You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tables not opening again!

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    edited January 2021
    MAXALLY said:

Didnt play much last night, but just had my 1st non opening table.

Chrome....download. It was an AIPF sat, so I will now contact CS for an hour to reclaim my £3 back.

If it is not happening on the cash tables, surely this must be to do with the lobby loading coding for MTT/DYM games? (including memory)

Maybe "cash players" are just not complaining, as it only really affects the hand they are playing and if a table fails to open, no harm done for them.

Just a thought.
  • Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    I found a sort of 'workaround' or at least it worked for me.
    Re: table not opening, then duplicate table warning.
    I open another instance of sky poker, then try to join the same table. I get the warning duplicate table open but... the original one has now opened.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,853
    Goody_Ace said:

I found a sort of 'workaround' or at least it worked for me.
    Re: table not opening, then duplicate table warning.
    I open another instance of sky poker, then try to join the same table. I get the warning duplicate table open but... the original one has now opened.

@Goody_Ace

Good work, Goody, thanks.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    StayOrGo said:

MAXALLY said:

Chrome....download. It was an AIPF sat, so I will now contact CS for an hour to reclaim my £3 back.

If it is not happening on the cash tables, surely this must be to do with the lobby loading coding for MTT/DYM games? (including memory)

Maybe "cash players" are just not complaining, as it only really affects the hand they are playing and if a table fails to open, no harm done for them.

Just a thought.

It might be important.

It definitely hasn't happened to me on any cash tables, only tournament tables.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    i've got an old system on windows 7 and had no problems is it because sky software is old that my old lappy copes better idk
    technology is progressing so fast the sky software is just not coping , i'm probably completely wrong
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    I was playin a cash game and tourney at the same time, got frozen out the £1,000 re/buy tourney, cash game was fine, I registered into the £300 deep stack to see if I could get into another tourney, my intension was to unregister if it was ok as I was just seeing if the rest of the lobby was working, anyway tourney had started so I couldn't unregister I then went on to win it, every cloud and all that :) .
  • GuyL2GuyL2 Member Posts: 11
    StayOrGo said:

MAXALLY said:

Just a thought.
    Unfortunately it is happing for in the cash games as well as MTT's and SNG's.

Obviously unless you're midway through a hand when it glitches it doesn't effect you in the same way as the other formats since you don't get blinded down and just sit out until the table has reloaded (or not as is sometimes the case).

That being said I've spoken to other cash players and it's happening to lots of them and when it does glitch mid-hand and it can be very frustrating and massively effect chances of winning the hand (you just have to hope it checks down and you win at showdown)
    and profitability at the tables.

Hope this problem gets resolved asap as I'm sure if it continues much longer it will drive players away from the games/ site in general which is not what any of us want.

GL to all at the tables (if they load)
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Can confirm it is happening at cash tables - I've also been experiencing more crashes and lag when multi-tabling than ever before. Also last night around 3am every table froze for everyone and you had to restart the client.
    SMARTGOAT said:

Can confirm it is happening at cash tables - I've also been experiencing more crashes and lag when multi-tabling than ever before. Also last night around 3am every table froze for everyone and you had to restart the client.

Hi @SMARTGOAT

That thing at 3am was not connected to any of the recent issues on Sky Poker, it was a "Network Connectivity Blip" between 0317 & 0321 which affected all SB&G Products.

@GuyL2 & @SMARTGOAT

"Unfortunately it is happing for in the cash games as well"

Can you please clarify exactly what is happening?
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Tikay10 said:

@GuyL2 & @SMARTGOAT

"Unfortunately it is happing for in the cash games as well"

Can you please clarify exactly what is happening?

At times when I open a table it has the reload table error message or duplicate message - Not a big issue for cash players as you haven't bought in yet - when the client crashes and your tables re open automatically when you log back in, the same problem can occur. - As for today, I haven't had any issues.

^^^^

@SMARTGOAT

Thanks.
  • GuyL2GuyL2 Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2021
    Hi @Tikay10 so basically it seems pretty random but the past week or so between 1 and all of my tables have been crashing/ glitching every so often, showing me reload messages (shown in attached images below).

This has resulted in timing out/ losing hands i’d have been certain to win- a good example was in a single raise pot where I flopped quad 5’s, i x/call flop turn xx (at which point my table crashes) and river I just auto check fold to a bet (with quads?!).

Although I see the funny side because it was a small pot it’s not the point, there’s obviously a big problem for lots of players on the site with this happening and I’m hoping it gets sorted asap.

Any more info required please feel free to ask.

@GuyL2

Perfectly described, thanks.
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited January 2021
    These same issues have affected me for months. I gradually reduced my volume on Sky because I was spending more time sat out/away from the tables (and unable to get back) than playing. It got to the point where I couldn't justify playing here and so stopped playing completely about ten days ago now.

It's a shame. Hope the long awaited and long overdue overhaul of the software happens soon.
  • neenioneenio Member Posts: 58
    so will we be compensated refunded for the mtts and sngs which were affected which was basically all of mon and tuesdays i posed the question today to cc they were going to until they realised how much it was said i would have to go through complaints which can be upto 8 weeks that wont be happening.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    Tikay10 said:

Hi,

Some changes have been made which should hopefully eradicate those unfortunate problem which arose on Tuesday & Wednesday.

However, the nature of the problem is such that it does not really show up on internal testing, so feedback from the players really helps.

So if you do experience similar problems today, or even if the problem has cleared for you, please let them know on this thread. Be assured, the Techies & Suits are reading the thread.

Thanks.

@HelsBels24
    @steveysee
    @Goody_Ace
    @Allan23
    @Essexphil
    @mumsie
    @MISTY4ME
    @StayOrGo
    @neenio
    @Doubleme

No problem for me the last two nights @Tikay10

Only playing four tables max though.
    nor me but a refund for the probs mon and tues would be the decent thing to do
    neenio said:

nor me but a refund for the probs mon and tues would be the decent thing to do

@neenio

I'm sorry you had some issues on Monday & Tuesday.

It's always been the case that Sky Poker are wholly reasonable with players when things go wrong & I'm sure you & everyone else knows that. The problem with "intermittent" issues is it is hard to gauge properly how much different players were affected.

Can I just clarify what you are asking?

In your earlier post, you wrote;

"so will we be compensated refunded for the mtts and sngs which were affected which was basically all of mon and tuesdays"

Note "all of mon & tuesdays"?

On Monday you played for 8.5 hours (2.5 + 6) & on Tuesday 7 hours (1 + 6), and that included winning Midnight Express for some £390 & 13th of 124 in a £5.50 BH for £30. In all you played 22 MTT's over a 15.5 hour period on those two days.

If the issues were affecting you that badly, why did you keep registering for a 15.5 hour period? And you are requesting a refund for all those games?

no im not suggesting a total refund although cc offered to refund every mtt i didnt cash in their idea then calculated it and back tracked. i think im frustrated because you cant contact poker direct and have to go through a cc agent who most of the time has no idea about poker or the workings of it and it just feels like u get batted around with no outcome. when priority cc was in place was a diff story they were knowledgeable and the problem was solved quickly in most cases.
    additionally whenever u highlight a poker issuse it is
    always it must be ur end have u cleared ur cookies etc and once again thats what happened although eventually they accepted it was their end.
    im sure if u paid for a service and didnt receive it on thoses days and then had the problem compounded by pretty poor cc surely ud expect some sort of reasonable compensation maybe 25 percent would be fair.
    to answer why did i carry on i decided to soldier on and hope it got sorted quick although in order for that to happen u have to admit there is a problem initially so i guess my bad.