You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Effects Of Brexit.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    edited April 2021
    European Law in general, and the comparison between Civil Law and Common Law jurisdictions, has always been a passion of mine. It is something I have studied in detail, and explained in detail to a lot of businesses.

so-Common Law-started in England. Main players UK (though Scotland is less wedded to it), USA, Canada (mostly), South Africa, Australia, Malaysia etc

Civil Law-started by the Roman Empire. Main players Germany, France, Japan, China (mostly), most of the EU

Now there is no evidence that 1 system is better than the other. Sometimes there are fields of Law that suit one more-so, for example, a lot of UK Employment Law is more Civil/Code Law than Common Law.

Now, as you would expect, there is a lot of argument. What is generally accepted, however, is that there is a slight edge to Civil Law countries in long-term contracts, and a small advantage to Common Law countries in new contracts.

It is important to stress that, in the vast majority of cases, this difference is tiny. The UK generally has exceptional long-term contracts, and the EU Members exceptional short-term ones. So, for example, between 1973 and mid-2020, I cannot think of 1 occasion where the difference was important.

But Covid has changed many things. And 1 of those things has been the clear advantage of Common Law over Civil Law in this one, very specific instance. Because-when

1. There is a need for a massive new contract; and
    2. The people you are contracting with are the only ones that know/suspect there may be a massive shortfall; and
    3. You have concentrated on long-term resolution mechanisms, while the UK concentrated on the here and now; and
    4. The only suppliers you are dealing with are in the UK and US

You have an extremely rare, almost unique, situation. Which, frankly, we did not do better because we were better-just that that is the way we always do things.

So-what did the EU do wrong?

1. No-that would not of itself matter
    2. They didn't know. But alarm bells should have started ringing
    3. The only large Common Law country had just left. The EU wanted to show that the EU was superior-at precisely the wrong time
    4. Folly. The largest trading bloc in the world took no steps to control the supply chain for the most important mass purchase for 75 years

This is an incredibly rare occurrence. Will the likely UK contracts for regular vaccination from 2023 be brilliant? Yes. Will the EU's? Yes. They might even be fractionally better.

But Brexit is starting to look like, in the immediate future, to have cost the EU dear. Not the UK. And a lot of leaders of EU member countries are going to be voted out. And, whether you like it or not, the blame is going to shift to the EU.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Former Brexit Secretary David Davis reveals his 2018 resignation was a 'cold blooded' decision to force Theresa May out as Prime Minister

NEW Davis, 72, told a podcast that he wanted May replaced as PM by a leader who would take a tougher stance on Europe and push for a harder Brexit after she stopped listening to his advice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9427853/David-Davis-reveals-cold-blooded-resignation-force-Theresa-Prime-Minister.html

Whereas what he really meant was

"he wanted May replaced as PM by either David Davis or, at least, someone who trusted him more than Theresa May"

Boris Johnson has many faults. But IMHO that was most certainly not 1 of them.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,037
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HANSON said:

the risk i referred to was to get the contracts done early and not sit back and wait which the EU did .. i have no idea what that contract is but i guess as AZ is a private company that would have lawyers to make sure that any contract is watertight so as to not have to put up with scrutiny from the other side in a court ..

i will also say i agree with some that you seem to only post negative news articles and will not post any positive articles to just balance out your negative view on the UK .

Just want to mention 3 positive effects of Brexit.

1. The UK Government promised to give the electorate a free vote on Brexit, and to respect and implement the result. And-they did.
    2. In your old Brexit thread, there was an article that purported to show how Brexit was going to mean that we were at the back of the queue for any vaccine. That there was no way that the UK was going to be able to match the speed with which the EU was going to be able to source vaccine. But it didn't work out like that, did it? Printed the pro-EU article. Forgot to print anything that showed it was wrong.
    3. Everybody over the age of 50-like me, & Haysie, are less likely to die of Covid in the first 6 months of 2021, due to 2 above, than if we lived anywhere in the EU. For which I am profoundly grateful.
    Ok, I cant recall the article, but I will take your word for it.
    Kind of you. It's on Page 331. Here are the highlights:-

"Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK
    And it will cost more here because of the UK pulling out of the European Medicines Agency on 30 December
    • Three experts explain why Brexit leaves the UK less able to respond to pandemic

The UK faces having to wait longer and pay more to acquire a coronavirus vaccine because it has left the EU, health experts and international legal experts warn today.
    Brexit means the UK will probably have to join other non-EU countries in a queue to acquire the vaccine after EU member states have had it, and on less-favourable terms.

