for A7.

Favourite hand of the day? 5 limpers to my BB in a Bounty Hunter. I have A10 suited, so snap shove.

Snap called in middle position by...7 6.
    The fact I lost is neither here nor there. So long as people are calling with 7 6 there, money to be made...

Back tomorrow-gl all
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    i know how you feel,keep plugging away .gl
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Thanks.

Not all doom and gloom.
    Only left in 1 tounament. But it is my favourite, the PLO8 one. And I'm on the final Table....
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Essexphil said:

stokefc said:

Thanks.

Not all doom and gloom.
    Only left in 1 tounament. But it is my favourite, the PLO8 one. And I'm on the final Table....
    glglgl, tid
  • Options
    SR23 said:

Essexphil said:

stokefc said:

Thanks.

Not all doom and gloom.
    glglgl, tid
    Too late, 5th. Played 1 hand badly, got unlucky in a 2nd in a way that is pretty much inevitable in PLO8. But it cheered me up...
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Them's the PLO8 breaks I suppose but good to hear it cheered you up dude and gl for the dog-end of UKOPs
  • Options
    Everyone has their favourite days for poker.

Sunday is my favourite, probably true for most people.

My least favourite overall is Saturday. Prefer to play live on a Saturday, or see relatives-back when you could. Also not that keen on Sky's Friday offering, so often playing on other sites then.

Can't get going today. And the worst thing to do is to play poker when not in the mood.

Back tomorrow. Already got a seat in the Main, and will probably play a few others.
    Until then, good luck to the other UKOPS diarists.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Essexphil said:

stokefc said:

Thanks.

Not all doom and gloom.
    Have you been keepin an eye on the Phil Galfond PLO challenge ?.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Essexphil said:

stokefc said:

Thanks.

Not all doom and gloom.
    Have you been keepin an eye on the Phil Galfond PLO challenge ?.
    No. Never been one for watching other people in challenges and the like.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Essexphil said:

My least favourite overall is Saturday. Prefer to play live on a Saturday, or see relatives-back when you could. Also not that keen on Sky's Friday offering, so often playing on other sites then.

Can't get going today. And the worst thing to do is to play poker when not in the mood.

Back tomorrow. Already got a seat in the Main, and will probably play a few others.

Wow! Friday's main and mini are probably my favourite.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Essexphil said:

Wow! Friday's main and mini are probably my favourite.
    I like the £33 Mains. Much softer fields than on the Friday...
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Hi Phil
    Hope your main goes better than mine . Two hours in never got more than a thousand above starting stack, I river a set of sixes, call an all in shove that has my 9000 covered, not expecting to see the 52 off that rivered his straight.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Any entries regarding me are lies! Pretty sick one that.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    MattBates said:

Any entries regarding me are lies! Pretty sick one that.

Ha!
    I'll get round to that.

Here's the run I'm on:-every tournament tonight has been like that.

The only difference was that on your bad beat, unlike every other one, you played the hand correctly. Whereas every other beat tonight is telling me loud and clear to go and play elsewhere...

I don't believe in doom switches. But right now, the only other site i have ever run like this is Stars. And I don't play there any more.
  • Options
    That will be my last night on Sky Poker for a while.

There is no such thing as a doom switch. But it is like old-fashioned bookmakers-if the horse you backed falls at the last regularly when you bet at Coral, you change bookies. It's as simple as that.

Hand of the night was in a non-UKOPS before 7 pm. Me-AKs. Button raises, I re-raise, he calls. Flop A65-I bet, he calls. Turn 3, I bet, he shoves. and shows....4 2 off. Exactly the same happened yesterday.

Event 58. Got lucky with AKs v AA. Then got rivered AA v J10. Shoved last 10 bigs with AK. Called by 89. River 8.

Event 60. I have AA in the BB. @MattBates has KK in the SB. River K. Not blaming Matt-he can never fold KK there. But I have never lost with AA all-in pre as often as I have in the last month.

Event 61. Was going reasonably well. Trying not to tilt after Event 60. Not helped by losing a chunk to someone who I assume had just re-entered after the re-entry period. (I had moved tables, and the BB had exactly starting stack). I have been playing poker for 15 years. I have never known a rebuy or re-entry period to be missed before today. I have to say, for the first time, that gives me Trust issues with this site.

Event 62. UTG shoves for about 1.5BB. UTG plus 1 reshoves for 23 bigs. With A 6 off. I snap call with a decent pair in the BB. River A.

I'll be back.

But not for a while.

Have fun

Phil