You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sets Are Best - CraigSG1 Diary. UPDATE

Comments

• CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,804
    Hi all,

First, thanks for all the feedback. One thing with me is i have a steady emotional level but i can have a jump one way or another. Its great when i get a high from say winning an MTT (especially a big one - for me) but even though i know better i can get quite down.

I can normally ride it if im only getting unlucky every now and then but when it happens in quick succession it gets very hard. And if its happened on successive days then i get like that!

Second, a round up of tonight. Started late because my twins had a hard time settling so i ended up late regging the £2 (which is going on right now - im 1/4) by 35 minutes and the FR and £5 by about 5 minutes.

The FR started ok bit i busted that in a standard spot - i was ahead but cant fault the call.

The £5 started slow then went amazing, i played well but this time my hands held and i also got gifted two big pots with over played hands against first my KK to A7 when they shoved a big stack with 2nd pair 7 and then i made nut flush and got paid.

It was a bit slower near the cash and i didnt hold in two spots when i was ahead but i did chip up with a bluff and a small pot and cashed. From there when about 8/23 i busted in 3 hands of the next four.

First called AQ against KJ for a head and lost river K - 2nd, got QQ against an aggressive player who had AA(!) and then two hands later A10 v AA and gone just like that!

The £7 was an utter disaster - got a stack early but no head only to bust within two hands. UTG lose player jams all in and i call 1010 and he shows 99. Flops a 9 and turns a 9 for quads! I then get AK and the utg limper calls my all in with A10 - flops a 10, turns a 10!

So that leaves the £2 in which i am 1/3 at the moment with a big advantage.

Third some loose ends - ive yet to hear from about last months competitions tie breaker.

@goldnballz @mumsie

How many times did i get dealt KK in the same period? As you won the 2nd part can goldnballz set the line and answer first please. Thanks.

The entries for this months are thus:
    August Comp - Race For Cash

Asho08..........16......7
    poppy765.......14......4
    Mr_Chips........18......5
    goldenbalz.....19......4
    spike4000.......19.....8
    Toffeeandy.....22......6

LAST CHANCE FOR ENTRIES IS BY 6PM TOMORROW

So, i have been HU for 20 minutes and had my opponent down to 7bb before he got KK to double. Ive played good and he has got close but then ive pulled away only for him to jam a lot. I finally call A10 and he has J10 - i turn an ace but he rivers a straight! That was for the win now he goes ahead but i get some luck for me this time A6s v A8 and i flop 6 and turn a 6 to get back to being big chip leader.

Now we are battling again. Its annoying as he keeps all ins and i have hands like 109s or K7s and i know i can beat him without the high variance.

Sigh - have 88 - he goes with A6 and flops an A. Three times for the win and three losses.

Now i lose Q10 v AK for 2nd. So annoying, was easily the better player yet all that FT he kept sucking out or going all in.

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    @craigcu12
    Im waiting for Kieth to go first.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    sorry for the delay....

I'll go for 17

@mumsie
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    I'll go.higher then.
    Well, sorry @mumsie but you was out of it immediately because @goldnballz just swans in late and nails it with 17. How does he do it? :wink: Congrats.
    Hmmm,

So far another night of annoying suck outs. Start with the £2 - started well, playing good then get big 3b shoved on with JJ and call and lose race v AK.

FR - started amazing, got huge stack then nothing. Got close to cashing and ended up losing another flip to bust.

£7 - Didnt get much but stayed in it. Got mid way and then first targeted one fish with KQs after all he did was go all in and he had A3s and won, i then get a pp expect to get a 3b shove against him through or called but the button wakes up with QQ but i flop a set to get lucky. Same fish then raise calls all in with A4o and i have 1010 - only for an A to hit the river!

£5 - currently in 10/85. Second hand doubled and took a head with KK v 44 when 44 check shoved flop. I then didnt get much until couple hands ago where a big stack playing every hand had 99 when i 3b shoved him with AKs and won the flip.

