You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sets Are Best - CraigSG1 Diary. UPDATE

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    You're a seriously good player Craig that's why i was surprised with your reaction
    I know you want to do well and i know you struggled with tilt control previously i just think for a 2 quid game it should be meh and move on anyway all the best bro and hope to see you in Tikays winning enclosure many many times
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    @stokefc You'd think that would matter and it shouldn't I just get caught up for a few seconds in it all. Like I said, I aim to do better.

Like today - im finished already thanks to some tough, tough beats and I managed to keep my temper even though it hurt. I guess we all get it but it all piles up at times and its tough. Especially for me.

I am going to try and adjust how I report each night.

So tonight I didn't feel at my best, let some hands get to me and as they piled up on me it just got worse. I don't feel I made any huge mistakes just missed out making some good decisions.

£2 - I lost a big pot with AQ v AA when I should have known better but I did double back up only to bust with yet another AK v 99 race. I thought I had it this time flopping a K but he hit running flush cards and I was gone.

£5 - When someones running like god they ultimately get me. This guy had top pr against a guys flopped str (with back up NFD) and yet hit running perfect cards for a FH. He then got someone to bluff into him before flopping a draw against top 2 and getting it in only to hit his draw and then does the exact same thing to me when I hit top 2 against a draw that banks straight away.

FR - Gambling table to took my spots, got a stack but then flopped a straight and got it in only to bust with yet another run run flush.

£2 rebuy - not much, up and down. Jam 22 in sb against a button limp and he snaps 78o and hits a 7.

I don't know how often these sort of beats happen. I just know I don't get them in my favour half as much. Maybe its to do with my style that im not trying to gamble as much as others. I do at times, especially early on in good spots but im trying to keep a level head and not be drawn in by confirmation bias.

An annoying night.
  • Options
    Not happy with a lot tonight - didn't play my best at all and add to that busting in two tourneys with AK v AQ and KJ v QJ.

Really poor from me tbh, a bit down also with destructive thoughts running through my mind. Sometimes playing takes it away and other times it makes it worse and im never sure when that will be. It works more than it doesn't but tonight it was the bad side.

Not sure about this diary either. Its a bit dry and boring to read, I try to be balanced but im obviously going to be leaning towards the bad because no one wins everything.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129
    edited August 2022
    "Its a bit dry and boring to read"

Absolutely not, "warts & all" is exactly what readers want to see.
  • Options
    Well, what do I say?

I'll just report the facts - ive had some tough nights but tonight has been the worst for quite a while.

The only good thing is how I kept my head and didn't tilt - shrugged my shoulders and just felt bad instead.

Poker is about getting your opponents to make mistakes and get then best from your hands well I was getting mistakes but got absolutely nothing for it.

Had QQ four times and lost - QQ v J10o (villain l/c 6x and ended up making trip Js), QQ v AQ for a big pot and head and river A came. QQ v QJs that shoved on me and made trip Js and QQ v A10s* and a safe flop just meant a delayed A on the turn (and river).

*That was in the 5:30 £5 that I scrapped and fought three bad beats to get in the money and that hand would have got me back in it with 8 left. In this one I lost three big pots when at worst I was 83% favourite and best one was 87%. I don't know what the odds are to lose those in one night.

These are the tough times for me, I can literally call the cards as they come when I get in all in pots. I tell myself before I call that it cant always happen yet there it goes.

Comp

19 - 8
  • Options
    Another tough night of bad beats and running into top top hands.

Couldn't get much going or any run again, just very hard at the moment.

A break now for work.

Comp

19 - 8

Congrats to @Spike4000 for nailing it exactly with his 19 - 8 guess. Well done £10 MTT token on its way to you via @Tikay10

Very disappointed no one wants to enter this months comp - probably a reflection on who reads this.
  • Options

@Spike4000

Let me know what you wish to play & when & I'll do the necessary.
  • Options

@CraigSG1

Enjoy your "break" & come back refreshed.
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
    i do not comme
    Tikay10 said:

@Spike4000

sorry for late reply, what can I sue this token as? thank you
  • Options
    CraigSG1 said:

Another tough night of bad beats and running into top top hands.

Couldn't get much going or any run again, just very hard at the moment.

A break now for work.

