You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

European Super League

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Was this just a game to put the chills up UEFA? To demonstrate that it could happen in the future?

The last 48 hours all just seems so.....pointless.

Great prep for a cup final on Sunday, brilliant.

KDB might be fit so I guess it's not all bad.
  • Options
    Vespa would love the City forum Blue Moon right now.

Conspiracy central that this was all a sting to throw Liverpool/United under the bus.

Maybe COVID is just a hoax after all; I'm not sure what to believe anymore?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
  • Options
    Football fans are tribal and may hate each other but we are united in loving our clubs
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    stokefc said:

Football fans are tribal and may hate each other but we are united in loving our clubs

Please don't mention 'Siege Mentality' as I couldn't go through all that again... :)
  • Options

Aleksandar Ceferin, the president of Uefa, has had this to say on City’s withdrawal from the Super League project:

I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family. They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football. As I said at the Uefa Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision. City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Aleksandar Ceferin, the president of Uefa, has had this to say on City’s withdrawal from the Super League project:

I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family. They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football. As I said at the Uefa Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision. City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.

yuk , a little bit of sick just come up
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Is that the same City that Uefa tried to sanction for breaching their own FFP rules ?
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Tikay10 said:

All those plastic fans have nearly melted with this news.

Anyway, Villa and Forest are bigger European clubs than them and Chelski.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

Is that the same City that Uefa tried to sanction for breaching their own FFP rules ?
    Tried and failed.

Strange having UEFA trying to butter us up when we detest that organisation.

Oh, and speaking of plastics.....

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    c/o Paddy Power...

Turns out Chelsea and Man City are withdrawing from the European Super League after their fans were outraged at a grotesque influx of money from abroad creating mass inequality between clubs.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Fake news, lmfao.

Please, if you open a thread, can you check for the old fashioned thing called ‘ reality’.

Sky news gets the latest from that well known Liverpool hotspot.......... Washington DC.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs all OUT of ESL
  • Options

This is the footballing equivalent of "Please take me back babe, she meant nothing to me, it was just a huge mistake, I love you".
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Tikay10 said:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs all OUT of ESL

So its now only Euro teams left in it 🙈🙉🙊🤑

No doubt zero fines.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186

lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

Tried and failed.

The Etihad, The Emirates, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge all have what in common ?

Answer, you got out sung, out chanted and completely owned on your own turf by Stoke fans.

No atmosphere, sterile, lifeless and only noticable when you score. You even got out sung by Port Vale in the FA Cup in your own ground. BY THE VALE, and they lost the game.

At least Maine Road had a great atmosphere, mind you back then it housed passionate supporters not plastic "Never missed a match in 20 years" barstool B.Sers who until they got some success couldn,t stick a pin in a map and get within 6 inches of Manchester.

Who are the only club who haven't raised ticket prices for the 10 years they were in the Prem and still haven't ?

Who were the only club to provide free travel to all away games ?

Who are the only club who actually care about their fans ?

I'll give you a clue Chelsea want their cold wet Tuesdays there, even though it won't be for a couple of seasons.

We are Stoke, that means something to us, but hey you just wouldn't understand.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

Tried and failed.

The Etihad, The Emirates, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge all have what in common ?

Answer, you got out sung, out chanted and completely owned on your own turf by Stoke fans.

No atmosphere, sterile, lifeless and only noticable when you score. You even got out sung by Port Vale in the FA Cup in your own ground. BY THE VALE, and they lost the game.

At least Maine Road had a great atmosphere, mind you back then it housed passionate supporters not plastic "Never missed a match in 20 years" barstool B.Sers who until they got some success couldn,t stick a pin in a map and get within 6 inches of Manchester.

Who are the only club who haven't raised ticket prices for the 10 years they were in the Prem and still haven't ?

Who were the only club to provide free travel to all away games ?

Who are the only club who actually care about their fans ?

I'll give you a clue Chelsea want their cold wet Tuesdays there, even though it won't be for a couple of seasons.

We are Stoke, that means something to us, but hey you just wouldn't understand.
    Why did your average attendance drop by many thousands over a couple of seasons?

17/18 average of over 29k in the Premier League.

19/20 average of under 23k in the Championship.

You're right, I don't understand why you lost over 6,000 fans in 2 years.

2nd December 2017.
    You played, and beat, Swansea at home in front of a 28,261 spectators. Both clubs would be relegated from the Premier League that season.

18th September 2018.
    You play Swansea at home again, this time in the Championship. Attendance of 22,078.

Identical game only 10 months apart. Over 6000 fans less.
    Seems the plastics weren't interested when you dropped down a division.

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited April 2021
    All ‘ noise’.

Do you think that what are perceived as astute businessmen/ crooks, would have carried out no due diligence?
    This tosh will have a story behind it.
    FIFA saves the ‘ beautiful game’.

I thought the aim of FIFA was to promote the game worldwide?
    So, surely there should be a worldwide league? Not a league crammed into Europe.Too radical I suspect.
    Bit like having a World Cup in Qatar. Bit far fetched.
    A super league for super teams?
    I see no super teams.
    Although the Champions league mostly contain non-champions,it would be par for the course.

The home of FIFA , Switzerland.
    Also the home of Bank settlements, Davos, WHO. Bang in the middle of Europe, but not in the EU.
    Gonna give them a mention as they only pop up if they beat us.

One for the remoaners.

Rumour has it the EU are bankrupt and all the pension pots have been pilfered. It’s all gone.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,193
    'BREXIT', 'Super ridiculous'... 'They've CRUMBLED!' Europe's papers react with JOY this morning at Big Six English clubs withdrawing from the European Super League... with Man City and Chelsea leading the way after dramatic evening of events

Europe's media rejoiced on Wednesday morning after the controversial European Super League plans were left in tatters, with Mundo Deportivo boldly headlining with 'BREXIT' following all of England's 'Big Six' withdrawing their membership. Spanish sports paper Mundo came down hard on the 73-year-old executive, headlining with ' BREXIT ' on their front cover this morning alongside 'Super League agony - the English clubs leave Florentino's project' while AS stated: 'England blows up the Super League!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9494473/Europes-papers-react-JOY-Big-Six-English-clubs-withdrawing-European-Super-League.html