Race for Cash: ENTRIES CLOSED

Cashes.............FT

Update:

Cashed - 5/20
    edited August 2022
    Update:

FT - 3/6

Not had a lot and im against some loose aggressive players so just hope i can hold when it counts.

Race for Cash: ENTRIES CLOSED

Cashes.............FT

EDIT: LOL, first hand big chip leader limps AKs UTG and i have 103 in BB. Flop is 103K - lose a decent pot when it goes Q A. Lose min in circumstance.
    edited August 2022
    Update:

Now HU - with a small lead after laddering up again and again. I just could not get a hand and was twenty minutes before my HU opponent (who was knocking out ppl for fun and big leader) doubled me with AJ v my AK.

I then got HU with him a huge chip leader but i managed to get paid with a FH when he bluff reraised river. Ive since had A9 v AK when he was low so we are now close again and i thought i had him when i had a higher straight than the obvious on the board but he had it too.

On a break - it would be amazing to win as i lost yesterday when HU with a big lead so to reverse that here would be awesome and make it 5 wins this year. But before i go back into battle im happy with 2nd if thats what comes because of how i got here. Not having much and staying patient and making the maximum with that trash i had.

EDIT: Sick spot - i have KQs v his KJs I flop top pr Q and he the flush and i improved to trips on river.

Its over. Q10s v A4 - i flop FD and turn gut shot but mis v his 2 pair. He took everyone out and ran golden. It happens as it did for me earlier. Still, four wins and three 2nds this year in this.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807

Good result whatever happens Craig.
    Hey up,

Tonight was just a steady night, not too much happened. Normally been getting 3/4 super suck outs but tonight there was only one. But i did get one back - my only two heads for the night in one swoop - a short stack and me calling with 1010 then having to call 1/4 pot more of another all in and he had JJ and the shortie AQ. I flopped a 10 to scoop the pot and propel me to he chip lead in the £2 which i held for a while but didnt really get much more. Ended up cashing in 8th - pretty good with the hands i had.

The big suck out came in the £7 when i big 3b with AK and a guy snap cold called with Q3 and then called my flop all in when i had overs and a FD with nothing and it came a Q and a brick on the river.

£5 - i got a loose call on the river with a bad top pr who called down my aggression when i had a pr and a str draw that bricked out. Im happy with the bluff and i will target this player accordingly.

Race for Cash:

Cashes.............FT

Hey,

Busy first day of my two weeks off and to add to that the girls took longer to go down than normal so started forty minutes late.

Late reg the £2 but didnt last long. Got AJs and had four limpers so went to take it down and not too bothered if i got called. I did, got snapped by 33 and QJs. It bricked out and 33 took the lot. *shrugs*

£7 lasted half hour - then had 1010 against a guy who had shoved all in numerous times and he 3b me for the first time which was a bit odd but 1010 just too strong so went with it and he showed AQo. Rivered the A. *another shrug*

For laughs played the £5 rebuy BH for the first time - didnt get much and then against a loose player lost to his 109o that flopped nuts!

So far my normal £5 BH is where its at - im currently 6/74 with three heads.

Lets see what the rest of the night brings...
    edited August 2022
    Update 1: cashed - got a nice double up early to go 5th then got nothing and stuck between two big stacks going at each other. Dwindled to average then broke the bubble with 1010 v A10 only to lose a chunk trying to put pressure on a mid stack with nut flush draw but he hit a J to call flop all in. Currently 6/25

Update 2: Gutted. Got 7th after not having much and biding my time - got AQs 4b all in 3handed and got called by KQs and a K flopped. Would have been enough to get me joint 2nd.

Race for Cash:

Cashes.............FT

Another night putting myself in some fantastic positions only to lose.

£2 came and went in sickly style - flopped a set of 8s against an aggressive player but he had flopped a set of Kings so gg me.