Comp

19 - 8

Congrats to @Spike4000 for nailing it exactly with his 19 - 8 guess. Well done £10 MTT token on its way to you via @Tikay10

Very disappointed no one wants to enter this months comp - probably a reflection on who reads this.

Thankyou Craig
  • Options
    CraigSG1 said:

More joys of poker madness tonight.

FR - Started well then lost a few pots to bad cards and then on button 1010 - sb shoves A10 and bb KK. What can you do?

£2 - was doing great, then I had a horrible hand with a guy who literally called everything and made some insane moves. Getting it in with bottom pr or just a draw so when I had AQ and he limped and called my 4x we get a Q10x board - he bets and I big raise and he calls and then jams the 9 turn. I cant fold but he has 109o!

£5 - again, plodding along and at a table where someone is constantly jamming. He limps and im in bb with QJ - and he bets and I call. Turn is a J and he jams - I call and he just has a FD which hits.

£7 - I start off well, then lost a few small pots with good cards but did get back in it briefly when I doubled with AQ only to then lose two good pots with 99 v (85o) and KJ river J. We go just below 10bb and with AQ get it in with v Kx and 55 and this time the river helps me with an A. We then double again 88 v 22 and ten minutes later get the chip lead with 86 in bb when a limp and the sb all in we get 765 flop - go with it and my limp calls A9 and it bricks off for me.

Things go bad from there though in the end, couldn't get a hand and missed couple of bluffs then the agg player at out table min bets from sb and im in BB with A5s - and jam my 10bb and he has KK that holds.

So close!

Race for Cash:

Cashes.............FT

.....18................8. - 1 win

So next month I have a lot on - im having to move house for the first time in 8 years which is causing some stress and that will surely kick in next month and I also have very few nights to play so next months competition will be a simple one.

All you need to do is guess how many times I get lucky with a 3 outer. Ive been complaining ive run into a few lately so lets see how many I get in my favour.

Good luck!

I guess 33
  • Options
    Spike4000 said:

i do not comme

Tikay10 said:

@Spike4000

sorry for late reply, what can I sue this token as? thank you
    @Spike4000

Hi Spike

You can use it whenever you wish, just let me know your chosen date & I'll get the entry/entries sorted.
  • Options
    _Mr_Chips__Mr_Chips_ Member Posts: 246
    CraigSG1 said:

Never saw details about next month's comp. To increase my chances of winning I'll have a guess without knowing what the comp is about.

P.S
    I do read your posts and feel your pain as I was on your table in one of the bad beats episodes

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited September 2022
    @CraigSG1

People definitely read your updates so don't get worried about that. Your updates are fine. If you're that worried about it, then you could always start a new thread each month and monitor how many views your thread is getting (it's harder to monitor this when a thread gets above 1k views like this one currently is).

One thing I think you should do, if possible, is put an evening aside and play the whole schedule for £5.50 (or higher if you prefer) games and under. You've mentioned recently that you've had a fair few tough sessions and bad beats, but in reality you are only playing 3 MTTs a night most of the time, which is a very small sample of games for a session. And it's quite normal to run bad in 3 MTTs in succession. Just think playing more MTTS in a night will give you more opportunities for success, and will hopefully allow you to be a bit more upbeat and less results-orientated.
    No idea if this is possible given that I know you've mentioned that you work and have kids to look after, but would be worth doing if you can IMO.

For this month's competition (if it isn't too late), I'll choose 10 times.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Hey,

After five long days off I came back to the tables full of hope. Within thirty minutes that was smacked down. Hard.

Fired up the 5:30 £5 BH and had 3 hands, 88 lost to A2 and then next hand lost a race with yet again 99 v AK.

The rebuy lasted one hand - 99 v KK.

