You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Heart Felt GENUINE, Tony, I, have not won, a Single, tournament, key, critical

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,998
    Tikay10 said:

All-in pre with JJ, v AK & KQ. Your odds are not 95%. They are 45%-you go out more often than not.

A coach would explain that, too, a mistake he makes every single post.

To put it another way.

Suppose you got it in there, and there was an A and a Q on the flop, and the river was a J.

You wouldn't be saying that your shove was terrible because you only had a c.5% chance on the river, would you?

There is a lot of good free coaching on this thread, from several players. Which is why it is worth allowing it to continue.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    On the 2.3bb stack. The problem is you’ve got to win your 70/30s many times. So you stick your 2.3bb in and (understandably get looked up with trash that has equity). You win and now have 5.5bb. You limp a hand see a flop and fold. You fold an orbit. You’re now back to 3bb and maybe shove and get looked up.

What are the chances of winning 3 70/30s in a row? You’ll not post the first one if it wins, nor the second, but at some point you’ll bust your micro stack - it’s not unlucky it’s extremely likely. The more all-ins you have to dodge to get through a game the worse you’re going to do.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    I’m genuinely impressed by the number of people who continue to try to drag this stubborn horse to quench its thirst!
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    We live through, strange times
    crisp Ubba fresh morning, as the light came up
    Quietly contemplating with a 'woodbine & double shot of Lopi Luwak', if pj should snap fold flopped sets, forever.

Then, she slowly cruised past my balcony, and whispered, Yes, don't forget to snap fold flopped trips 'pj' advice taken, signed her up, as me new coach ❀️

Especially for the gorgeous Kam β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    Pj said he "needed a coach" , not because he wants a coach, its attention he wants.

Hes aware there is an exodus away from him so he needs to bring an audience back.

"errr... I need a coach".

"Ah, they are back, look at these awful bad beats.....

Like a hospital patient asking a nurse for water.

When the water arrives.

"Nurse, whilst your here , my backs sore, can you move me over a little"

Nurse, Im cold, can that window be closed a little.

The script is the same.
    mumsie said:

Pj said he "needed a coach" , not because he wants a coach, its attention he wants.

Hes aware there is an exodus away from him so he needs to bring an audience back.

"errr... I need a coach".

"Ah, they are back, look at these awful bad beats.....

Like a hospital patient asking a nurse for water.

When the water arrives.

"Nurse, whilst your here , my backs sore, can you move me over a little"

Nurse, Im cold, can that window be closed a little.

The script is the same.

CHARLIE? You're not suggesting Paul is an attention seeker? :p

He's got millies in the bank, supercar and super rich and famous friends..and is a pokergod (in pjworld) why would he need to?? ;)

I just wish he would join us in the real world and take up the challenges he set himself...heads up with @Jac35 challenge, the mini Ukops?

He genuinely seems a nice guy, mixed up a little with his poker logic BUT he's running a better profit than me in 2020!

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,486
    You forgot check my acorns....nurse
    PJ misunderstood he thinks he'll get more attention in " Poker Chat " mistake.!

Like the new poker coach if it grunts fold if it snorts raise.

Not the case, needs to stay here where his audience will find him.

When we tell him we all suffer these bad beats he still feels the R.N.G. is personally against him and posts to prove..... if that helps OK ..... but really think he needs some one behind him. cough! poker Love"
    If Matt Bates, ran like misterpj, he would be Skinto
    Panto Season, certainly comes early, very early..

Ps, Goldie, do the grand reveal, rumour is, someone else, might πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Which Sage? was it?........

" I wish I could explain to the Skeptics, its a simple matter, of mathematics and probability' that's, going in all, misterpjs bespoke Christmas Crackers"

Don't Fret,..

The Life and Times of professional Poker player, mister p poker j jenius, apparently, considered a shoo in, for this year's TIMES Christmas Top Ten Best Sellers ;

Award Winning Bafta Nominated, artistic illustration by the Jackson Pollack appreciation society.

