You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tables not opening again!

2456

Comments

  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 2,400
    I had this problem this evening as well as yesterday evening, gave up after a while on both occassions.

    By the way the response to @StayOrGo is laughable, if you were restricted to playing one table 99% of the regs would leave within days.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 3,676
    Essexphil said:

    StayOrGo said:

    Hi @Tikay10

    This is the response from Customer Care: (in bold)

    "Hi Graham thank you for waiting. I am sorry to say that the seniors have advised me that, we wouldn't advise playing multiple tables and would advise using the poker download client only. And because of this we will be unable to credit any funds to your account. I am really sorry for this inconvenience."

    Are we really to just play one table, and am I really not to be compensated because I was multi-tabling?

    Is this reasonable to you @Tikay10

    Is Sky Poker, really saying don't multi-table?

    BTW: I WAS using the download client.

    And you have, right there, why I would rather lose £11 :)

    You will get your money-eventually. Because Sky do care. But Customer Care know very little about Sky Poker, probably because it is only a tiny part of the operation.
    You're obviously not from Yorkshire Phil, like me. I'd be on the Live Chat for sure...... though I would leave it 'til the morning.

    I wonder if I can get my money back for an All-in that wouldn't open 'til it had finished ....... and I hadn't WON it :*:s;)
  • steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 59
    just getting random reload the table messages timed out on playing hand in 11t 500ko 23.20 what a joke.
  • steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 59
    my earlier post about tables not opening at begin just got deleted and not moved?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 93,283
    edited January 21
    steveysee said:

    my earlier post about tables not opening at begin just got deleted and not moved?

    @steveysee

    It was not deleted nor was it moved, it is still there, exactly where you posted it. We did close the thread though so we can keep all the posts on one thread which will assist the Tech Team to achieve a better resolution with all the facts in a containment thread. A message to that effect was put on the thread too.

    HERE

  • neenioneenio Member Posts: 43
    ive had same problems all day and last night spent an hour on phone to cc told me there were no issues must be ur end i said look at forum theres numerous players experiancing same issues told me the forum chat is irrelevent i said doesnt it show its an across the board problem rather than an isolated problem. i asked them to check my gameplay which has prob been around 10 hours within 2 mins they told me they couldnt find anything which is an impossibility would take a fair amount of time. not happy from a buisiness prospective they should be looking after their poker players as thats where the revenue comes from. tbh the phone call was waste of an hour
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 93,283
    neenio said:

    ive had same problems all day and last night spent an hour on phone to cc told me there were no issues must be ur end i said look at forum theres numerous players experiancing same issues told me the forum chat is irrelevent i said doesnt it show its an across the board problem rather than an isolated problem. i asked them to check my gameplay which has prob been around 10 hours within 2 mins they told me they couldnt find anything which is an impossibility would take a fair amount of time. not happy from a buisiness prospective they should be looking after their poker players as thats where the revenue comes from. tbh the phone call was waste of an hour

    Apologies for this.

    It's late evening (early morning actually) & the excellent CC staff are WFH, which makes communication difficult, especially at this time of night/morning. They do a terrific job in circumstances which are often difficult, as they have been this evening.

    The whole matter will be looked at in the morning & I'll try to keep you updated on this thread.
  • neenioneenio Member Posts: 43
    thanks much appreciated and yes its extra tough at min for everyone
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 210
    I too have been having the same issues I think this may be due to the adobe thing I am glad to realize many others are having this issue, not because I want others to suffer i dont but more because i was fearing this would be me leaving the site. I hope this gets resolved soon cant really play properly as a hyper player with this going on. I have assignment working on and birthday coming up so wont be active the next few days anyway but still i dont want to abandon this site.

    I have found another site which is looking good so may drop activity here anyway but we shall see.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 93,283
    edited January 21
    Morning.

    Please be assured this thread is on the desks of all the right people this morning.

    Hopefully there will be updates from the Techies, Management or myself as the day progresses.

    I do wish to confirm that some mis-communication arose last night. The suggestion made that players should not multi-table is not correct. Quite how that arose I don't know, but please ignore it.

    When Sam mentioned a few days ago that Sky Poker has a "small, hard-working staff" he got a nasty poke in the eye from one gentleman, which is fair enough I suppose. However, the thing with CC at the moment is they are probably working from home, so it's not so easy to chat to colleagues or run awkward questions past them. When it's midnight, & they are sat in their kitchen or back bedroom handling calls from customers, some of them very angry, it's not much fun really, & certainly not as efficient as working in the office. COVID & Lockdown affects us all in so many ways.
  • NitrogenNitrogen Member Posts: 66
    Speaking as a person working in the world of software and systems I feel your pain, that of the team working on it and the people affected. Sounds like a nasty bug to pin down.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 93,283
    edited January 21
    Hi,

    Some changes have been made which should hopefully eradicate those unfortunate problem which arose on Tuesday & Wednesday.

    However, the nature of the problem is such that it does not really show up on internal testing, so feedback from the players really helps.

