You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tables not opening again!

12346»

Comments

  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 3,648
    I have played rather a lot of tables today.

    One (yes, one) did have loading problems. Which, incidentally, had 3 out of 6 who could not log on, 2 of which were playing lots of tables, being TDYM regs.

    I was 1 of 3 that could log on to that 1. So now £6.50 down, instead of £11.00.

    Funny how everyone always demands compo when miss out, but always happy to keep the profits when it's the other way round. It's not Sky that profit when this happens-it's the other players.
  • eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,108
    Been getting this problem & find the the only way to resolve it is to shut down the client & re-load
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 2,400
    Essexphil said:

    I have played rather a lot of tables today.

    One (yes, one) did have loading problems. Which, incidentally, had 3 out of 6 who could not log on, 2 of which were playing lots of tables, being TDYM regs.

    I was 1 of 3 that could log on to that 1. So now £6.50 down, instead of £11.00.

    Funny how everyone always demands compo when miss out, but always happy to keep the profits when it's the other way round. It's not Sky that profit when this happens-it's the other players.

    I think you're missing the point Phil, without the problem the 3 that didn't cash would obviously have cashed and as the 3 that did cash cashed it means that it's Sky's fault that all 6 didn't cash, if the 3 that didn't cash get compo then all 6 cash and there are no non cashers, simples. :)
  • Pipster81Pipster81 Member Posts: 15
    My point was its shocking how rude some staff are and refuse to listen, even though sky have been having issues since the 20th of january and theres over 80 posts about it
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 93,283
    edited February 4
    Pipster81 said:

    My point was its shocking how rude some staff are and refuse to listen, even though sky have been having issues since the 20th of january and theres over 80 posts about it


    @Pipster81

    Very sorry to hear that, it's very rare indeed to receive complaints about rudeness from the Customer Care Staff who do a terrific job under very difficult circumstances, especially whilst WFH due to COVID.

    Well done on cashing in tonight's Rewards Freeroll & your deep run in Wednesday's Mini.

    Have a great evening.

  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 7,588
    edited February 4
    Pipster81 said:

    My point was its shocking how rude some staff are and refuse to listen, even though sky have been having issues since the 20th of january and theres over 80 posts about it

    Based on this and your previous post I can imagine you're perfectly polite, reasonable, patient and understanding with the customer care staff.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 2,583
    edited February 5

    Pipster81 said:

    My point was its shocking how rude some staff are and refuse to listen, even though sky have been having issues since the 20th of january and theres over 80 posts about it

    Based on this and your previous post I can imagine you're perfectly polite, reasonable, patient and understanding with the customer care staff.
    like takeaways in Yorkshire, they even finish meals for you in some of them now.....
  • gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 154
    Up until now I have never had any real problems apart from very occasional slight lag when I have around 6 tables open.
    Over the last couple of days I now had this freezing issue and it is difficult to notice if you have more than 6 tables open.
    Also seems to happen if I move table especially going onto final table from last 2 (very rare event lol).
    Shutting the table down doesnt work as it will not reload again (possibly as table no longer exists) so I have to shut down sky completely and reload which obv b*ggers up my other games.
    Also sometimes the original still does not open and I have to go looking for it in the lobby and relaunch from there.
    I am on the download client and have not uninstalled flash player.
    I was mainly playing DYMs until recently starting to multitable MTTs again so the problem may already have been there waiting.
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,426
    Out of interest, why has the sky download tab been removed from the site. After having many issues over the last few weeks I uninstalled my old download client only to find I couldn't reinstall. Playing the browser version is such a bad experience for me, with resizing of tables etc not working. Are we at the stage where Sky are going to admit the software is now not fit for purpose and its time to migrate over to Stars platform?
  • Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 48
    Hi @ACEGOONER that’s a valid point - because of the difficulties HARMAN have had taking over the Adobe AIR maintenance, and the complications outlined on this post, we couldn’t in good conscience continue to push new customers to this experience.

    The new Runtime is available already, and we will be releasing a new version of the Download Client built with HARMAN SDK (removing the installer complications) shortly, at which point we will feel more comfortable to reinstate the download tab. In the meantime, a much less prominent link remains near the bottom of the homepage, and the page itself is still accessible: https://www.skypoker.com/download
  • Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 188
    Well, it's still doing it.
    Very frustrating.
  • hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 16
    hi i can't comment on tables that aren;t opening as that never happened to me but i do have the slight laggy delay when clicking an action which has been reported here. Its getting on for a month and still no fix or word from sky? as others have said it really ruins the playing experience when playing more than 4 tables. Is this going to continue for another month? 3 months? or is it now permanent?

    Any kind of update rather than it's being looked into would be great because lets be honest, from a purely observational perspective any site that takes longer than a month to fix a technical issue has no interest in growing the site which suggests the site is on it's last legs.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 93,283
    hanlan123 said:

    hi i can't comment on tables that aren;t opening as that never happened to me but i do have the slight laggy delay when clicking an action which has been reported here. Its getting on for a month and still no fix or word from sky? as others have said it really ruins the playing experience when playing more than 4 tables. Is this going to continue for another month? 3 months? or is it now permanent?

    Any kind of update rather than it's being looked into would be great because lets be honest, from a purely observational perspective any site that takes longer than a month to fix a technical issue has no interest in growing the site which suggests the site is on it's last legs.


    @hanlan123

    As I have reported on this Forum several times, this has been a particularly difficult problem to solve, & they first had to give priority to the complications that arose from the Flash situation, not all of which is was possible to foresee. They are continuing to try to sort it & will continue to do. It would be irresponsible to put a timescale of fixing it because I doubt if they know, but they are trying to solve it.


  • hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 16
    still, purely observational but i have played on numerous sites, none of which bar sky have had a major technical issue for longer than 48 hours let alone nearly a month.

    Don't mistake this for criticism of the sky techies or yourself Tikay as you're always on the ball and respond instantly and fairly but as previously reported they are only a small team working from home, can't be easy. But with such major issues why are they not getting more support?

    of course a company can't click their fingers and magically have more staff but do you think the other major poker site that the owners of sky own would have these kind of issues? They would be sorted in a matter of hours.

    I'd put money that the folk at the top of the chain don't even know of any issues here as surely if they did/cared the first priority would to be instantly set up a working site. SkyChris even mentioned that new players can't even download the client!! no new player would last longer than a couple of the days playing on the desktop version hence my concern that with no kind of player growth and players leaving the site, the site is on it's last legs.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 93,283

    @hanlan123


    "SkyChris even mentioned that new players can't even download the client!!"


    I believe that has ben resolved now.
Sign In or Register to comment.