You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    Don't spend time watching the news or MS websites and graze mostly. In 30 mins of observing yesterday I have seen.

1. BLM is a big topic

2.12 EPL games will be played with BLM with (I think) all players having the words "Black Lives Matter" on their shirts. Kneeling can be encouraged.

3. A Churchill statue was vandalised with the word "racist"

4. Boris/BoJo/Boris Johnston thinks it's "absurd and wrong"

5. There are British protests and curfew is looking to be set at 5pm

6. Faulty Towers episode reinstated

7. Brazil has the 2nd worst death toll worldwide on the virus

The 1st 5 are linked to BLM
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    VespaPX said:

That's bringing balance to the conversation
  • Options

VespaPX said:

That's bringing balance to the conversation
    Certainly is!
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Fawlty Towers now, that's it I'm off to live in Jura and start a rabbit sanctuary ( well whenever I'm allowed to drive more than 5 miles ), where's this going to stop.

I like what John Cleese has been saying in a few interviews I've seen.

Comedy/humour is at a premium now.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Beware the Covid and duping viruses .
    Stay alert.Easily led.
  • Options
    chilling said:

Beware the Covid and duping viruses .
    Stay alert.Easily led.

Stay confident :relaxed:
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    edited June 2020
    The problem then arises of how far back in history do you go? Throughout time the so called 'Superior' civilisations/empires have all been slave owners/traders from Egyptians,Romans,Ottoman,Mongol etc. That's a lot of history to delete.

I think this is very important, history that is.
    But for me its not about deleting it, the opposite in fact, teaching it.
    The curriculum should include these histories, for better or worse, in a lot more detail.
    The realities of empire are rarely explored in-depth.
    With greater knowledge comes a wider understanding, perspective, empathy and other vital ingredients to create dialogue.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    So today we've had patriotic Brits doing Nazi salutes at the police.
    Men, sorry patriots, with Nazi tattoos attempting to protect Churchill.
    And up in Newcastle we had a load of patriots protecting a statue of the prime minister who first abolished slavery in the UK.

Because BLM would've been desperate to pull that one down.

Think I might have gammon for tea.
  • Options
    But the highlight today for me was this gentleman.
    So full of emotion at the remembrance plaque for a policeman killed on duty by a terrorist, this patriot just couldn't hold in his tears.

It's purely a coincidence that his tears smell like urine.

• Options
    I think a Jury would struggle to come up with a guilty verdict, if it was to determine whether this “ gentleman” had a l ash on the plaque.
    £45 fine.
    If he got chopsy , another £40 to add on.
  • Options
    I don’t think it needs to go back 100’s of years.
    There have been 1000’s if not millions of successful black Americans during the last century and currently.
    CEO’s, sports folk, musicians, film stars, etc etc.
    A President who did an 8 year term.
    There seems to be lots of different things getting added to the mix that aren’t solely black skin problems.
    People living on top of each other is one big problem.
    In the 90’s, I worked on units that were meant for folks( mainly black) to move out of the concrete blocks , into better housing. Then pull the blocks down in Feltham.
    It seems that most areas are now going back to high rise, newer version, still on top of each other though.
    I don’t think there is oppression in the UK, as there are loads of opportunities.
    Certain aspects around policing might be an issue.
    Statues I’m not sure about.

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Still waiting for a Vespa update on this thread and his take on this weekend's protests.

The "Not far right" *cough* almost exclusively white male middle aged+ patriots "defending" the centotaph and Churchill's statue while urinating everywhere and singing Eng-Erland while giving Nazi salutes and attacking the police, throwing bottles and smoke bombs.

Led by walter mitty fake veterans, not a famous backer in sight. Even their tommy stayed at home.

It does worry me that your average racist will point at those scenes and say they don't represent me and consider themselves non-racist just because they do not act like extreme racists.
  • Options
    Say what you see. A mixture of racists and hooligans looking for trouble.
    Veterans aren’t appreciated as much as they should be, although some can’t wait to get out of the forces. For others though, it’s their life. There won’t be many players on here that have put their lives on the line, representing the country.
    There’s a reason why US police carry guns and ours mostly don’t.
    Most people hate fb, and the vids on there.
    But there are some very interesting , non fake vids on there at the minute.
    Quite clearly these recent troubles aren’t a black and white skinned issue only.
    From what I’ve viewed, there’s a large amount of black skinned folks that have a low opinion of themselves in the US. Which is very apparent when they are knocking the c rap out of each other.
    Stay Alert. There’s more to this than meets the eye.
  • Options
    chilling said:

Veterans aren’t appreciated as much as they should be, although some can’t wait to get out of the forces. For others though, it’s their life. There won’t be many players on here that have put their lives on the line, representing the country.
    Quite clearly these recent troubles aren’t a black and white skinned issue only.
    From what I’ve viewed, there’s a large amount of black skinned folks that have a low opinion of themselves in the US. Which is very apparent when they are knocking the c rap out of each other.

Can you elaborate on this point?
    I've read it a few times and I'm struggling so perhaps you can help me out.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I'm all for protesting but this is getting out of hand. the city of Leeds, according to the Daily Mail at least was generally peaceful. Glasgow was another story. Heard from someone who went saying it was quite nasty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8419293/Scottish-loyalists-Glasgow-clash-riot-police-hurl-missiles.html#v-4875773672065355587
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    chilling said:

It's a sad site.

It's the tailgaters that are the shame. As you say hooligans looking for bother. That's the one's you would like to see getting lifted.

Could well be more to this and from what I understand it's not going anywhere soon. :frowning:
  • Options
    edited June 2020

chilling said:

Can you elaborate on this point?
    I've read it a few times and I'm struggling so perhaps you can help me out.
    Yeah, nearly all the ones I’ve seen n igga is mentioned constantly.
    Also by the person that’s filming it.
    Just go on there and view.
    I don’t need to explain something I’ve seen and heard.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited June 2020
    Cammykaze said:

the city of Leeds, according to the Daily Mail at least was generally peaceful.

Can confirm.