You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How do you feel about a virus vaccination?

Answers

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    VespaPX said:

You don't half read some loonies.

That one single-handedly confounded Darwin's theory.
    My favourite bit was where he claimed that aborted foetuses were sneaked into the US food chain...
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited May 2020

The irony lies with obesity and symptoms related to it, overwhelming the NHS.
    I’ve already stated anybody can applaud on a Thursday.
    In fact, if I was obese with this virus around, I’d clap that bit harder.
    If it wasn’t for the fact that care homes were mismanaged, by whoever, then obese folk with associated conditions would be far and away the most at risk, and be a the top the category for recorded deaths.If obese folk don’t realize that they will highly likely drain the NHS in the future, their kids too, then the irony is lost.
    Of course the NHS workers are doing a grand job, but somebody in the powers never relayed the fact that the best way to give a critically ill patient the best chance of recovery , was the prone position. The reason this isn’t the usual technique used,is because the patient could suffer a cardiac arrest whilst on their front. This would make giving CPR impossible.

I’m not quite sure what this fat shaming term is, sounds like some PC of sorts.
    If somebody is obese, then thats what they are.
    We’re not talking about two chubby kids in the playground, we’re talking about millions of folks.
    I’m feeling like a “ whistle blower” on obesity, it must be a taboo subject.
    Glossing over the subject will make it worse imo.

Stay alert......stay away....🍔🌭🍿🍩........bit more🤸‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏋️‍♀️.
    Catch ya later😘
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
    Essexphil said:

VespaPX said:

My favourite bit was where he claimed that aborted foetuses were sneaked into the US food chain...
    https://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/17/health/fetal-tissue-explainer/index.html
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

Essexphil said:

VespaPX said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/17/health/fetal-tissue-explainer/index.html
    A badly-wriiten, misleading article.
    What a surprise.

1. Which part of this has any relevance to the food chain?
    2. What the article avoids saying is that, in the 1960s, 2 (yes, 2) foetuses were used to create artificial cells. Which have created in excess of 300 million vaccines. None of which have any foetal cells whatsoever.
    3. Do you believe that the word "gullible" does not appear in the dictionary?
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,953
    chilling said:

The irony lies with obesity and symptoms related to it, overwhelming the NHS.
    I’ve already stated anybody can applaud on a Thursday.
    In fact, if I was obese with this virus around, I’d clap that bit harder.
    If it wasn’t for the fact that care homes were mismanaged, by whoever, then obese folk with associated conditions would be far and away the most at risk, and be a the top the category for recorded deaths.If obese folk don’t realize that they will highly likely drain the NHS in the future, their kids too, then the irony is lost.
    Of course the NHS workers are doing a grand job, but somebody in the powers never relayed the fact that the best way to give a critically ill patient the best chance of recovery , was the prone position. The reason this isn’t the usual technique used,is because the patient could suffer a cardiac arrest whilst on their front. This would make giving CPR impossible.

I’m not quite sure what this fat shaming term is, sounds like some PC of sorts.
    If somebody is obese, then thats what they are.
    We’re not talking about two chubby kids in the playground, we’re talking about millions of folks.
    I’m feeling like a “ whistle blower” on obesity, it must be a taboo subject.
    Glossing over the subject will make it worse imo.

Stay alert......stay away....🍔🌭🍿🍩........bit more🤸‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏋️‍♀️.
    Catch ya later😘

