You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Racism.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,235
    bbMike said:

That case is really minor in the scheme of things, we can just agree that they’re boneheads just to move on.

What’s your opinion on language purging?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8488879/Estate-agents-banned-saying-master-bedroom-allusions-sexism-slavery.html

I think it is just silly and side tracks debate on the important stuff.

I also think that some of the protests create more division.

For me racism is about everyone being treated equally, and being allowed similar opportunities.

Its about having no discrimination against anyone.

Arguments about coco pops boxes, or master bedrooms dont improve life for anyone.

Anthony Joshua suggesting that black people should boycott white owned businesses is divisive.

As is having a black pound day.

I also think that the black face stuff is nonsense.
  • Options
    Memorial for dog named the 'N word' which died in 1902 is removed from graveyard
    A dog named the 'N word' passed away in 1902 and was given a gravestone
    Coventry City council have removed the memorial due to racial insensitivity
    The gravestone sat in Coombe Abbey Park in Warwickshire for decades

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8488865/Memorial-dog-racist-died-1902-removed-graveyard.html
  • Options
    bbMike said:

That case is really minor in the scheme of things, we can just agree that they’re boneheads just to move on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8488879/Estate-agents-banned-saying-master-bedroom-allusions-sexism-slavery.html

Some people involved in the debate are unable to see that.

I am now giving up trying to convince them.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

So if people break down a gate and walk through your land to see a neighbour of yours they arent trespassing???.

The road they were on was NOT a public highway FFS it was a private gated community with avenues, roads and driveways. It makes no difference if they are on his actual property, the residents of that community are the only ones with any legal right of access and egress. Anybody without a specific invite is a trespasser.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp, one wonders why you can't.

2-0 to TheEdge949 :)

I love Haysie however this time can't see a decent viewpoint from his side.

Normally I can, not here.

Cammy
    You can do it, its a very short article.

Try the video once more it one minute eight seconds.
    I have watched it three times now :)

Credit to the 1st 3 guys in the video and particularly the chap at the front. He seemed to know it was time to move on while the noisy ones continued to crack on. I would hope he has a role in this protest. That's the kind you need in there.

This is not a peaceful protest, this is a noisy emotion driven protest which is loud and is disrupting a likely quiet neighbourhood.

Peaceful is peace and quiet. I can't get to where you are at in thinking this is peaceful.

Cammy
    Where did you see all the megaphones?
    Heard them more than saw them. Sure I saw one at least.
    Where did you see it?

How can you hear a megaphone?
    My ears could be deceiving me however I may have heard one in the video.

My eyes could also be deceiving me as I am sure there is a megaphone in one of the pictures.

I agree that the couple, in particular Mr McCloskey had embellished things a little. He is a lawyer after all. :)

Cammy
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    bbMike said:

:)

It's language control and I think we are on the same boat with what is happening here I believe BBmike.

Master bedroom or Primary/Main/Principal etc should be interchangeable. We should not look to curtail language and instead use these 4 terms as we wish.

Cammy
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

bbMike said:

It’s not unreasonable to fear for your life and property when a crowd enters private land and similar protests have witnessed graffiti, looting, burning. Whether waving a gun around is the best way to placate is debatable.

Not sure why they were protesting in this particular place, perhaps that also adds some context.

It’s all very strange the constant filming from the mob, or of any perceived racist encounters, just ready to upload and light the touch paper. Reminds me of the Black Mirror episode of the convict in captivity.

Was the episode White Bear?

Found Black Mirror quite dark and unfortunately has a bit of truth in it. Preferred the older episodes pre-Netflix time.

Cammy
    :)@bbMike
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

So if people break down a gate and walk through your land to see a neighbour of yours they arent trespassing???.

The road they were on was NOT a public highway FFS it was a private gated community with avenues, roads and driveways. It makes no difference if they are on his actual property, the residents of that community are the only ones with any legal right of access and egress. Anybody without a specific invite is a trespasser.

Cammy

Credit to the 1st 3 guys in the video and particularly the chap at the front. He seemed to know it was time to move on while the noisy ones continued to crack on. I would hope he has a role in this protest. That's the kind you need in there.

