You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Confusion.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,831
    chilling said:

Don’t bother underlining anything, as I won’t bother replying to any more questions.
    I’m not confused, but you apparently are.Although some might appear to be questions, but they’re not.

So, exaggerating what numbers?
    The numbers given out by the government and the worldometer are PER DAY.
    Whether it’s 5K 10K 20K new cases PER DAY,so take a good guess on how many cases there might be out there. It may require a little thinking. Can you cope with that?
    To my knowledge, we are testing nearly the same amount as Spain and France combined.
    That will equal more cases found, although 8 out of 10 testing positive have no symptoms.
    You can’t compare March to now, as it’s not like for like.
    More is known about the virus, there are more treatments etc.
    There could be overflow from hospitals,but the March lockdown was mainly due to a scientists prediction of 250K deaths in a fairly short time. Boris not being an expert on viruses,as most aren’t,took the correct decision.Also, we now know who really are the vulnerable.

You’re not in the government? Thank f..k for that. You always have a lot to say, but f..k all ideas, well played.

There are many reasons for opening up and locking down,as it’s not an exact science.
    The scientists are supposedly experts with the virus, but their input has to be applied to other things,such as folks in hospital waiting on ops etc, bed capacity,the economy,etc.
    Boris has to try and pick what might work the best to suit all the above, not just knee jerk on the advice of a scientist.Taking info from studies from over countries has got to be a good thing,more info the better. That’s were our better forms of treatment came from.
    As has been said, he can open or close when they feel the time is right.Id like to see some balls from Boris and go against the science.Other countries seem to just about get by, but I suspect their populations have a little more wisdom than ours. We have been known for a long time as a country full of unhealthy folks, and idiots. Example, how they act abroad,Spain in particular.
    They won’t be doing that again though.That was knocked on the head before the virus emerged.

Curfew.
    Imo, what is the norm is for the pubs to kick out,straight to a junk fast food shop, or restaurant.
    Big numbers milling about , great for spreading the virus, especially as most will be tanked up by then.I think he’ll put closing back to normal and let the lowest risk get on with it. Very few will get ill. Those who are vulnerable should know that by now, and not even be there.Its not about controlling the virus, it’s about those that will get sick. Don’t believe what you here otherwise.
    I don’t think you realise what herd immunity is. Again, not an exact science, but you’re not including the vulnerable in the forecast.
    On my patch, folks go to the pubs and restaurants in a reasonable number, and follow what they should do. They’re helping the local businesses survive. It’s unfortunate if someone lives in a s hite area, but those folks are only shooting themselves in the foot, and will be paying for it out of their own pockets in the future. They won’t realise that though.
    It’s going to be mighty interesting to see the local authorities taking over.
    Closing local buisnesses is going to be interesting while there hospitals could potentially overflow.
    Then there’s the issue of if they have to lockdown. Cap in hand to the Chancellor I’d expect.
    This all sounds rather dangerous.
    Track and trace.
    So it’s £12 Billion if you believe the figures.Id like to see some of this allocated money and donations to the WHO, and other organisations audited in the future. Following the money trail for vaccines if they ever arrive. Strange how Bill Gates is always grinning when he’s interviewed. Most odd.
    So tracking and tracing involves mostly 8out of 10 with no symptoms, their contacts, and then contacts of them and so on. So you end up with hundreds of work isolating when they’re fighting fit. They have bills to pay etc.It sounds like a wonderful project for the economy. F..k tracking and tracing, testing is the wtg. How many of the highly publicised agriculture workers or factory staff have become ill or died. Newspaper s hite, move on that’s old news. Suited us then.
    The death rate will likely be below 1% when all done and dusted. Covid 19 deaths this year lies 24th in most causes of death in the U.K. And that includes all the care home and elderly deaths.
    I won’t be s hitting my pants anytime soon.