Really, to be a whistle blower, you would have to be the first person in the world to notice that some people are fat.
    I don't intend responding any further as I feel that any further response can only draw attention to your poorly thought out, uneducated, idiotic posts on this topic.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Ignorant?🙄 I go by what I personally see, hear and read.Some don’t like the new findings of research.
    I do actually know a fair amount about mental health issues and wellness.
    My dad was in hospital for months with a slipped disc when I was a teenager.
    On coming out, he was prescribed Valium,which was on a repeat prescription.
    Unfortunately, when he no longer needed it, my mum took it.
    She was hooked on it for 20+yrs.
    It was only in the 80’s, when a new health Centre was built, and their systems were updated, that my mum had to come clean.Their system should that this man had been on Valium for a ridiculous amount of time. So they stopped the prescription, which put my mum in Abraham Cowley ( psychiatric hospital) for two months.
    My dad worked nights, so I had to look after the house myself,and sort him out.
    So for the following 40+years, she’s suffered with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, palpitations etc. I know plenty .
    It’s got to be obvious,even to my fan club, that I’m wasn’t referring to anyone who has mental health issues and also being obese.
    I know a few women who work for the NHS and a chemist dispenser.
    The dispenser has worked in the same place for years, so she’s familiar with her customers, and their prescriptions.So, over the years she obviously notices their body sizes,with few getting slimmer, most getting bigger. Something is obviously not quite working out.
    3 years ago, I got an infection, went to a walk in on a Saturday,had an op that same day at 11pm.
    I hadn’t actually been to the doctors for 23 years. I wasn’t actually registered with a doc, they had taken me off their list.
    So, when I came out of hospital, I had five consecutive days in the Health Centre treatment room for packing changes.The waiting room on each day had what I would regard as obese 50+yrs olds in it, all with leg ulcers. I knew the treatment nurse through a mutual friend,and she said there’s next to no hope for most of them out there. They’re to heavy and aren’t prepared to make changes. They will probably be coming in for the rest of their lives. Ulcers are a nightmare to heal in the first place. Some had loads on both legs. Ulcers can get infected so easily.
    Another example why you shouldn’t be overweight.
    To cut a long story short, a mate who nearly hit 30stone had his two boys stop visiting him as he was becoming a mess, and ignored their advice. This was something quite odd, as he’d put them both through private schooling, to give them what he thought was the best chance in life.
    So when each of his sons produced a grandchild, he wasn’t going to see them.
    So he had a band fitted,strangely by the NHS, he was minted, and shed 11stone in the first year.
    When he compared old photos to new ones of himself, he could understand why they snubbed him for 4 years.He had no mental issues,owns lots of properties, thought he’d live as he’d like, until something made him get his act together. He looks far better,is healthier, and sees his grandchildren.

Fat club.
    Not viewed it recently, but it seemed to me that the more senior person in that group was achieving more than anyone else. He was the one who made changes and put a touch more effort in.
    In fact the heavier you are, the easier it is to lose weight,with little exercise.
    There’s a part 2 to this that explains how. I might post it later, not that anything this bad boy writes gets taken seriously. Because I’m ignorant and full of BS remember.
    But if there’s anyone who seriously wants to lose weight, it may help.
    Stay alert
    Shed fat. Save the NHS.Coming soon.
    Or maybe not.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Hi @chilling
    Hope you are well.
    I understand where you are coming from, and tbh I think you receive a lot of ‘ bad press’ ( some may be warranted but, well....)

Re your last post, Do you think the drug companies are partly responsible for the surge in obesity ?
    Reason I ask, I’m very close to a person who needs medication daily, without which they would be in a seriously bad place.
    A side effect of the medication is it increases their “ need to eat” ( for want of a better word)
    I want to encourage the person to “ eat healthily “, but when your mind is telling you you’re hungry pretty much all day, can you understand that it’s not as straight forward to “ Just stop eating so much” ?
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Hi @chilling
    Hope you are well.
    I understand where you are coming from, and tbh I think you receive a lot of ‘ bad press’ ( some may be warranted but, well....)

Re your last post, Do you think the drug companies are partly responsible for the surge in obesity ?
    Reason I ask, I’m very close to a person who needs medication daily, without which they would be in a seriously bad place.
    A side effect of the medication is it increases their “ need to eat” ( for want of a better word)
    I want to encourage the person to “ eat healthily “, but when your mind is telling you you’re hungry pretty much all day, can you understand that it’s not as straight forward to “ Just stop eating so much” ?

