You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    chilling said:

chilling said:

Say what you see. A mixture of racists and hooligans looking for trouble.
    Veterans aren’t appreciated as much as they should be, although some can’t wait to get out of the forces. For others though, it’s their life. There won’t be many players on here that have put their lives on the line, representing the country.
    There’s a reason why US police carry guns and ours mostly don’t.
    Most people hate fb, and the vids on there.
    But there are some very interesting , non fake vids on there at the minute.
    Quite clearly these recent troubles aren’t a black and white skinned issue only.
    From what I’ve viewed, there’s a large amount of black skinned folks that have a low opinion of themselves in the US. Which is very apparent when they are knocking the c rap out of each other.
    Stay Alert. There’s more to this than meets the eye.

Can you elaborate on this point?
    I've read it a few times and I'm struggling so perhaps you can help me out.
    Yeah, nearly all the ones I’ve seen n igga is mentioned constantly.
    Also by the person that’s filming it.
    Just go on there and view.
    I don’t need to explain something I’ve seen and heard.
    What sample size are we talking here?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    EvilPingu said:

Cammykaze said:

the city of Leeds, according to the Daily Mail at least was generally peaceful.

Can confirm.
    Good :)

In Glasgow I heard there were about 150 people defending the statues in Glasgow Green and George Square. There was about 40 BLM protesters. Nothing was vandalised as they were well protected.

I completely understand the protesting and it needs to stay peaceful with nothing being scribbled on. It's not an Caucasians vs people of colour thing.. really dislike this term.....

It's a big waste of police resources, some of which came in from Edinburgh. The police have CV to deal with, further assaults and more domestics than ever before.

If this carries on and kicks off will the Army be drafted in?

Cammy
  • Options
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ULJtBdI7Aj0

BLM from one Americans perspective.

"Comprised"
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    chilling said:

I think a Jury would struggle to come up with a guilty verdict, if it was to determine whether this “ gentleman” had a l ash on the plaque.
    £45 fine.
    If he got chopsy , another £40 to add on.

• Options

Silly boy!

An expensive lesson and the timing and placement of pee could not have been much worse with the hype surrounding the BLM and Anti-BLM movements.

Who has not been caught short and had a pee outside. Would tend to give the lad a pass and say it was not a statement.

16 pints in and no sleep while being caught short would not lead to a reasoned decision.

Cammy
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Cammykaze said:

Silly boy!

An expensive lesson and the timing and placement of pee could not have been much worse with the hype surrounding the BLM and Anti-BLM movements.

Who has not been caught short and had a pee outside. Would tend to give the lad a pass and say it was not a statement.

16 pints in and no sleep while being caught short would not lead to a reasoned decision.

Cammy

Been there but not quite 16 pints, in London after a Hyde park gig caught short and found a tree on Park lane....relief...it just wasn't next to a monument....

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    madprof said:

Cammykaze said:

Silly boy!

Cammy

Been there but not quite 16 pints, in London after a Hyde park gig caught short and found a tree on Park lane....relief...it just wasn't next to a monument....

https://youtu.be/plZRe1kPWZw
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    It's the MSM again at-it and making a massive deal about a pee when the poor guy had a couple of drinks.

He's certainly a naughty boy :D and doubt he was sensible enough in that moment to find a urinal. I would be mostly disappointed as a dad if my wee one got caught in that situation ;)

Cammy
  • Options
    I don't think the MSM have made anywhere near enough noise about Saturday.

The absolute dregs of society, these are the people who bring shame on this nation.

Not black people.
    Not refugees.
    Not asylum seekers.

These braindead morons who littered our streets with fascist salutes, p1ssing on a deceased cops memorial, getting drunk and fighting with the police (who incidentally, were there to protect their precious statues), chanting about how racist they are....utter scum and beneath contempt.

If you're a person who values a statue above equality for black people then you are also beneath contempt.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    MSM generally add fuel to the fire and get people's emotions going. I can't see this being any different. The wrong battles are maybe being fought here and it's not one for me so I will sit on the side-lines. Many, like yourself have very strong opinions on this one.