Cashed in the FR but lost a dominating situation to the 3 outer.

£5 - went quite well, picked up four heads but nearing the cash I couldn't hold in any situation, lost all my 40/60s and got a snap call from Q7s but I had 79s and lost. Bad call imo but hey.

£7 - couldn't get a stack going, every time I did I again lost so the agg players in hands such as Q3s v my top prs. They just had it every time in weird ways. The river not my friend in any pot tonight.

I ended up playing the rebuy and ended up with a middling stack after the rebuy period and then in common fashion of late I had this four way hand to give me a chip lead pot...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    skinup1970Small blind90.0090.008910.00
    lundieBig blind180.00270.006820.00
    ArrogantSit out
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Nav1Raise540.00810.008460.00
    CraigSG1Raise1890.002700.0010095.00
    skinup1970Call1800.004500.007110.00
    lundieAll-in6820.0011320.000.00
    Nav1All-in8460.0019780.000.00
    CraigSG1All-in10095.0029875.000.00
    skinup1970All-in7110.0036985.000.00
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet2985.0034000.002985.00
    skinup1970Show
    • J
    • A
    lundieShow
    • K
    • A
    Nav1Show
    CraigSG1Show
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    Turn
    • J
    River
    • J
    skinup1970WinThree Jacks34000.0034000.00

I managed to stay patient and I got my stack up to a top tier one only to again lose a dominating situation AK v AJ and drop down and then bust when I flopped top 2 and got all in v nothing only for them to hit trips turn and river.

Frustrating. For someone who only plays say 3/4 MTTs is it normal to have so many suckouts? And I mean runner runner, not losing flips or big hand v big hand?

Race for Cash:

Cashes.............FT

• FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 169
    CraigSG1 said:

This is your answer....

CraigSG1 400000 1 £134.30 + £49.17 Head Prizes 7 £14.15
    Shortyluke 0 2 £80.15 + £26.63 Head Prizes 6
    wynne1938 0 3 £47.80 + £11.43 Head Prizes 3
    tinytellah 0 4 £37.60 + £16.98 Head Prizes 7
    DEVILFI5H 0 5 £32 + £28.20 Head Prizes 10

Over the moon! We kept patient and after shortie wynn kept raising into my sb i finally had something better than 9h and went with A9s and he had A5s and we won. That gave me a very big chip lead and i whittle it down. Got QJ v AQ and lost but a few hands later won a race with AJ v 99 to take it down!

Honestly chuffed after that beat and the old adage was true - a chip and a chair!!!

Hi Craig, i have been on the missing list fora few weeks and catching up, would have loved to be on the rail for this, well played mate and agree with @Asho28 "chip and a chair, never say never" Gonna catch up on the 50+ posts i have missed and hopefully will see some more results :)
    Thanks @FORDAKIDZ

Took a night off to watch Better Call Saul and a chill night. Not so much chilling today.

Started off taking the bath apart to get at a dead rat that had been stinking up the house, that was gross! Then went to gym then shops. Followed that with taking my rear bumper off to fix a water ingress problem which ive never done before but was proud that I did it. Also chopped a few trees down and got a deep cut in the process as well as sunburn. Doh!

Was looking forward to a night on the computer but already I am out of three MTTs. I never seem to go out in normal ways, its always gross pots.

£2 - A fish who called with Q2o beat my A5 with nut FD and then I isolated an all in with 99 and he limp called a 3 way all in with Q10s and won so that was that.

£5 - Yet another limp caller who always calls light did so with 54s and on a K44 board I was knocked out with my AK.

Then the FR again got called by two very weak hands (J7o was the killer) to bust that.

Bit annoyed obviously. Got the £7 to play shortly and even though my emotions are high I will try my best. Feel like putting up my weakest game and play some cash just to have some tables going. Im caught wanting to play but not feeling great.

Im tired and this is probably a mistake but in a diary I have to be honest. Mind set is everything and im never just posting the good I am posting a lot of bad too.

