You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Masters League - Weekly Low Stakes Leaderboard

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321
    bbMike said:

Instead of screenshotting and uploading could you not just submit the lobby URL? I don’t know how long the links stay live but if it’s just a weekly thing it should be ok?

@bbMike

As far as I know, the Lobby Links only remain "live" for about 48 hours. I'm not 100% certain on that, but I believe that's the case.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,357
    NOSTRI said:

mumsie said:

Hi Nostri.

Ive sent a test.

I realise now its maybe not what you want.

I'm getting a 404 on that link. Make sure it's set to allow anonymous views.
    Ah, ok, ill try again , a few variations.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    If we are doing the screenshot do we need to fill in the link section on the form, or do we just upload the screenshot?
  • Options
    @mumsie, do you have a guide on how to a screenshot, as there were a few people asking how to do one the other day.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    This trial period has thrown up a problem that could potentially be a nightmare.

Maybe someone could send a screen shot and they have no way of knowing if its successful?
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    waller02 said:

If we are doing the screenshot do we need to fill in the link section on the form, or do we just upload the screenshot?

One or the other. I've edited the form to make that a bit clearer.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

@mumsie, do you have a guide on how to a screenshot, as there were a few people asking how to do one the other day.

I added a link for that to the OP. Forgot to mention.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

This trial period has thrown up a problem that could potentially be a nighmare.

Maybe someone could send a screen shot and they have no way of knowing if its successful?

If they upload it, the form should tell them whether it's been successfully uploaded or not.

If they choose to upload it elsewhere and include a link, they can check themselves before they submit it.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Tikay10 said:

bbMike said:

Instead of screenshotting and uploading could you not just submit the lobby URL? I don’t know how long the links stay live but if it’s just a weekly thing it should be ok?

@bbMike

As far as I know, the Lobby Links only remain "live" for about 48 hours. I'm not 100% certain on that, but I believe that's the case.
    Ok. Just trying to think of ways to reduce admin for both sides. Thought if you didn’t need to upload a file it might skip the need to have a Google account.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    waller02 said:

II should add, even though you need only to post do one option, you could still do both.

Also a mobile phone photo will work too.

And the FORM is accessable via mobile phone too.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    @NOSTRI

If they upload it, the form should tell them whether it's been successfully uploaded or not.

Sorry, I wasnt clear.

What I mean is.

I didnt realise I needed to allow sharing of my screenshot so you could view it , you had to alert me in the forum that i was unsuccessful , that sort of a nightmare.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    mumsie said:

@NOSTRI

Sorry, I wasnt clear.

What I mean is.

I didnt realise I needed to allow sharing of my screenshot so you could view it , you had to alert me in the forum that i was unsuccessful , that sort of a nightmare.

Understood. You still could check that yourself, though. Open it in a private browsing window.

Not the end of the world anyway. If I come across a non-working link I'll just drop a note in this forum and @ the person who uploaded it.
  • Options
    One more quick announcement.
    MattBates said:

Personally I think the games that already have leagues/prizes shouldn't be included otherwise its double bubble for those particular games so I wouldn't include the Monday night games but I would also take out the orfordable.

We've decided to remove the Orfordable from the list of tournaments for this reason.
  • Options
    This could be an issue I agree. Sending a screenshot doesn't take long at all and is a simple task, but we have to consider that there will still be people who will be unsure about how to do one. This could put people off when choosing whether or not to register.

The only other option is to rely on honesty but as @NOSTRI says, if this comp does grow week on week there could always be a chance of fraudulent results being posted by a random player. I'm not saying that will be the case but you can't guarantee that it wouldn't happen.
  • Options
    I must admit that I don't know how to set a screenshot to allow anonymous views
  • Options
    On the form, could you add comments field.

It might be useful for feedback .

Im imagining a scenario where someone has a query so they come to the forum to ask and your not sure which tournament they are talking about.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

This could be an issue I agree. Sending a screenshot doesn't take long at all and is a simple task, but we have to consider that there will still be people who will be unsure about how to do one. This could put people off when choosing whether or not to register.

The only other option is to rely on honesty but as @NOSTRI says, if this comp does grow week on week there could always be a chance of fraudulent results being posted by a random player. I'm not saying that will be the case but you can't guarantee that it wouldn't happen.

Believe it or not there are those of us who are otherwise reasonably compos mentis who don't know how to take or send a screenshot.

Can someone explain in simple terms how it's done?

• Options
    waller02 said:

I must admit that I don't know how to set a screenshot to allow anonymous views

You are not alone Ryan.

And I'm not being critical of the organiser's processes, not at all, but some of us are less tech-savvy than others.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Believe it or not there are those of us who are otherwise reasonably compos mentis who don't know how to take or send a screenshot.

Can someone explain in simple terms how it's done?

Yes I agree and I also feel it might stop people from taking part.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get around this issue?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    waller02 said:

Ultimately it's a question of sustainability.

In the short term, where there are not many results to go through and most of the entrants are familiar to the regulars here, this isn't a major issue and the honor system will work just fine.

In the future, where there are potentially a lot of results and relative strangers competing, it's less clear how well that will work. If @Tikay10 is correct about the lobby links not lasting long, it's not going to be easy to retroactively determine whether someone has been dishonest in reporting their results.

This seemed to me to be the easiest and lowest effort way to make sure things stay fair for everyone. Alternatives are welcomed, of course.

For reference, the easiest way to upload a screenshot is:

1. Follow the instructions HERE
    2. Upload it to http://imgur.com (no account needed) and use the provided link