The UK will leave the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the body responsible for the scientific evaluation, supervision and safety monitoring of medicines, at the end of the transition period on 30 December. This means it will no longer be part of the EU’s regulatory regime, which allows for “accelerated assessment” of products developed by drugs companies during a pandemic.

The UK has already withdrawn from the EU’s emergency bulk-buying mechanism for vaccines and medicines, under which member states strike collective agreements with pharmaceutical companies, which speeds up their access to the latest products during a crisis.

The academics write: “For all these reasons ... the UK is likely to have to join the queue for access with other countries outside the EU, and to pay more than it would otherwise as an EU member state.

“Looking further ahead, this problem will not be limited to emergencies and the UK can expect slower and more limited access to medicines, especially those for rare conditions or those used to treat children, where the market is small.”

While it appears the UK government wants to press ahead with its own regulatory system and rapid market authorisation system for emergencies, the experts say this will be all but impossible to put in place in time for a new Covid-19 vaccine, which is expected in about a year.

“Vaccine makers and drug companies may decide to first seek approval from the EMA, which represents some 500 million patients, before seeking approval from the UK MHRA, which covers a smaller patient pool.”

The point here is not that this has proved to be totally untrue. None of us can predict the future.

Nobody can.
    Not totally untrue.
    The Guardian claim to be quoting 3 experts, obviously they werent.

It is that you have printed lots of these sorts of articles. And still do. Yet when they are proved to be totally incorrect, you don't mention it at all. Or say stuff like

I am contemplating employing a couple of people to plough throgh the Sky Poker forum archives, on a full time basis, to check on my old posts.
    I will let you know when I decide.

"With all due respect questions about Russia, German over 55s, Sputnik, EU medical agencies, Pfizer, Moderna, the EU vaccine roll out, Hungary, Malta, Israel, Brexit, the EUs survival, and the nature of politicians are completely irrelevant to this dispute."

With the best will in the world, how on earth could a dispute between the EU and AZ, on vaccine deliveries be relevant to any of the above.

Really? They are just as relevant as the disaster developing in Northern Ireland. Which, incidentally, is the fault of the EU as well as the UK. Unless by "completely irrelevant" you really mean "don't support my view that the EU is wonderful."
    I dont believe that the EU is wonderful.
    I appreciate that some of their actions are ill judged, although many fewer than Boris.
    I am convinced that they havent been treated fairly by AZ.
    Dont start me off about the Irish border.
    I have made my feelings on this very clear on a number of occasions.
    Boris misled the DUP at their party conference, and denied there was an Irish Sea border after he had agreed to put one there.
    So I suppose we should blame the EU.

No, let's get back to the Irish border.

You are an intelligent man. You saw through what Boris was trying to do in an instant. You posted about it immediately.

Not defending Boris on this. It could only be through extreme ignorance as to the reality, or deliberately lying. For me, it is undoubtedly a mixture of the 2.

But let's look at the actions of the DUP, Fianna Fail, etc. Do you believe that the ruling parties of Northern Ireland/Ireland couldn't see fine well that Boris was either lying, ignorant as to the reality, or both? Really? You believe that no-one in the ruling parties of 2 countries is intelligent enough to see through Boris?

Could it be that the DUP made the political decision to keep quiet, so that Boris could take all the blame instead of them? Because I expect the DUP to have understood instantly what that border was, and how important it would be.

Could it be that Ireland Government decided that the likely ensuing economic dependence on Ireland from NI was worth the problems that would undoubtedly be faced by a lot of Irish people in the Borders or North West of Ireland, and kept quiet for that reason?

It is not only you that has a "just blame Boris" agenda.
    I think Boris misled everyone over this.
    He was still claiming that there was no Irish Sea border after the agreement was done.
    He was on tv advising businesses that they could bin the extra paperwork, and that if anyone queried this they were to say that Boris said they could.