This is not a peaceful protest, this is a noisy emotion driven protest which is loud and is disrupting a likely quiet neighbourhood.

Peaceful is peace and quiet. I can't get to where you are at in thinking this is peaceful.

Cammy
    Where did you see it?

My eyes could also be deceiving me as I am sure there is a megaphone in one of the pictures.

I agree that the couple, in particular Mr McCloskey had embellished things a little. He is a lawyer after all. :)

Cammy
    Whatever.

So guns are ok, but megaphones aren't.

I think that whether there was a megaphone or not is irrelevant.

Why would it be?

Many people in the US hate lawyers, and those that they hate the most are the ambulance chasing, personal injury lawyers.

We could go back and fore all day, but I cant be bothered.

You just cant seem to see it.

You seem to be sticking with, well there might have been a megaphone, and ignoring,

Their neighbours wrote supporting the protesters.

The authorities are only considering prosecuting the couple.

You have admitted that his claims were outrageous.

You are prepared to ignore their previous, when pulling a gun on an innocent neighbour.

They caused the confrontation.

None of their neighbours brandished weapons, or had a confrontation.

No damage was caused, other than to the gate.

There was a suspicion that the couple had damaged the gate themselves as it was reported as being fine after the protesters entered the estate, and the damage was noted a day later.

So despite the fact that the authorities, their neighbours, the protesters, and the media are all critical of them, you are sticking with them.

There may perhaps, possibly have been a megaphone somewhere.

That's it for me, over and out.

• Options
    HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

Cammy

Cammy
    Where did you see it?

Cammy
    Whatever.

Why would it be?

Many people in the US hate lawyers, and those that they hate the most are the ambulance chasing, personal injury lawyers.

You seem to be sticking with, well there might have been a megaphone, and ignoring,

You are prepared to ignore their previous, when pulling a gun on an innocent neighbour.

No damage was caused, other to the gate.

There was a suspicion that the couple had damaged the gate themselves as it was reported as being fine after the protesters entered the estate, and the damage was noted a day later.

So despite the fact that the authorities, their neighbours, the protesters, and the media are all critical of them, you are sticking with them.

Roger that! :)

On my 2nd headache of the week. Twice ITT ;)
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Even if you feel justified in brandashing a weapon to protect your property.

1. You don't need to hold your finger on the trigger of a pistol
    2. You can keep the safety on on your automatic weapon

Both of those acts are wreckless and could have resulted in a needless loss of life.

The only immediate threat to life was from the couple to the protestors who were clearly walking past the property on the way to their destination.

• Options
    Phantom66 said:

Both of those acts are wreckless and could have resulted in a needless loss of life.

The only immediate threat to life was from the couple to the protestors who were clearly walking past the property on the way to their destination.

1. Yes :)
    2. Yes ;)

Were the guns loaded or blanks?

I don't think anything is clear here and this has been a bit of a side track from a bigger issue. We can only use our own perception on what we each think on what is happening.

Cammy
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

I think this was clearly the case.
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Phantom66 said:

2. Yes ;)

I don't think anything is clear here and this has been a bit of a side track from a bigger issue. We can only use our own perception on what we each think on what is happening.

Cammy
    You just seem to be determined to ignore the blindingly obvious.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

Phantom66 said:

2. Yes ;)

Cammy

Mr Haysie can we stick to the Racism topic as per your post title.

At least two people ITT had attempted to move this thread along and one or two had changed the subject to get something going again.

Discussion and debate is healthy however things are maybe getting a little wearing for a few of us.

Have a good Sunday.
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

Phantom66 said:

Broke down a gate to get in.