The media and the world leaders are just puppets to the globalists. I’m sure they aren’t in on anything. That’s why I want to see Boris go against popular beliefs.F..k the science. People die all the time, through this and that. There’s talk of throwing in flu cases in the numbers too. Lol.
    Flu kills quite a few kids worldwide.With cooler weather, the virus lingers for longer,more transmissions, more cases, but so what. If the numbers don’t involve the vulnerable, who cares.
    But, then there’s the idiots. Or those very intelligent kids I noticed when I was growing up.
    It’s surprising how most lacked common sense. They would definitely struggle to leave a pub in an orderly fashion, and then f..k off home.

Back to where it all started, Wuhan.
    Purely propaganda.
    Look how efficient we are building new isolation units/ hospitals.When there were numerous large buildings that could have been easily converted.
    Then they have one patient waving goodbye to a dozen doctors and nurses.
    They were so efficient, that they got everybody that had a temperature out of their homes, then into isolation. So very efficient, that they disinfected their streets constantly, but couldn’t manage to disinfect one single coffin, obviously because the person inside was so highly contagious😱
    that even their family members weren’t allowed to the funerals, even though they were healthy.
    Then as stated before, the WHO announce in June that it might be advisable to wear a mask.The experts, when the virus has been on the go since the end of 2019.

Take out the sick elderly from the U.K. total that died early on, then the death rate would likely be about 4000.Nowhere near other causes of death.

Boris needs to turn this around and get folks back to work.

@HAYSIE , like I said, don’t bother underlining anything, as I’ve no more to say on the subject.

The constant questions mean you are indeed confused.
    Stay, Whatever.

I have just been listening to a scientist on Sky News.
    He couldnt stress enough that the one thing that is letting us down above all else, is the test and trace system that we currently have in place.
    He described it as not fit for purpose.
    He claimed that without a proper system in place that actually works, we will be in this mess for far longer than we need to be.
    It is essential for controlling the virus.

The i says there will be a "tougher lockdown by the end of the week', with the prime minister urged to place large parts of northern England and the Midlands into the strictest tier three coronavirus restrictions.

And the Times reports tier two restrictions could be imposed on London as soon Friday.

The Daily Telegraph leads with a warning from Chancellor Rishi Sunak that a new national lockdown would inflict terrible economic harm. It says "hawks" within the cabinet are demanding not only that Boris Johnson has an exit strategy from the new restrictions, "but a strategy full stop".

The Daily Mail leads with what it calls proof that "lockdown tears the heart out of Britain". It says nearly 800 more under-65s in England and Wales were killed by heart attacks and strokes than usual between March and July. It attributes this to delays in people seeking medical help.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54548506

chilling Member Posts: 1,814
    October 14

I don’t think you realise what herd immunity is. Again, not an exact science, but you’re
    not including the vulnerable in the forecast.

I dont think you are particularly well informed on the subject

The debate on whether the UK should instead adopt an approach of gaining "herd immunity" for Covid-19 - while shielding the most vulnerable - rages on.

The Guardian reports that 80 experts have written to the Lancet arguing the herd immunity approach is a "dangerous fallacy" that is unsupported by science.

They say there is no evidence that recovering from Covid-19 provides lasting immunity, and what is most needed is to suppress the levels of the virus in the population.

This is what you said about track and trace.

October 14

You do realise that track and trace will always be a “ token gesture” if a country is full of the virus?
    That would only ever work for a country with few cases.
    Track and trace.
    So it’s £12 Billion if you believe the figures.Id like to see some of this allocated money and donations to the WHO, and other organisations audited in the future. Following the money trail for vaccines if they ever arrive. Strange how Bill Gates is always grinning when he’s interviewed. Most odd.
    So tracking and tracing involves mostly 8out of 10 with no symptoms, their contacts, and then contacts of them and so on. So you end up with hundreds of work isolating when they’re fighting fit. They have bills to pay etc.It sounds like a wonderful project for the economy. F..k tracking and tracing, testing is the wtg. How many of the highly publicised agriculture workers or factory staff have become ill or died. Newspaper s hite, move on that’s old news. Suited us then.
    The death rate will likely be below 1% when all done and dusted. Covid 19 deaths this year lies 24th in most causes of death in the U.K. And that includes all the care home and elderly deaths.

This is what I said.

