You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Comments

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    VespaPX said:

Where were all the protests, wall to wall media coverage, celebrity outrage, etc when thousands of white british children were being systematically targeted and abused?

The MSM here are helping focus attention on BLM and the EPL returning at the moment.

What you post is from my understanding a much bigger issue and it is quite obvious (to me at least) these sorts of stories are being at least a little suppressed.

Cammy
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    Phantom66 said:

VespaPX said:

Where were all the protests, wall to wall media coverage, celebrity outrage, etc when thousands of white british children were being systematically targeted and abused?

Welcome back to the thread, been quiet for a while since the white racists were disgracing themselves, the English and Unions flags, Police heroes and Churchill himself.

You do remember from previous discussions that vast majority of sexual abuse in the UK is white on white?

Jimmy Saville, the catholic church, football academies and yes the asian "grooming gangs" have all been given extensive widespread coverage.
    That's a bit generic dont you think?
    Asia is a big continent.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    VespaPX said:
    A far better opinion on this was provided by Martin "Chariots" Offiah on Breakfast TV today, to whom this song was first sung in a Rugby match.

It is important to examine such things. But one of the most important criteria is the purpose behind it. No racism there whatsoever. By all means use it as a learning tool, as well. But no reason to stop singing it.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    VespaPX said:

Phantom66 said:

VespaPX said:

Welcome back to the thread, been quiet for a while since the white racists were disgracing themselves, the English and Unions flags, Police heroes and Churchill himself.

You do remember from previous discussions that vast majority of sexual abuse in the UK is white on white?

Jimmy Saville, the catholic church, football academies and yes the asian "grooming gangs" have all been given extensive widespread coverage.
    That's a bit generic dont you think?
    Asia is a big continent.

Is this specific enough for you...

Research by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (2011) about children who were groomed and sexually exploited by an offender they first met in a public place identified 1,217 offenders:

30 per cent were white
    28 per cent were Asian (11 were Bangladeshi, 45 were Pakistani and 290 were described as ‘Asian Other’).

Of their 2083 victims, 61 per cent were white, while just 3 per cent were Asian and 33 per cent were referred to as ‘other’

Remember that is young people groomed by adults they met in a public place the modus operandi of the so called "asian grooming gangs".

Above taken from:
    Aisha KGill, Karen Harrison: Child Grooming and Sexual Exploitation: Are South Asian Men the UK Media’s New Folk Devils?

Overall statisitics for child sexual abuse and exploitation are pretty much in line with the overall ethnicity breakdown of the population in terms of both perpetrator and victims.

Why do you think white right wing thugs tour the country organising demos in areas where "asian grooming gangs" have been prosecuted? Do you think there could be a racial motive for only highlighting these offences?

Do you want to carry on with your distraction techniques or would you care to offer your view finally on last Saturday's statue guarding? You have had plenty of time to think about it.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Katie Hopkins banned from Twitter.

You either think this is....

1) worlds gone mad and they are trying to curtail our free peaches.

or

2) long overdue for the disgusting racist, vile hag.

Thoughts and prayers Vespa, another tough day for you.
    Least you got to shoehorn grooming gangs into the thread in a totally none-racist way though so that was a small win for you.
  • Options

or

Least you got to shoehorn grooming gangs into the thread in a totally none-racist way though so that was a small win for you.

The new book burning some would say.

Do you know the reason for the ban?

Cammy
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

or

Cammy
    A new entry hits the top.

Would have thought that would be a little further down the list however......
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

or

Cammy
    You really need me to tell you why Katie Hopkins has finally been removed from Twitter?
  • Options

Cammykaze said:

or

Cammy
    You really need me to tell you why Katie Hopkins has finally been removed from Twitter?
    Why now? I don't know the reason no. She can be quite outspoken at times
  • Options
    @hhyftrftdr

I know your views are strong on this issue. Am genuinely interested.
  • Options
    You can post on the forum so I assume you have internet wherever you are.

I suggest doing a little research. Google is your friend for this.

It won't take you long to find the answers.

Bon voyage.
  • Options

Bon voyage.

I am aware of Google, think it started up in 1997ish or so and is quite a big search tool on the internet.

Was maybe looking for your opinion or to see if you know why she was banned.

Cammy
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Bon voyage.

I am aware of Google, think it started up in 1997ish or so and is quite a big search tool on the internet.

Was maybe looking for your opinion or to see if you know why she was banned.

Cammy
    She was banned for continually breaking Twitter's terms of service (shock horror, absolutely nothing to do with free peaches)

You asked 'why now?' Very good question, Twitter should've pulled the plug on the odious hag many years ago.

Better late than never.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

I never realised Hatie Hopkins had been Twitter banned. Truly wonderful news, the internet is a better place today.

Here, apparently, are the reasons;

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/katie-hopkins-twitter-banned-blocked-18456837
  • Options
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/katie-hopkins-twitter-banned-blocked-18456837

Couple of things.

What makes her right-wing?

What was her final tweet?

Do I agree with what she says all the time, no. The few things I have heard I tend to disagree with. The most conversational ones would get the most traction and they are likely the opinions I would most disagree with.

Twitter can do what they like and should ban her if she doesn't adhere to the Ts + Cs. It's their ball and all that.

It's a shame though that social media is such a big part of modern life and the main outlet for many at the moment. So big in fact that it was number 1 on most read on the BBC website yesterday.

A sign of the times.

Cammy
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

"So big in fact that it was number 1 on most read on the BBC website yesterday".

It was "so big" because all decent human beings abhor racism, & she is known by everyone to be exactly that.

We should never, ever, show a morsel of sympathy to racists.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    forgive my ignorance , who is she , i dont do twitter
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Couple of things.

What makes her right-wing?

What was her final tweet?

Do I agree with what she says all the time, no. The few things I have heard I tend to disagree with. The most conversational ones would get the most traction and they are likely the opinions I would most disagree with.

Twitter can do what they like and should ban her if she doesn't adhere to the Ts + Cs. It's their ball and all that.

It's a shame though that social media is such a big part of modern life and the main outlet for many at the moment. So big in fact that it was number 1 on most read on the BBC website yesterday.

A sign of the times.

Cammy

People who call refugees ''cockroaches'' and call for a final solution for Muslims tend to be right wing.

Can't work out if you've been living in a cave for 10 years or being deliberately obtuse?