You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sets Are Best - CraigSG1 Diary. UPDATE

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,862
    CraigSG1 said:

PS - Seems i won a £5 token myself in the low stakes leaderboard despite only playing two nights. If possible can i cash that please @Tikay10 for tomorrow nights 6:30PM BH?

@CraigSG1

Morning Craig,

Well done mate, you are now registered for tonight's (Thursday 28th) 18.30 BH.

I'm in the same boat^^^

I'll play tomorrow night's mini if that's ok @Tikay10

@goldnballz

Hi Keith,

Yup, that's sorted, gl mate.

CraigSG1 said:

Erm, well. I've just had a huge string of river bad beats to bust three if my four games in about twenty minutes.

I flop top two with KQs and lose to runner runner two pair v A7o (not sure why called flop). I then turn nut straight and lose to rivered better straight. I flop top two and lose to river flush. I make second nut flush (with a pair on flop) on river and lose to nut flush.

I get 1010 all in on flop against A7 top pr 7 and it goes runner runner straight on board for chip lead pot!

Finally - after many attempts the river worked for me for my first bounty when i was in BB and flopped pr n FD and button jammed flop with top 2.

Got called by J8 - he makes quads obviously.

Got 8th in the £2 - ran 66 into an agg players 77 on the button v my bb. *shrug*

Getting battered a bit lately but staying strong.

The end of Its a Flip and congrats to:

@goldnballz for guessing the wins (43) actual 20
    @Toffeeandy for guessing the losses (31) actual 20

Could @Tikay10 sort the guys out with the £5 tokens when possible.

Tomorrow starts Aces or Bust and so far i think only three entries. I will extend the deadline to July 2nd midnight and not divulge any information on that front until then.

Get your entries in folks!

Hi @Tikay10 , don't think I've used this yet, as you were in Vegas when it was won; could I be entered into tonight's mini please? Many thanks, Toff

@Toffeeandy

Apologies Andy, I never saw this until this morning (Thursday).

Please nominate a new date, thanks.
  • _Mr_Chips__Mr_Chips_ Member Posts: 245
    For August Comp - Race For Cash
    Could I have 18 - 5 plz
  • poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,495
    Goodluck next month :)
    For August Comp please can I have 14-4
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,804
    Tikay10 said:

CraigSG1 said:

PS - Seems i won a £5 token myself in the low stakes leaderboard despite only playing two nights. If possible can i cash that please @Tikay10 for tomorrow nights 6:30PM BH?

@CraigSG1

Morning Craig,

Well done mate, you are now registered for tonight's (Thursday 28th) 18.30 BH.

Tikay10 said:

CraigSG1 said:

Hi @Tikay10 Im working tonight so will request another day thanks.

@Tikay10 Hi. Not sure you got my last message but I’m working tonight. I will happily have Sunday same MTT please.
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Tikay10 said:

CraigSG1 said:

Erm, well. I've just had a huge string of river bad beats to bust three if my four games in about twenty minutes.

I flop top two with KQs and lose to runner runner two pair v A7o (not sure why called flop). I then turn nut straight and lose to rivered better straight. I flop top two and lose to river flush. I make second nut flush (with a pair on flop) on river and lose to nut flush.

I get 1010 all in on flop against A7 top pr 7 and it goes runner runner straight on board for chip lead pot!

Finally - after many attempts the river worked for me for my first bounty when i was in BB and flopped pr n FD and button jammed flop with top 2.

Got 8th in the £2 - ran 66 into an agg players 77 on the button v my bb. *shrug*

Tomorrow starts Aces or Bust and so far i think only three entries. I will extend the deadline to July 2nd midnight and not divulge any information on that front until then.

Hi @Tikay10 , don't think I've used this yet, as you were in Vegas when it was won; could I be entered into tonight's mini please? Many thanks, Toff

@Toffeeandy

No worries @Tikay10 , how about tonight, if it's not too short notice? Cheers

Tikay10 said:

CraigSG1 said:

@Toffeeandy

@Toffeeandy

DONE

GL mate

CraigSG1 said:

@Tikay10 Hi. Not sure you got my last message but I’m working tonight. I will happily have Sunday same MTT please.

@CraigSG1

No, never received another message, but no worries, I've now CANCELLED your entry for tonight & made a note to register you on Sunday instead.
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

CraigSG1 said:

@Toffeeandy

@Toffeeandy

DONE

GL mate

@Tikay10 , thanks, much appreciated.
    CraigSG1 said:

@CraigSG1

Morning,

I've now registered you for tonight's BH @ 18.30.

Have fun.
    Thanks @Tikay10

Not in the mood tonight for a big recap - i played four MTTs and ran just horrible in important pots. Just so so bad. Had a very big stack for a long time in the rebuy then lost to three 3 outers in a row then a cooler against the guy who kept outdrawing me to bust. Didnt pick a single bounty up dispite being ashead on numerous occasions or flipping.