Police said the McCloskeys heard a loud commotion in the street and saw a large group of people break an iron gate marked with “No Trespassing” and “Private Street” signs. The video showed the protesters walking through the gate and it was unclear when it was damaged.

https://news.yahoo.com/court-record-shows-st-louis-184427701.html

In interviews after the confrontation, the McCloskeys said they went outside with guns because they felt terrorized and worried that the marchers were going to murder them. The couple pointed to damage to a nearby gate as proof that the protest was intent on destroying property. That story has since come under some dispute, after the release of a video that showed the gate intact when the McCloskeys first drew guns on the protesters. The gate was photographed damaged later on Sunday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/neighbors-from-****-the-insane-drama-behind-the-gun-toting-st-louis-lawyer-couple/ar-BB16ge8p
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

Phantom66 said:

2. Yes ;)

Cammy

At least two people ITT had attempted to move this thread along and one or two had changed the subject to get something going again.

Discussion and debate is healthy however things are maybe getting a little wearing for a few of us.

Have a good Sunday.
    HAYSIE said:

» show previous quotes
    Whatever.

Why would it be?

No damage was caused, other to the gate.

Roger that!

On my 2nd headache of the week. Twice ITT
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    There is,or was, a vid on this protest. The vid was over an hour in length.
    It was uploaded or filmed by a Derek Brown me thinks. I can’t find the vid now.
    About half of the vid showed folks walking down a road, then turning left through the gate into the private grounds. The gate was open,the opening wasn’t caught on film.Folks were already walking through.
    With the help of fast forward, one of the last chants,which was repeated several times, was” no peace”. Whether “ no justice” came before that, I can’t recall. This was as they were getting closer to the gate. “ No peace” is open to interpretation.
    You would have to presume that the McCloskeys have viewed how some protests have ended up, so, a knee jerk reaction would be to arm themselves, as is allowed.
    The vid showed that there were hundreds of protesters, which was only really captured outside the Mayors house.
    The McCloskeys armed themselves when the initial stream came through the gate, which seems reasonable, if they were scared.
    The majority of the protesters had already gone by the McCloskeys house when the wife came closer to the protesters. Some of the stragglers on the protest were incensed , and had a verbal confrontation.
    All in all, not much to see, one for the media.
    Especially as there are numerous vids of folks protecting their businesses and properties whilst armed.
    Obv, those didn’t have a mayor as their neighbor.
    Nice gaff, shite hedge.

• Options
    Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

Phantom66 said:

2. Yes ;)

Cammy

Have a good Sunday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQIfU91Xd34
  • Options
    chilling said:

There is,or was, a vid on this protest. The vid was over an hour in length.
    It was uploaded or filmed by a Derek Brown me thinks. I can’t find the vid now.
    About half of the vid showed folks walking down a road, then turning left through the gate into the private grounds. The gate was open,the opening wasn’t caught on film.Folks were already walking through.
    With the help of fast forward, one of the last chants,which was repeated several times, was” no peace”. Whether “ no justice” came before that, I can’t recall. This was as they were getting closer to the gate. “ No peace” is open to interpretation.
    You would have to presume that the McCloskeys have viewed how some protests have ended up, so, a knee jerk reaction would be to arm themselves, as is allowed.
    The vid showed that there were hundreds of protesters, which was only really captured outside the Mayors house.
    The McCloskeys armed themselves when the initial stream came through the gate, which seems reasonable, if they were scared.
    The majority of the protesters had already gone by the McCloskeys house when the wife came closer to the protesters. Some of the stragglers on the protest were incensed , and had a verbal confrontation.
    All in all, not much to see, one for the media.
    Especially as there are numerous vids of folks protecting their businesses and properties whilst armed.
    Obv, those didn’t have a mayor as their neighbor.
    Nice gaff, shite hedge.

The letter had signatures from 24 households and was released on Wednesday.
    "Westmoreland Place and its adjoining street Portland Place are a historic neighborhood within the City of St. Louis, Missouri," read the letter.
    "From many walks of life, people choose to make this neighborhood home for many reasons, including the sincerity, empathy and neighborliness exhibited by the vast majority of those who live here," it continued.
    "Some of us choose to speak up following the horrific event that transpired on Sunday evening near our homes. As the undersigned, we condemn the behavior of anyone who uses threats of violence, especially through the brandishing of firearms, to disrupt peaceful protest, whether it be in this neighborhood or anywhere in the United States," the letter read.
    "As residents of Westmoreland Place," they concluded, "we seek positive action and constructive dialogue that builds and maintains a civil and good society."