There was an easy solution to this which our government wouldnt consider,

I am reluctant to blame the EU.
    There has to be a border.
    The EU accepted that it couldnt be on the island of Ireland, the most logical place.
    They reached an agreement with Theresa May.
    They reached an alternative agreement with Boris.
    I believe that this points to their flexibility.

The problems will worsen when the grace periods end.

So NI remains subject to EU rules.
    Is separated from the rest of the UK.
    I believe this leaves the UK as the only country in the world with an internal customs border.
    It seems like the UK made it up as they went along.
    While the border exists there will be problems.

The most likely long term solution is for NI to leave the UK.

Even if the EU dont ratify the deal, and we end up with no deal, there will still have to be a border.
    I hear what you say.

I'm sure Boris tried to mislead everyone. I just don't think he really did.

Unless you believe that 2 Governments did not look as closely as you about the most important Act for the island of Ireland in about 100 years.

Your "easy solution" would be political suicide. You do know that the full title of his party is traditionally "The Conservative and Unionist Party"? There was no easy solution. Just an array of ones with massive consequences. With all sides pretending otherwise.

NI may well leave the UK. Although I don't think that will be the end of the matter. And the solution might end up being (even) worse than now.
    Today’s revelations come a day after yet more humiliation for the PM. Sir Alan Duncan, deputy to Boris when he was Foreign Secretary, yesterday let rip in a damning new memoir. He described Johnson as having a “self deluding mock-romantic passion”, adding: “He is a clown, an embarrassing buffoon, an international stain on our reputation.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-texted-mistress-jennifer-23849002
  • Options
    New blow for Sir Keir Starmer as 60% of Labour Party members think he should campaign to rejoin EU despite his desire to move on from Brexit

Almost 60 per cent of Labour Party members think Sir Keir Starmer should campaign for the UK to rejoin the European Union in a new blow, despite his desire to move on from Brexit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9433873/New-blow-Sir-Keir-Starmer-60-Labour-Party-members-think-campaign-rejoin-EU.html
  • Options
    Cars set on fire in Newtownabbey spark fears of further trouble in Northern Ireland

Tension over the UK-EU Brexit deal's Northern Ireland Protocol, the establishment of a border in the Irish Sea, has been simmering in the loyalist community for months.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/cars-set-on-fire-in-newtownabbey-spark-fears-of-further-trouble-in-northern-ireland/ar-BB1fgRME?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
    The Brexit elite cannot hope to fool us for much longer

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/brexit-elite-cannot-hope-fool-060001116.html
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HANSON said:

the risk i referred to was to get the contracts done early and not sit back and wait which the EU did .. i have no idea what that contract is but i guess as AZ is a private company that would have lawyers to make sure that any contract is watertight so as to not have to put up with scrutiny from the other side in a court ..

i will also say i agree with some that you seem to only post negative news articles and will not post any positive articles to just balance out your negative view on the UK .

Just want to mention 3 positive effects of Brexit.

1. The UK Government promised to give the electorate a free vote on Brexit, and to respect and implement the result. And-they did.
    2. In your old Brexit thread, there was an article that purported to show how Brexit was going to mean that we were at the back of the queue for any vaccine. That there was no way that the UK was going to be able to match the speed with which the EU was going to be able to source vaccine. But it didn't work out like that, did it? Printed the pro-EU article. Forgot to print anything that showed it was wrong.
    3. Everybody over the age of 50-like me, & Haysie, are less likely to die of Covid in the first 6 months of 2021, due to 2 above, than if we lived anywhere in the EU. For which I am profoundly grateful.
    Ok, I cant recall the article, but I will take your word for it.
    Kind of you. It's on Page 331. Here are the highlights:-

"Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK
    And it will cost more here because of the UK pulling out of the European Medicines Agency on 30 December
    • Three experts explain why Brexit leaves the UK less able to respond to pandemic

The UK faces having to wait longer and pay more to acquire a coronavirus vaccine because it has left the EU, health experts and international legal experts warn today.
    Brexit means the UK will probably have to join other non-EU countries in a queue to acquire the vaccine after EU member states have had it, and on less-favourable terms.