    So if you do experience similar problems today, or even if the problem has cleared for you, please let them know on this thread. Be assured, the Techies & Suits are reading the thread.

    Thanks.


    @HelsBels24
    @steveysee
    @Goody_Ace
    @Allan23
    @Essexphil
    @mumsie
    @MISTY4ME
    @StayOrGo
    @neenio
    @Doubleme
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 210
    Tikay10 said:

    Hi,

    Some changes have been made which should eradicate those unfortunate problem which arose on Tuesday & Wednesday.

    However, the nature of the problem is such that it does not really show up on internal testing, so feedback from the players really helps.

    So if you do experience similar problems today, or if the problem has cleared for you, please let us know on this thread.

    Thanks.


    @HelsBels24
    @steveysee
    @Goody_Ace
    @Allan23
    @Essexphil
    @mumsie
    @MISTY4ME
    @StayOrGo
    @neenio
    @Doubleme

    Hi thanks for your efforts. unfortunately I have an assignment due tommorrow and tomorrow is also my birthday so I likely wont be on much at all until saturday. I might do the odd timed tourney/free roll but other then that not much poker for me until saturday earliest.

    I did have a table stall and needed to quit out and reload it earlier today not sure if that is related to the issues i was having before.
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 1,167
    Had issues where tables don't open at the start of the tournament. Even if you watch the tournament lobby it is behind the actual play. You can easily miss a couple of hands before the launch. Not too much of a problem unless it is your big and small blinds.
    Had exactly this today in 12.30 Lunchtime tournament.

    Have experienced the other issues mentioned over the last week. Needing to reload tables, being told that "another sit and go" is happening when I haven't entered one and tables just freezing.

    Obviously some glitches somewhere? Maybe fixed now but hope this helps.

  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 4,868
    edited January 21
    Doubleme said:

    Tikay10 said:

    Hi,

    Some changes have been made which should eradicate those unfortunate problem which arose on Tuesday & Wednesday.

    However, the nature of the problem is such that it does not really show up on internal testing, so feedback from the players really helps.

    So if you do experience similar problems today, or if the problem has cleared for you, please let us know on this thread.

    Thanks.


    @HelsBels24
    @steveysee
    @Goody_Ace
    @Allan23
    @Essexphil
    @mumsie
    @MISTY4ME
    @StayOrGo
    @neenio
    @Doubleme

    Hi thanks for your efforts. unfortunately I have an assignment due tommorrow and tomorrow is also my birthday so I likely wont be on much at all until saturday. I might do the odd timed tourney/free roll but other then that not much poker for me until saturday earliest.

    I did have a table stall and needed to quit out and reload it earlier today not sure if that is related to the issues i was having before.
    Maybe sky could postpone the glitch until Saturday when you're available. :wink:
  • neenioneenio Member Posts: 43
    it seems to be fine now will they compensate for yesterday
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 210
    mumsie said:

    Doubleme said:

    Tikay10 said:

    Hi,

    Some changes have been made which should eradicate those unfortunate problem which arose on Tuesday & Wednesday.

    However, the nature of the problem is such that it does not really show up on internal testing, so feedback from the players really helps.

    So if you do experience similar problems today, or if the problem has cleared for you, please let us know on this thread.

    Thanks.


    @HelsBels24
    @steveysee
    @Goody_Ace
    @Allan23
    @Essexphil
    @mumsie
    @MISTY4ME
    @StayOrGo
    @neenio
    @Doubleme

    Hi thanks for your efforts. unfortunately I have an assignment due tommorrow and tomorrow is also my birthday so I likely wont be on much at all until saturday. I might do the odd timed tourney/free roll but other then that not much poker for me until saturday earliest.

    I did have a table stall and needed to quit out and reload it earlier today not sure if that is related to the issues i was having before.
    Maybe sky could postpone the glitch until Saturday when you're available.
    very good just Tikay is making a lot of effort and i felt it appropiate to show that respect and at least let him know I would not be able to help much with feedback over the next two days.

    Maybe my comment was unneccessary i dont know I am not an expert at social conventions.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 4,868
    I knew I should have included a smiley at the end.

    Ill edit one in to suggest light heartedness. @Doubleme
  • sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 38
    edited January 21
    dunno if this is related, helpful or belongs in a different post as i've not personally had issues with tables not loading however if it's not currently being addressed I'm still having the pause which is causing a lot of lag when playing more than 3 tables and the lobby isn't updating very well, for example it will say 5 players registered in a DYM but when you click and open the game it will only show you names of 2/3 players registered. This is on download client.

    Cheers
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 11,437

    dunno if this is related, helpful or belongs in a different post as i've not personally had issues with tables not loading however if it's not currently being addressed I'm still having the pause which is causing a lot of lag when playing more than 3 tables and the lobby isn't updating very well, for example it will say 5 players registered in a DYM but when you click and open the game it will only show you names of 2/3 players registered. This is on download client.

    Cheers

    Yes lobby does not reflect actual, and is generally "behind"

    I have tried logging on and off, but the lag still seems to exist.

    Not played today yet though and will provide feedback as requested @Tikay10
Sign In or Register to comment.