I fired up a 5/10 cash table to kill time and this happened....
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mazziSmall blind£0.05£0.05£9.32
    Y2slejAyarBig blind£0.10£0.15£10.19
    Your hole cards
    The_ChrisFold
    CraigSG1Raise£0.30£0.45£9.40
    AtotRaise£1.05£1.50£25.21
    MikeDCFold
    mazziCall£1.00£2.50£8.32
    Y2slejAyarCall£0.95£3.45£9.24
    CraigSG1Call£0.75£4.20£8.65
    Flop
    • A
    mazziCheck
    Y2slejAyarCheck
    CraigSG1Check
    AtotCheck
    Turn
    • J
    mazziAll-in£8.32£12.52£0.00
    Y2slejAyarFold
    CraigSG1All-in£8.65£21.17£0.00
    AtotFold
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet£0.33£20.84£0.33
    mazziShow
    • J
    • A
    CraigSG1Show
    River
    • A
    mazziWinFull House, Aces and Jacks£19.44£19.44

You may thank, yeah- bad beat, unlucky - but that is literally happening every time and I cant take it. The amount of times im ahead or well ahead like that and lose is ridiculous.

Then the 6:30 BH I lost with a str and FD to a weak top pr.

Started great in the £2 - two early heads and a big stack only to lose four in a row to guys chasing draws and beating first a set, then trips and two top prs. Add to that I missed all my draws for the night.

Currently on break with a bottom stack in that and with absolutely no motivation to play any others tonight.

I get so emotional both good and bad in life never mind on the tables - £2 or £20 are the same to me. Its a curse in these situations. I can take it better if its just standard spots with the odd bad beat - amazing run outs - but when its 3/4 times a night in the small sample size I play its so so hard.

Its easy to quit this while I feel like this but I do know better times will come, they always do. Its just how long this will last that I don't know.

Maybe I should have given myself an extra day off, its been a hard five days and I didn't finish my shift last night until gone 1am.

No comp this month, ive no idea when I will play. Finding a house to move to is stressful.

EDIT:

Well, after grinding my stack and then getting to 4th I yet again lost to run run FH against my straight this time to QJ who hit a Q and J. I then lost a pot to 75! calling down and then same guy calls my all in with Q10 and beats my A.

Sucks.

• Options
    Continuing to get destroyed by the deck.

Last night I got dumped quickly out of two MTTs - both £5. Both times nothing I could do - losing with an over pair to a top pr that made 2 pr on the river twice after flop all ins.

Topsy turvy in the £2 with some bad beats and each time I made a come back - got to the FT as chip leader and then run as bad as you can. Lost Q10 on button to short stack AK, same player then had an over pair to my top pr and then I lost AQ v A5.

Tonight its took less than twenty minutes to be dumped out of three. Lost 77 v A3 then KJ v K10 in one and lost with AQ to a fish 8x and then KQ v 1010 when I hit a K but they hit a 10 on turn. In rebuy I gambled against another fish who turned up with KK v my pp.

Surely cant keep going on...
  • Options
    Then just to rub it in we have this...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jlgxxx13Small blind20.0020.001885.00
    vik64Big blind40.0060.003940.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    CraigSG1Raise160.00220.001955.00
    lisesutt18Fold
    BloomDogCall160.00380.001907.50
    ICEBRAMCall160.00540.002332.50
    jlgxxx13Call140.00680.001745.00
    vik64Fold
    Flop
    jlgxxx13Check
    CraigSG1Bet340.001020.001615.00
    BloomDogFold
    ICEBRAMCall340.001360.001992.50
    jlgxxx13All-in1745.003105.000.00
    CraigSG1All-in1615.004720.000.00
    ICEBRAMCall1615.006335.00377.50
    jlgxxx13Show
    • J
    • J
    CraigSG1Show
    • A
    • A
    ICEBRAMShow
    Turn
    • J
    River
    jlgxxx13WinFull House, Jacks and 5s5915.005915.00
    CraigSG1WinTwo Pairs, Aces and 5s420.00420.00
  • Options
    Final MTT - lost AKs v 88 then same guy beats my A3 with 96.

Its just so painful what's happening.
  • Options
    Here's the once in a while blow up - lost £60 at cash where I ran like garbage. Just some unbelievable hands and losing huge equity pots and losing to small equity draws or weird 2 prs etc etc.

Who knows what ill do after this.
  • Options
    CraigSG1 said:

Here's the once in a while blow up - lost £60 at cash where I ran like garbage. Just some unbelievable hands and losing huge equity pots and losing to small equity draws or weird 2 prs etc etc.

Who knows what ill do after this.

@CraigSG1

Why not take a little break Craig? When it's not fun - & it's clearly not at the moment - it really does not make sense to keep playing. It's supposed to be fun.

A few days might make all the difference.

GL whatever you do.