You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How do you feel about a virus vaccination?

1235»

Answers

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Cammykaze said:

tomgoodun said:

Cammykaze said:

tomgoodun said:

Cammykaze said:

The Donald looking at Hydroxychloroquine as an alternative. Assume it's taken orally rather than used as a vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52717161

What have US health officials said?
    The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last month issued an advisory saying that hydroxychloroquine has "not been shown to be safe and effective".
    It cited reports that the drug can cause serious heart rhythm problems in Covid-19 patients.
    The FDA warned against use of the medication outside hospitals, where the agency has granted temporary authorisation for its use in some cases. Clinical trials of the drug are also under way.
    The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says there are no approved drugs or therapeutics to prevent or treat Covid-19, which is confirmed to have infected more than 1.5 million people in the US, killing more than 90,000 patients.

Anyone think the Trump has shares in the company perchance?

FDA are interested in patents and telling people what to do. I still haven't quite forgiven them for approving sugar substitutes/sweeteners outwith plants. We are fatter, unhealthier and have more mental health issues per capita than likely ever before. I am a little bias on them for sure.

Can't put all in the above paragraph down to the FDA of course, that would be a bit silly :)

I am big on vitamins, diet, general well-being and taking responsibility for yourself.

I would not be shocked to hear if Trump has shares in anything he promotes, he is a businessman/salesman after all :smiley:
    He’s also the POTUS , a position which holds great responsibility, and promoting drugs which will cause harm to certain people is truly shocking.

Trouble is, when it’s pointed out to his supporters just how badly he handles certain things, there’s the shrug of the shoulders ( as per your reply) and a “ That’s just the way he is” mentality.

It’s scary that he has so many supporters, people who think like him, and will take this drug just on his say so.
    I am more a supporter of Trump than Obama or Bush before him.

Here is one reason

https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/trump-wants-to-rein-in-intelligence-agen-id581269218?chan=6g5ka85

Cammy
    Obama was ' trying' to effect changes for the good of the American people, Trump is only making changes for one person's benefit... I think I might even buy John Bolton's latest book!
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    Thought Obama was a bit of a non-entity and from what I gather did not achieve very much.

He looked and spoke the the part. Stayed up to watch his, I think, inauguration speech. It was spell-binding and thought he was the one President the people could look to.

Talk of getting the troops out of Afghanistan didn't materialise and think the troop count actually increased under his stewardship.

Also Guantanamo Bay was to be closed and that did not go anywhere either. Again, from my reading, the situation worsened.

It would be unfair to blame this all on Obama and there was some positive talk of the Health System change for the better so that's a plus.

Yes, 'trying' and perhaps unfortunately did not reap many benefits for the people.

Will go to something a wise man told me once. You can't overhaul things in 8 years, that is a generational project.

It's glory hunting small wins in that time period. At least a country like Russia has a de facto leader in Putin who has been in power for many years so they have a chance at real change.

Cammy
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Perhaps a black man trying to change the whole gammon establishment was too much, too soon...
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
    madprof said:

Cammykaze said:

tomgoodun said:

Cammykaze said:

tomgoodun said:

Cammykaze said:

The Donald looking at Hydroxychloroquine as an alternative. Assume it's taken orally rather than used as a vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52717161

What have US health officials said?
    The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last month issued an advisory saying that hydroxychloroquine has "not been shown to be safe and effective".
    It cited reports that the drug can cause serious heart rhythm problems in Covid-19 patients.
    The FDA warned against use of the medication outside hospitals, where the agency has granted temporary authorisation for its use in some cases. Clinical trials of the drug are also under way.
    The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says there are no approved drugs or therapeutics to prevent or treat Covid-19, which is confirmed to have infected more than 1.5 million people in the US, killing more than 90,000 patients.

Anyone think the Trump has shares in the company perchance?

FDA are interested in patents and telling people what to do. I still haven't quite forgiven them for approving sugar substitutes/sweeteners outwith plants. We are fatter, unhealthier and have more mental health issues per capita than likely ever before. I am a little bias on them for sure.

Can't put all in the above paragraph down to the FDA of course, that would be a bit silly :)

I am big on vitamins, diet, general well-being and taking responsibility for yourself.

I would not be shocked to hear if Trump has shares in anything he promotes, he is a businessman/salesman after all :smiley:
    He’s also the POTUS , a position which holds great responsibility, and promoting drugs which will cause harm to certain people is truly shocking.

Trouble is, when it’s pointed out to his supporters just how badly he handles certain things, there’s the shrug of the shoulders ( as per your reply) and a “ That’s just the way he is” mentality.

It’s scary that he has so many supporters, people who think like him, and will take this drug just on his say so.
    I am more a supporter of Trump than Obama or Bush before him.

Here is one reason

https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/trump-wants-to-rein-in-intelligence-agen-id581269218?chan=6g5ka85

Cammy
    Obama was ' trying' to effect changes for the good of the American people, Trump is only making changes for one person's benefit... I think I might even buy John Bolton's latest book!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Step_Act