There are so many reasons.
    For instance so many people that give up smoking, find themselves eating far more.
    Both things are bad for you.
    Probably eating more is the best of two evils.
    I think you should live and let live.
    I also don't think you should **** people off, for merely showing their appreciation for the brave NHS staff.
    Or think that they are somehow less entitled to do so.
    Many things in life are not completely black or white.
    There are many grey areas.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

Hi @chilling
    Hope you are well.

For instance so many people that give up smoking, find themselves eating far more.
    I also don't think you should **** people off, for merely showing their appreciation for the brave NHS staff.
    Women after delivering babies?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

Hi @chilling
    Hope you are well.

Women after delivering babies?
    Women during menopause?
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Does anyone want to start a thread on obesity so we can get this one back on track?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Phantom66 said:

Does anyone want to start a thread on obesity so we can get this one back on track?

Fat chance :)

PS. Trust this Government more than I trust Covid-19, so would go for the vaccination
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Essexphil said:

Phantom66 said:

PS. Trust this Government more than I trust Covid-19, so would go for the vaccination
    “Trust” and “ This Government “ in the same sentence? 😏
    Pushing it a bit there Phil...

At present, I’m in the don’t know camp, they’d have to be much more up front with truth about the risks for me to take a vaccine, I already know the risk of not having one.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited May 2020
    tomgoodun said:

Essexphil said:

Phantom66 said:

“Trust” and “ This Government “ in the same sentence? 😏
    Pushing it a bit there Phil...

At present, I’m in the don’t know camp, they’d have to be much more up front with truth about the risks for me to take a vaccine, I already know the risk of not having one.
    They have given us good reason to be wary over the years so trust is not going to come easy.

Still no answer by the end of the week. Thinking more no than yes.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061288

It's begun.

Will be watching with interest

Cammy
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

It's begun.

for some pe
    Cammy

There is no real choice for some people.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Essexphil said:

Phantom66 said:

Also no-one's mentioned how much flour you would use? :p:#:s
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

It's begun.

for some pe
    Cammy

Who are some people dare I ask? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

It's begun.

for some pe
    Cammy

Who are some people dare I ask? :open_mouth:
    Anyone at serious risk, fat people, old people, diabetics, smokers past and present, BAME communities, anyone suffering from a respiratory disease, etc, etc.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Cammykaze said:

tomgoodun said:

Cammykaze said:

The Donald looking at Hydroxychloroquine as an alternative. Assume it's taken orally rather than used as a vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52717161

What have US health officials said?
    The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last month issued an advisory saying that hydroxychloroquine has "not been shown to be safe and effective".
    It cited reports that the drug can cause serious heart rhythm problems in Covid-19 patients.
    The FDA warned against use of the medication outside hospitals, where the agency has granted temporary authorisation for its use in some cases. Clinical trials of the drug are also under way.
    The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says there are no approved drugs or therapeutics to prevent or treat Covid-19, which is confirmed to have infected more than 1.5 million people in the US, killing more than 90,000 patients.

Anyone think the Trump has shares in the company perchance?

FDA are interested in patents and telling people what to do. I still haven't quite forgiven them for approving sugar substitutes/sweeteners outwith plants. We are fatter, unhealthier and have more mental health issues per capita than likely ever before. I am a little bias on them for sure.

Can't put all in the above paragraph down to the FDA of course, that would be a bit silly :)

I am big on vitamins, diet, general well-being and taking responsibility for yourself.

I would not be shocked to hear if Trump has shares in anything he promotes, he is a businessman/salesman after all :smiley:
    He’s also the POTUS , a position which holds great responsibility, and promoting drugs which will cause harm to certain people is truly shocking.

Trouble is, when it’s pointed out to his supporters just how badly he handles certain things, there’s the shrug of the shoulders ( as per your reply) and a “ That’s just the way he is” mentality.

It’s scary that he has so many supporters, people who think like him, and will take this drug just on his say so.
    I am more a supporter of Trump than Obama or Bush before him.

Here is one reason

https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/trump-wants-to-rein-in-intelligence-agen-id581269218?chan=6g5ka85

Cammy