It would seem really foolish to spend £12billion on a token gesture.
    If the country was full of the virus we would have herd immunity.
    They were employing 12,000 call centre staff until recently, seems a lot for a token gesture.
    Why would Boris want a world beating system if it was only a token gesture
    Local Authorities already have contract tracing departments set up for tracing STDs, which may well have proved to be more efficient
    Logically the test and trace increases in importance as the number of cases rise.

He couldnt stress enough that the one thing that is letting us down above all else, is the test and trace system that we currently have in place.
    He claimed that without a proper system in place that actually works, we will be in this mess for far longer than we need to be.

I will let others be the judge on this debate.

I must point out that you cant re-allocate money that has already been spent.
    That the reason for fighting fit people to self isolate when they have tested positive, but are not showing symptoms, is to avoid infecting others, silly.
    Bill Gates?
    Most people that have any understanding of this will agree that track and trace is vital to controlling the virus.
    The rest of your comments dont warrant a reply.
    HAYSIE said:

This is what you said about track and trace.

October 14

You do realise that track and trace will always be a “ token gesture” if a country is full of the virus?
    That would only ever work for a country with few cases.
    Track and trace.

This is what I said.

It would seem really foolish to spend £12billion on a token gesture.
    If the country was full of the virus we would have herd immunity.
    They were employing 12,000 call centre staff until recently, seems a lot for a token gesture.
    Why would Boris want a world beating system if it was only a token gesture
    Local Authorities already have contract tracing departments set up for tracing STDs, which may well have proved to be more efficient
    Logically the test and trace increases in importance as the number of cases rise.

I will let others be the judge on this debate.

I must point out that you cant re-allocate money that has already been spent.
    That the reason for fighting fit people to self isolate when they have tested positive, but are not showing symptoms, is to avoid infecting others, silly.
    Bill Gates?
    Most people that have any understanding of this will agree that track and trace is vital to controlling the virus.
    The rest of your comments dont warrant a reply.

Test and trace consultants ‘paid £7,000 day rates by Government’

Private sector consultants are being paid day rates of around £7,000 by the Government to help with its coronavirus test and trace system, according to reports.

Sky News said it has seen documents revealing Boston Consulting Group (BCG) was paid about £10 million for around 40 consultants to provide four months’ work between the end of April and late August.

The broadcaster said the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) received a 10 to 15% discount from BCG, whose day rates for public sector work range from £2,400 to £7,360 for the most senior consultants.

Its report comes amid ongoing criticism of the Government’s £12 billion test and trace system.

Sky News reported last week that more than a thousand consultants from Deloitte were working on the NHS Test and Trace programme, on day rates of as much as £2,360.

He added: “Testing and contact tracing is failing to keep the virus under control, which makes it even more disgraceful that such huge sums of money are being spent on something that isn’t fit for purpose.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/test-trace-consultants-paid-7-211347034.html
    HAYSIE said:

October 14

I don’t think you realise what herd immunity is. Again, not an exact science, but you’re
    not including the vulnerable in the forecast.

I dont think you are particularly well informed on the subject

The debate on whether the UK should instead adopt an approach of gaining "herd immunity" for Covid-19 - while shielding the most vulnerable - rages on.

The Guardian reports that 80 experts have written to the Lancet arguing the herd immunity approach is a "dangerous fallacy" that is unsupported by science.

They say there is no evidence that recovering from Covid-19 provides lasting immunity, and what is most needed is to suppress the levels of the virus in the population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP7Vlywj6-Q
    This week Matt Hancock condemned experts who dared question lockdown. Now, after two of them embarrassingly exposed his basic errors, Prof ANGUS DALGLEISH asks... How IS this petulant, shockingly ignorant minister still in a job?

PROFESSOR ANGUS DALGLEISH: Health Secretary Matt Hancock has had nine long months to educate himself out of his ignorance of the scientific implications of the Covid-19 pandemic. But this week he was still responding to reasoned argument with petulant contempt.