The UK will leave the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the body responsible for the scientific evaluation, supervision and safety monitoring of medicines, at the end of the transition period on 30 December. This means it will no longer be part of the EU’s regulatory regime, which allows for “accelerated assessment” of products developed by drugs companies during a pandemic.

The UK has already withdrawn from the EU’s emergency bulk-buying mechanism for vaccines and medicines, under which member states strike collective agreements with pharmaceutical companies, which speeds up their access to the latest products during a crisis.

The academics write: “For all these reasons ... the UK is likely to have to join the queue for access with other countries outside the EU, and to pay more than it would otherwise as an EU member state.

“Looking further ahead, this problem will not be limited to emergencies and the UK can expect slower and more limited access to medicines, especially those for rare conditions or those used to treat children, where the market is small.”

While it appears the UK government wants to press ahead with its own regulatory system and rapid market authorisation system for emergencies, the experts say this will be all but impossible to put in place in time for a new Covid-19 vaccine, which is expected in about a year.

“Vaccine makers and drug companies may decide to first seek approval from the EMA, which represents some 500 million patients, before seeking approval from the UK MHRA, which covers a smaller patient pool.”

The point here is not that this has proved to be totally untrue. None of us can predict the future.

Nobody can.
    Not totally untrue.
    The Guardian claim to be quoting 3 experts, obviously they werent.

It is that you have printed lots of these sorts of articles. And still do. Yet when they are proved to be totally incorrect, you don't mention it at all. Or say stuff like

I am contemplating employing a couple of people to plough throgh the Sky Poker forum archives, on a full time basis, to check on my old posts.
    I will let you know when I decide.

"With all due respect questions about Russia, German over 55s, Sputnik, EU medical agencies, Pfizer, Moderna, the EU vaccine roll out, Hungary, Malta, Israel, Brexit, the EUs survival, and the nature of politicians are completely irrelevant to this dispute."

With the best will in the world, how on earth could a dispute between the EU and AZ, on vaccine deliveries be relevant to any of the above.

Really? They are just as relevant as the disaster developing in Northern Ireland. Which, incidentally, is the fault of the EU as well as the UK. Unless by "completely irrelevant" you really mean "don't support my view that the EU is wonderful."
    I dont believe that the EU is wonderful.
    I appreciate that some of their actions are ill judged, although many fewer than Boris.
    I am convinced that they havent been treated fairly by AZ.
    Dont start me off about the Irish border.
    I have made my feelings on this very clear on a number of occasions.
    Boris misled the DUP at their party conference, and denied there was an Irish Sea border after he had agreed to put one there.
    So I suppose we should blame the EU.

No, let's get back to the Irish border.

You are an intelligent man. You saw through what Boris was trying to do in an instant. You posted about it immediately.

Not defending Boris on this. It could only be through extreme ignorance as to the reality, or deliberately lying. For me, it is undoubtedly a mixture of the 2.

But let's look at the actions of the DUP, Fianna Fail, etc. Do you believe that the ruling parties of Northern Ireland/Ireland couldn't see fine well that Boris was either lying, ignorant as to the reality, or both? Really? You believe that no-one in the ruling parties of 2 countries is intelligent enough to see through Boris?

Could it be that the DUP made the political decision to keep quiet, so that Boris could take all the blame instead of them? Because I expect the DUP to have understood instantly what that border was, and how important it would be.

Could it be that Ireland Government decided that the likely ensuing economic dependence on Ireland from NI was worth the problems that would undoubtedly be faced by a lot of Irish people in the Borders or North West of Ireland, and kept quiet for that reason?

It is not only you that has a "just blame Boris" agenda.
    I think Boris misled everyone over this.
    He was still claiming that there was no Irish Sea border after the agreement was done.
    He was on tv advising businesses that they could bin the extra paperwork, and that if anyone queried this they were to say that Boris said they could.

There was an easy solution to this which our government wouldnt consider,

I am reluctant to blame the EU.
    There has to be a border.
    The EU accepted that it couldnt be on the island of Ireland, the most logical place.
    They reached an agreement with Theresa May.
    They reached an alternative agreement with Boris.
    I believe that this points to their flexibility.

The problems will worsen when the grace periods end.

So NI remains subject to EU rules.
    Is separated from the rest of the UK.
    I believe this leaves the UK as the only country in the world with an internal customs border.
    It seems like the UK made it up as they went along.
    While the border exists there will be problems.