Skin tone or pigmentation does not change someone's life worth. Seems that could be idealistic thinking these days and from what I gather blacks in the US have been treated worse than whites by Police for many years. Can't say I know a lot about the issue in the UK in that regard.

This is quite clumsily typed as I am tired. Hopefully this makes some sense. :)

Cammy
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774

chilling said:

chilling said:

Veterans aren’t appreciated as much as they should be, although some can’t wait to get out of the forces. For others though, it’s their life. There won’t be many players on here that have put their lives on the line, representing the country.
    Quite clearly these recent troubles aren’t a black and white skinned issue only.
    From what I’ve viewed, there’s a large amount of black skinned folks that have a low opinion of themselves in the US. Which is very apparent when they are knocking the c rap out of each other.

Do you think I log the numbers of everything I see?
    I’ll just try and tot up the amount of pints I’ve had in my lifetime.
    So when two lads are tearing each up apart, the N word being used is not regarded as a slur in that context?
    Roughly translated it means “ mate, let’s have a cuddling contest”.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    How much was Paula Radcliffe fined?
    I know some were shocked and outraged by that.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Edit later
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    chilling said:

How much was Paula Radcliffe fined?
    I know some were shocked and outraged by that.

She's a sportswomen though ;) and a very good one.

Slightly off topic in some ways.

Surely I am not the only one fed up with the term 'blackface' and errr..... famous people apologising for things they have done in the past which seem racist to people in today's world.

PJ and Duncan being one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/52990831

Matt Lucas and David Walliams being another

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-13/matt-lucas-and-david-walliams-issue-apology-over-little-britain-blackface/

Howard Stern in the US for using the N word and doing blackface in 1993, yes 1993!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8422963/Howard-Stern-comes-fire-blackface-skit-use-N-word.html

Howard Stern was basing the skit on this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comedy/comedians/whoopi-goldberg-blackface-ted-danson-politically-incorrect-comedy/

Ted Danson and Whoopi Goldberg made a film called Made in America around 1992/93 as well.

Would post a video link to the video in question however it's not for all tastes and could be seen as racist today.

As Mr Belding would say.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76YUfvjuOc
  • Options
    chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

Do you think I log the numbers of everything I see?
    I’ll just try and tot up the amount of pints I’ve had in my lifetime.
    So when two lads are tearing each up apart, the N word being used is not regarded as a slur in that context?
    Roughly translated it means “ mate, let’s have a cuddling contest”.
    ''From what I’ve viewed, there’s a large amount of black skinned folks that have a low opinion of themselves in the US''

There are around 40m black people in America. You say, based on what you've viewed, that a large amount of those black people have a low opinion of themselves.
    So I was curious to know how many videos you've been watching to make such a bizarre claim.

Or was it just a sweeping generalisation based on nothing but your bigotry?
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    Where were all the protests, wall to wall media coverage, celebrity outrage, etc when thousands of white british children were being systematically targeted and abused?
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025

Before people stick the knife in for all the Daily Mail links he shares, remember this is a really tough time for Vespa at the moment.

Farage booted from his radio show.
    Tommy Robinson arrested, yet again.
    Statues of slave traders torn down.
    And a global movement championing long overdue equality for black people.

Thoughts and prayers pal, thoughts and prayers.

Daily Mail not the only rag with a chequered history:
    The left leaning Guardian:

"The Guardian took a pro-Confederate position during the American Civil War [167] [168][169] unlike other Northern working-class newspapers who opposed the pro-slave ownership Confederacy"
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    VespaPX said:

Where were all the protests, wall to wall media coverage, celebrity outrage, etc when thousands of white british children were being systematically targeted and abused?

Welcome back to the thread, been quiet for a while since the white racists were disgracing themselves, the English and Unions flags, Police heroes and Churchill himself.

You do remember from previous discussions that vast majority of sexual abuse in the UK is white on white?

Jimmy Saville, the catholic church, football academies and yes the asian "grooming gangs" have all been given extensive widespread coverage.