My political contacts suggest that Mr Hancock, who presided over the care home Covid crisis, a shortage of protective equipment and the lamentable NHS test and trace programme, survives only because Downing Street needs a scapegoat for the inevitable review of its handling of the crisis.

If that is the case, the Prime Minister is playing a dangerous game. For every day that Mr Hancock remains in post, the longer our misguided approach to the pandemic will continue.

For this deadly omission alone, Mr Hancock would be wise to depart public life before these numbers are tallied and the blame is apportioned.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8840965/PROF-ANGUS-DALGLEISH-Matt-Hancock-survived-axe.html
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Close all the pubs and open the theatres.
    Let’s give the better clientele their chance.
    The idiots have had theres.
    chilling said:

Then perhaps you should explain yourself more clearly.
    Boris Johnson's Covid plan in turmoil after north-west leaders refuse tier 3

Downing Street’s flagship policy for tackling the coronavirus in England has descended into chaos after mayors and MPs from the north-west of the country emphatically rejected being moved into the highest lockdown level and accused ministers of treating the region with contempt.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/15/no-agreement-on-manchester-and-lancashire-lockdown-says-hancock
    Oh Jeffrey, I seem to be on the wrong thread. Clumsy me.

Not sure where these are ,but it looks grim.

The stand-off between the government and regional leaders in northern England over new coronavirus measures makes the lead for most of the front pages.

"Northern revolt", is the Mirror's headline. "Lockdown rebellion growing", the i declares. For the Guardian, Downing Street's key policy for tackling Covid-19 has "descended into chaos". The Independent online paper says Boris Johnson's three-tier strategy is unravelling after one of his top medical advisers said it would not work and a national lockdown was needed.

The Telegraph says the Labour mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, is in effect holding the government to ransom by demanding more financial help for businesses in return for supporting a move into the top tier of restrictions.

The Guardian reports that Thursday's talks between regional leaders and a government minister designed to broker an agreement ended with bitter and angry exchanges, deepening a north-south rift.

According to the Manchester Evening News website, even the region's Tory MPs supported the view of Mr Burnham and other local figures that too little funding was attached to the proposals.

The Daily Mail's headline rejects the new measures in London and elsewhere in England as an "epidemic of madness" because of their effect on the economy.

It describes the extra restrictions as draconian, saying they have sparked a fresh crisis for struggling businesses. The paper's editorial - taking up a full page - accuses ministers of surrendering to coronavirus and trying to impose a countrywide lockdown by stealth. "Where is the conclusive evidence these stringent crackdowns actually work?" it asks.

The Express highlights NHS figures showing there have been 26 million fewer visits to GP surgeries in England since the start of the pandemic than over the same period last year.

It says most patients have had to settle for a virtual or phone consultation. The paper's leader writers urge the NHS not to let down its guard against legions of other potentially fatal diseases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54564012

And "PM threatens Northern Leaders in Covid standoff" is the Guardian's lead.

It sees Boris Johnson's claim that every day of delay means "more people will die" as an attempt to "strongarm" Greater Manchester into accepting tougher restrictions without providing extra money.

The paper says the PM's rejection of a short national "circuit breaker" lockdown, appears to be at odds with the views of his chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, who'd confirmed government experts had pressed for such a move.

The main cartoon in the Daily Telegraph sums up Mr Johnson's dilemma: a first image shows the PM bound in chains and padlocks "weighed down by local restrictions and struggling to keep track of local lockdowns".

A second image shows another way: the PM freed of his shackles and imposing one massive padlock on everyone else. The caption reads: "Consolidate into one easy to manage national lockdown: set yourself free, lock everyone else up."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54578885

Britain is at boiling point: JOHN HUMPHRYS rails at fear replacing reason, ministers who have lost control... and why the public is rising up against the hysterical response to Covid's second wave

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
    chilling said:

Lets try an easy one.
    There are a number of examples, but lets just try one.
    Try to answer without referring to the Czech Republic or Quebec.
    Liverpool and Lancashire are both in tier 3.
    Why do gyms have to close in Liverpool, but remain open in Lancashire?
    How can this possibly make sense?
    chilling said:

Did you mean theirs?