'Iffy BizNiz A Lifetime of Bad Beats'

Probability, Mathematics.. Hmmmm

Turn river runner runner chins the 90 % AA 10 10...(again) gazillionth time against, probablyπŸ˜œπŸ’‹

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,029

Turn river runner runner chins the 90 % AA 10 10

Nope, not 90%. Equity is calculated when the money goes in. As you have been advised once or twice...
    Tikay10 said:

Turn river runner runner chins the 90 % AA 10 10

Nope, not 90%. Equity is calculated when the money goes in. As you have been advised once or twice...

Equus caballus,aqua,bibe...
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    I really think PJ has some sort of poker equivalent of munchausen syndrome and trust me I can (and do) moan about bad beats like the best of them.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    Enut said:

I really think PJ has some sort of poker equivalent of munchausen syndrome and trust me I can (and do) moan about bad beats like the best of them.

Yea, but yours are real and more than other peoples so its expected.
    Think that PJ relies on misjudged Maths rather than probabilities or quirkiness of R.N.G.

I challenge my Poker Dogs ... against.... your Poker Pig. name the stake.!

Only fair to warn you my dogs Winalot.
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    Soooooooooooooo bored with all this nonsense now. I only read the responses not the original posts.
    Do sometimes wonder, if any of the snap glib comment brigade, either actually study the game of poker, and or, have any remote comprehension, of context?

From my seat, at the tables, well, said it (shown it, because its real, thousands of times)

So, two fold, context, played one (1) mtt, in the last 12 hours ( for context!)
    Two and a half hours deep, 19 runners, Inc myself, left, (for context!)
    Wish, either, (for context!) you all could watch (with me, for context!) a rerun, of all the play I intently watched (usually do, because I enjoy, analysis of poker πŸ€”)

For context, being the short stack, patiently waited for one good spot, to go for the double up, with quality pocket cards, against, one or more, of the big stacks.

For context, that exact scenario occurred, near two and a half hours deep.
    P. S, why? would misterpj possibly need or require, a Poker Coach?
    Ample proof, of hundreds, thousands of VariaRinses, posted on this forum, in key mtt tourney defining hands, when, all in, way way best;

So, as explained, here again
    misterpj looks down at two black pocket cards, a jack of clubs and an ace of spades, big raise in front, misterpj gets it all in, player 2 bigger stack gets all in, player 3 calls, flop comes 8c 10d Ac,
    misterpj gives himself, a huge pat on the back, waited for the correct spot, optimum. Then, we do a quick maths (probability calculation πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) 78% v 11% v 8%,probably you have correctly guessed, this follows, the standard πŸ˜‰ 'script πŸ˜‰' which is the 11 in a 100 chance, taking down the 78 in 100 chance, but, you need to be an Afficienado to 'get it' 3 1-2 years, YEARS! deep πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,029
    edited November 2020

Equity of each hand is measured when the money goes.

This was your equity when the money went in, excluding split pots;

As - Jc 58%

Ks - Js 9%

Kh - Qs 31%

THAT is where you are going wrong. You think you are losing when a huge favourite, but in fact you are barely better than flipping.

When you eventually grasp that, your understanding of the game will improve immeasurably & you won't keep banging on about what you perceive to be improbable beats, but are in fact completely standard. We ALL take, & hand these out, every single session.

If every time a player lost a 60-40 shot he rushed to the Forum with the HH, this Forum would have thousands of posts per day.

God help you if you ever tried to play PLO or PLO8.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    misterpj said:

Do sometimes wonder, if any of the snap glib comment brigade, either actually study the game of poker, and or, have any remote comprehension, of context?

How have/do you study the game @misterpj ?
    Cheers Matt
    genuine 'real, poker hero'
    Hope, you have a fantastic 2021....

anyways,my poker chums.........

The above, was immediately followed, by a dabble in the 01.30 Β£5.50 bounty hunter..
    Getting on, an hour deep, 18 left, the double up would put misterpj v nicely placed.

But, alas, the poker Art, of getting it, not only all in best, and inducing the (inspired call), alas, pocket QA, 60 % best, not an earthly, of holding, lol. β€οΈπŸ’‹πŸ˜‡

All, any fair minded (balanced, non biased) poker fans need do, is a muse, through this very thread.Someone suggested, misterpj running HOT.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ laughed so much, cracked a rib, burnt me tray of Scones.. β€οΈπŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’• but, if HOT, should ever Appen! forum be 1st to know.