New month, new luck hoperfully.
    Absolutely fuming at the minute.

I just cant catch a break at all - to run so bad is soul destroying. Im trying to keep positive but its so hard and i have mental issues as it is.

Add to that i feel like im talking to myself.

Two brutal hands within space of 5 minutes to end my night to go with the others ive suffered. All i can hope is that i will get the turn around soon..

Villian had been calling super light all game and amassing a stack by suck outs and it continued here...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    dixo64Small blind40.0040.002127.50
    bobstout23Big blind80.00120.005435.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • J
    glassman60Call80.00200.002175.00
    Johno60Call80.00280.009565.00
    CraigSG1Raise320.00600.003732.50
    lundieFold
    dixo64Fold
    bobstout23Fold
    glassman60Call240.00840.001935.00
    Johno60Call240.001080.009325.00
    Flop
    • Q
    • A
    glassman60Bet80.001160.001855.00
    Johno60Call80.001240.009245.00
    CraigSG1Raise740.001980.002992.50
    glassman60Fold
    Johno60Call660.002640.008585.00
    Turn
    Johno60Check
    CraigSG1All-in2992.505632.500.00
    Johno60Call2992.508625.005592.50
    Johno60Show
    • A
    CraigSG1Show
    • A
    • J
    River
    Johno60WinTwo Pairs, Aces and 6s8625.0014217.50
    Then five minutes later another 6... Just cant get a bounty to save my life at the minute let alone hold.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MegsySmall blind30.0030.00630.00
    6158jeff21Big blind60.0090.002495.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    lennononoCall60.00150.004002.50
    CraigSG1Call60.00210.004930.00
    pokaritoFold
    bigfatfishFold
    MegsyAll-in630.00840.000.00
    6158jeff21Fold
    lennononoCall600.001440.003402.50
    CraigSG1All-in4930.006370.000.00
    lennononoAll-in3402.509772.500.00
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet927.508845.00927.50
    MegsyShow
    • K
    • Q
    lennononoShow
    CraigSG1Show
    • A
    Flop
    Turn
    • A
    River
    lennononoWinThree 6s8845.008845.00

"Add to that i feel like im talking to myself".

Absolutely not. Hang in there Craig, it will turn soon enough. It's a tough game sometimes.
  • Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 277
    I'll guess 19-8 for the august comp please
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 764
    edited August 2022
    @CraigSG1

First and foremost Craig, you're not speaking to yourself. Many of us forum regulars read your updates, and I certainly enjoy them and provide feedback where I can/see fit.

Regarding your frustration, I think you're focusing too much on the short-term, which I myself have been guilty of in the past. Sometimes you'll go through spells where the cards aren't going in your favour and suffer a run of beats. It's important to remember that MTTs are high variance - I was speaking to a good micro-stakes reg a while back about £5.50 games on Sky, and they mentioned that they were on 40-tounament streak without cashing at those stakes, which just shows just how poorly people can run sometimes.
    How many times have you won that 6:30pm BH this year? 3 or 4 right? That's a 200+ field most nights so you've got to run well to win that on multiple occasions within a relatively short period of time, even if you have an edge on a good number of the players.

Just focus on making the correct decisions and plays, that's all you can do. And keep your head up mate - you've had a lot of great results this year already and I'm sure more will follow. :smile:
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    Asho28 said:

@CraigSG1

First and foremost Craig, you're not speaking to yourself. Many of us forum regulars read your updates, and I certainly enjoy them and provide feedback where I can/see fit.

Regarding your frustration, I think you're focusing too much on the short-term, which I myself have been guilty of in the past. Sometimes you'll go through spells where the cards aren't going in your favour and suffer a run of beats. It's important to remember that MTTs are high variance - I was speaking to a good micro-stakes reg a while back about £5.50 games on Sky, and they mentioned that they were on 40-tounament streak without cashing, which just shows just how poorly people can run sometimes.
    How many times have you won that 6:30pm BH this year? 3 or 4 right? That's a 200+ field most nights so you've got to run well to win that on multiple occasions within a relatively short period of time, even if you have an edge on a good number of the players.

Just focus on making the correct decisions and plays, that's all you can do. And keep your head up mate - you've had a lot of great results this year already and I'm sure more will follow. :smile:

^^^^ What she said.

Another reader, but dont comment as much as I probably should. Keep your head up, but take a break if the frustrations start to take over.
    Echo what Roberta (@Asho28) & maximilian (@MAXALLY) say, you can play as well as you can but if the cards aren't with you then you aren't gonna win. I've had a right time of it lately too but even I managed a rare win in the half 5 5.50 b/h tonight; just keep doing the right things and it will turn for you. :)