The most likely long term solution is for NI to leave the UK.

Even if the EU dont ratify the deal, and we end up with no deal, there will still have to be a border.
    I hear what you say.

I'm sure Boris tried to mislead everyone. I just don't think he really did.

Unless you believe that 2 Governments did not look as closely as you about the most important Act for the island of Ireland in about 100 years.

Your "easy solution" would be political suicide. You do know that the full title of his party is traditionally "The Conservative and Unionist Party"? There was no easy solution. Just an array of ones with massive consequences. With all sides pretending otherwise.

NI may well leave the UK. Although I don't think that will be the end of the matter. And the solution might end up being (even) worse than now.
    Today’s revelations come a day after yet more humiliation for the PM. Sir Alan Duncan, deputy to Boris when he was Foreign Secretary, yesterday let rip in a damning new memoir. He described Johnson as having a “self deluding mock-romantic passion”, adding: “He is a clown, an embarrassing buffoon, an international stain on our reputation.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-texted-mistress-jennifer-23849002
    'It's a mystery how bare-faced Boris Johnson keeps getting away with everything'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/it-s-a-mystery-how-bare-faced-boris-johnson-keeps-getting-away-with-everything/ar-BB1fhbhZ?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Production Delays?

AstraZeneca kicked out of US factory over mix-up 'that ruined 15m vaccine doses'

As a result 15 million doses of the vaccine produced by Johnson & Johnson, which has been given FDA approval, had to be destroyed.

Johnson & Johnson will now assume full responsibility for the production of its vaccine at the plant.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/us-removes-astrazeneca-baltimore-factory-151126484.html
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    HAYSIE said:

Production Delays?

AstraZeneca kicked out of US factory over mix-up 'that ruined 15m vaccine doses'

As a result 15 million doses of the vaccine produced by Johnson & Johnson, which has been given FDA approval, had to be destroyed.

Johnson & Johnson will now assume full responsibility for the production of its vaccine at the plant.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/us-removes-astrazeneca-baltimore-factory-151126484.html

And if you read the article it says that its a sub contracted production facility making both vaccines .. hardly AZs fault the sub contractor could not cope having 2 production lines
    Also as AZ not approved yet it makes sense for AZ to move to a dedicated factory ..

yet more bashing AZ ..
  • Options
    On a brighter note as i like cheese ...

Replay
    Current Time 1:08
    /
    Duration 1:08
    Unmute
    HQ
    CaptionFull screen
    Brexit: UK farming can see boost from right policies says expert
    REPLAY VIDEO
    a man wearing a suit and tie: Covid passports: Dr Khan on 'accuracy' of lateral flow test
    Covid passports: Dr Khan on 'accuracy' of lateral flow test
    Covid passports: Dr Amir Khan questions the 'accuracy' of proposed lateral flow tests in the UK, suggesting some people may get told they…
    Daily Express Logo Daily Express
    a close up of a sign: Dennis the Menace gets makeover for new CBBC show
    Dennis the Menace gets makeover for new CBBC show
    Dennis the Menace gets makeover for new CBBC show Dennis & Gnasher Unleashed
    graphical user interface, website: Michael Parkinson admits he ‘locked away' grief for his father
    Michael Parkinson admits he ‘locked away' grief for his father
    Michael Parkinson reflects on his Life Stories interview with Piers Morgan and admits that he'd ‘locked away' the grief he felt for his dad.
    Cheesemaker Simon Spurrell told CGTN Europe that his cheese company has been hit hard by the cost of new export certificates required to ship his products to the European Union.

But he said this has led to a new domestic market opening up to sell British cheese to British people, as well as a massively growing market in the USA and Canada that want British cheese.

He said: "What has actually happened is there has been a renaissance in looking towards all British producers recently.

"And I think people are actually realising the best cheese in the world was always on their doorstep."

JUST IN: Scottish Election 2021: Ruth Davidson sounds chilling warning of separatist SUPER-MAJORITY

a man standing in front of a fence: cheese© CGTN Europe cheese
    a close up of a sign: cheese© CGTN Europe cheese
    Another cheesemaker, Rose Grimond, explained that sales of her cheese have grown massively and pointed to three main reasons, including Brexit, for why there has been a spike in demand for British made cheese.