Im ranting I guess. I know a lot more bad comes before good and im sure we all think we run worse than most and I really wish I could have a guy who could look at my last 20000 hands and see if what I feel is right.

Im still a believer that yes we all get the same luck good and bad but its when and where that comes in is important. If you hit a 1 outer to win an MTT or a small meaningless pot is a huge variable.

Right, lets see what I can do...
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807

"Took a night off to watch Better Call Saul"

The new Episode was very weird. It took a while before I recognized Kim.
    Tikay10 said:

"Took a night off to watch Better Call Saul"

The new Episode was very weird. It took a while before I recognized Kim.

Only BCS can get away with its pacing - which I enjoy. She did indeed look different with the dark hair.

I don't think she will get prosecuted and she may end up changing jobs and maybe even moving back to somehow help others in the community. As for Jimmy I have no clue. He wont die and he wont run away again as that leaves us in the same place as when the series started. The best I can come up with is being jailed and living his life as the guy "who gets you things'.

As for the rest of the night I made the best of bot a lot before the guy who limped every hand 4x in the sb - I shove with 88 and he calls A10 and hits A10 on the flop and gg me.

Not my night.

As for cash - I played ok actually and played two tables finishing just above a BI to alleviate some of tonights BI's.

Better luck tomorrow???
    edited August 2022
    Mixed bag of a night.

£7 lasted couple of hands - lost a race AKs v QQ. Didn't win a race all night so hopefully have a run soon.

£5 - Didn't much going and then lost AK v 22 against a serial limper and then busted with 33 v K2s a few hands later.

Cashed in the FR - eventually losing a race for a big pot and then busting in a 60/40.

Got 10th in the £2 - had a big stack near the end and was in top 3 for along while before the agg chip leader sucked out on me with my straight v a limped 82s that made a river flush and then he river me in another pot with a rash hand and then made 2 pr with another. I then busted with another 60/40.

Race for Cash:

Cashes.............FT

A reminder of the table:
    August Comp - Race For Cash

Asho08..........16......7
    poppy765.......14......4
    Mr_Chips........18......5
    goldenbalz.....19......4
    spike4000.......19.....8
    Toffeeandy.....22......6
    Another mixed bag,

£5 - out very early - missing a str flush draw on the flop to trips.
    £7 - couldn't get going, eventually losing a 60/40 in my favour (losing so many lately) and then a flip.
    FR - up and down, busting mid way when outdrawn all in.
    £2 - was where it was at again. Got a few early heads then had a decent stack but meandered for a long while before an absolutely mad 5 minutes.

I hit a set if 4s 3 way and got paid with a head I then get another set with 88 3 way again and take another big pot and a head and then AA UTG, raise and get two jams from QQ and JJ. Flop a set again to win that and have a monster chip lead (see below):

CraigSG1 43659 £8.87 Head Prizes 10 £3.94
    blu6 14897.82 £4.17 Head Prizes 5 £2.39
    garden 13801 £2.44 Head Prizes 3 £1.81

After that I got paid with a couple of hands for small pots but head prizes but then after that I got very little.

From cashing and going to 8 and 7 handed I kept getting lose calls (J2o, J8, 89) and my big hands missed so my chip advantage was almost gone at the FT. I did also get bluffed off the best hand in a 3 way pot that say @Asho28 triple up and become a threat and that would bite me.

It was a loose and agg FT and lost the chip lead when again losing to some poor calls and not having hands. I got 88 which I had to fold, KK which got a walk and then the killer hand in the end. Asho28 jammed the button with A4s - I call A10 and hit the 10 but lose to running flush. That would have got rid of the most dangerous player and given me a huge chip lead 3 handed.

I fluctuated a bit before losing with 88 again, then losing to 88 and then running into Asho28 QQ with A7 and no luck for me to bust in 4th. Very disappointed but I know that happens.

Race for Cash:

Cashes.............FT