She said: "Three main reasons would be Brexit and the difficulty importing continental, artisan cheeses.

"Another lockdown which has increased footfall to all producers like us from our local population.

"And thirdly I think an emerging trend of people really developing a greater appreciation of locally sourced small businesses like ourselves where the provenance is absolutely guaranteed."

READ MORE: Cheesemonger sees online orders increase tenfold as result of pandemic

a man standing in a room: cheese© CGTN Europe cheese
    Cheese exports to the EU fell by 85 percent last year while imports from the bloc were down by a third as various requirements were levied on British producers.

But as a result, Britons have turned their back on the bloc and decided to buy British produce instead.

The news comes as a cheesemonger from Liverpool saw its website orders increase ten-fold as Britons looked to get their cheese online through the pandemic post-Brexit.

When the pandemic shut the economy down, The Liverpool Cheese Company lost a large revenue stream as wedding cake orders stopped overnight and they were forced to close their cheese 'school' immediately.
  • Options
    HANSON said:

HAYSIE said:

Production Delays?

And if you read the article it says that its a sub contracted production facility making both vaccines .. hardly AZs fault the sub contractor could not cope having 2 production lines
    Also as AZ not approved yet it makes sense for AZ to move to a dedicated factory ..

yet more bashing AZ ..
    And the Indian sub contractor is still hanging on to 5 million doses of our vaccine.
    Although its probably catered for in the contract.
  • Options
    Replay
    /
    Unmute
    HQ
    CaptionFull screen
    REPLAY VIDEO
    a man wearing a suit and tie: Covid passports: Dr Khan on 'accuracy' of lateral flow test
    Covid passports: Dr Amir Khan questions the 'accuracy' of proposed lateral flow tests in the UK, suggesting some people may get told they…
    graphical user interface, website: Michael Parkinson admits he ‘locked away' grief for his father
    Michael Parkinson reflects on his Life Stories interview with Piers Morgan and admits that he'd ‘locked away' the grief he felt for his dad.
    Cheesemaker Simon Spurrell told CGTN Europe that his cheese company has been hit hard by the cost of new export certificates required to ship his products to the European Union.

But he said this has led to a new domestic market opening up to sell British cheese to British people, as well as a massively growing market in the USA and Canada that want British chee
    HAYSIE said:

HANSON said:

HAYSIE said:

Production Delays?

yet more bashing AZ ..
    And the Indian sub contractor is still hanging on to 5 million doses of our vaccine.
    I agree on that, they have kept 5 million but did they not send 5 million of the 10 million order ...

Also what has India got to do with the article you put up about what happened at a production facility in the USA
  • Options
    That headline from Yahoo is so bad it makes the Mail look balanced.

Let's use easier stuff to show what I mean.
    Factory has to make 2 products-beef lasagne, and vegetarian lasagne. For reasons that appear to be nothing to do with either Company (beef/veg), the factory has put beef in the veg lasagne. And the headline blames not the factory, not it's employees.

No, it blames the cow. Johnson & Johnson have suffered a massive loss, through the fault of the factory. And have sought to offset that loss by getting a commercial advantage in the running of the factory. Unfair on AZ-but they would do the same if roles were reversed.

You might think that all this is irrelevant. But it is highly relevant. As I will explain in my next post.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Are AZ making any vaccines in the USA?

Try looking on Google. The answer appears to be no.

But we have new evidence to show that, at the very least, the US has the raw ingredients from AZ to make massive amounts of what we would call vaccine.

But AZ is not licenced in the USA. So, as far as US laws are concerned, no "vaccine" is being made. Just stuff that other countries think are vaccines. And US laws, unlike EU or UK laws, allow medicines to be held in the USA on the say-so of Government. Or in any contracts.

So, ask yourself this. The USA is definitely stockpiling AZ ingredients, and is in all probability stockpiling AZ vaccine when they are the only major country in the World yet to authorise it. And, as Dr Fauci says, they hope to be in a position never to have to use any AZ vaccine, whereas AZ appear to be saying they could supply 50 million vaccines to the US.

Now, according to the EU neither the UK or US are sending the EU vaccines. The UK, whether justified or not, appears to be using AZ vaccine to put in UK arms. Whereas, the US appear to be stockpiling materials and/or vaccines that they are not currently using, and hope never to use.

While Europeans are dying in large numbers. And the world's largest economy by GDP is in crisis. While the world's 2nd largest economy by GDP seems to be holding on to vaccines or materials for themselves that it does not even intend to use.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

That headline from Yahoo is so bad it makes the Mail look balanced.

Let's use easier stuff to show what I mean.
    Factory has to make 2 products-beef lasagne, and vegetarian lasagne. For reasons that appear to be nothing to do with either Company (beef/veg), the factory has put beef in the veg lasagne. And the headline blames not the factory, not it's employees.

No, it blames the cow. Johnson & Johnson have suffered a massive loss, through the fault of the factory. And have sought to offset that loss by getting a commercial advantage in the running of the factory. Unfair on AZ-but they would do the same if roles were reversed.

You might think that all this is irrelevant. But it is highly relevant. As I will explain in my next post.

Cant wait.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

But we have new evidence to show that, at the very least, the US has the raw ingredients from AZ to make massive amounts of what we would call vaccine.

But AZ is not licenced in the USA. So, as far as US laws are concerned, no "vaccine" is being made. Just stuff that other countries think are vaccines. And US laws, unlike EU or UK laws, allow medicines to be held in the USA on the say-so of Government. Or in any contracts.

So, ask yourself this. The USA is definitely stockpiling AZ ingredients, and is in all probability stockpiling AZ vaccine when they are the only major country in the World yet to authorise it. And, as Dr Fauci says, they hope to be in a position never to have to use any AZ vaccine, whereas AZ appear to be saying they could supply 50 million vaccines to the US.

Now, according to the EU neither the UK or US are sending the EU vaccines. The UK, whether justified or not, appears to be using AZ vaccine to put in UK arms. Whereas, the US appear to be stockpiling materials and/or vaccines that they are not currently using, and hope never to use.

While Europeans are dying in large numbers. And the world's largest economy by GDP is in crisis. While the world's 2nd largest economy by GDP seems to be holding on to vaccines or materials for themselves that it does not even intend to use.

That is a serious point.
    Although I only posted the headline on a tongue in cheek basis to see if there were any biters.
    There is more to AZ than meets the eye.
    You might think that they would concentrate on fulfilling their existing contracts.
  • Options
    HANSON said:

Replay
    /
    Unmute
    HQ
    CaptionFull screen
    REPLAY VIDEO

But he said this has led to a new domestic market opening up to sell British cheese to British people, as well as a massively growing market in the USA and Canada that want British chee

HAYSIE said:

HANSON said:

HAYSIE said:

Production Delays?

yet more bashing AZ ..
    I agree on that, they have kept 5 million but did they not send 5 million of the 10 million order ...

Also what has India got to do with the article you put up about what happened at a production facility in the USA
    More subcontractors.
  • Options
    More subcontractors ... can you expand on the relevance between going from the article about USA and AZ to India .

I no I'm thick as .. but at least Phil makes sense ..

actually do not worry about it, i will just take some more paracetamol, read the posts and stay out of it ..
    GL on the tables and stay safe everyone ..
  • Options
    HANSON said:

More subcontractors ... can you expand on the relevance between going from the article about USA and AZ to India .

I no I'm thick as .. but at least Phil makes sense ..

actually do not worry about it, i will just take some more paracetamol, read the posts and stay out of it ..
    GL on the tables and stay safe everyone ..

You too.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

That is a serious point.
    Although I only posted the headline on a tongue in cheek basis to see if there were any biters.
    There is more to AZ than meets the eye.
    You might think that they would concentrate on fulfilling their existing contracts.
    I know what you mean.

But it has become clear that there is another "existing contract" that was being hidden from us all. And that would not be AZ's doing. This had a secrecy agreement. Which, when someone was trying to score a point at Johnson & Johnson (could that really be twice as bad as 1 Boris Johnson?) they forgot all about.

Which, if I was in the EU, either as a citizen or at the EU Commission, I would be mad about. And, if they could stop fixating on Brexit and politics, they should be doing something about.