You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Thread.

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,443
    Just how bad were Bayer Leverkusen last night. If they have gone 51 games unbeaten in Germany then that is a damning indictment of the state of German football.

Any EFL League 1 team could have played better than that.

Atalanta were superb with and without the ball, deserved to win and almost humiliated the Bundesliga Champions.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,875

Just how bad were Bayer Leverkusen last night. If they have gone 51 games unbeaten in Germany then that is a damning indictment of the state of German football.

Any EFL League 1 team could have played better than that.

Atalanta were superb with and without the ball, deserved to win and almost humiliated the Bundesliga Champions.

Unbelievable, wasn't it? Nothing short of a humiliation.

• Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 281
    Dortmund are in the champions league final, so it can't be that bad
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 308

Any EFL League 1 team could have played better than that XXX. :# (lets not get carried away)

Atalanta were abs brilliant and got the tactical battle spot on. Xavi for the first time this season missed, it does happen but should not take away what has been a superb season. His non use of the front man was a big hole and they had no-one to hit. I would also imagine the nerves hit in, it has been a long time. Only their 3rd ever final, and 1st since the champions league final of 01/02.

Bayern/Leverkusen/Dortmund/Leipzig/Stuttgart will give plenty of teams problems in the champions league next year
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,262
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 308
    What a nice surprise for United today and at last we saw them play as a team. Everyone from the centre halves to even Rashford put in a **** of a shift! I was expecting City to thump us if I am honest
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,348
    Gary Neville needs to be careful.

The Gallagher brothers only narrowly lost in that fight with the German Estate Agents :)
  • Options
    Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again.
    Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again.

What have my wireless headphones and the Premier League got in common ?

No fkn Leeds :D
  • Options
    The first prediction for next season's Premier League is in.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/predicting-the-2024-2025-premier-league-table/ar-BB1n6Lpt?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=eb1c710d4abc40b8a84c2437d2ce99b7&ei=11

We all know that predictions this early, before Transfer windows or a few Managerial appointments have taken place, is a bit bonkers. But thought I would give my own thoughts, primarily from a betting angle.

1. Much as it pains me to say so, looks like it may be between Man City and Arsenal. And I think the better value may well be on Arsenal. Due to City being potentially distracted with those 115 charges, possible points deductions, and Guardiola looking like he may leave. Although no-one should discount City
    2. 3-6 are likely to be bad bets price-wise to be Top 4. Variety of reasons-new Managers, first time in Champions League, Financial worries, and in Man Utd's case a weak squad.
    3. Value for Top 4? Spurs and Palace. Depending on the price, of course
    4. I would be surprised if Bournemouth finish as high as 10th. Or Brighton as low as 15th
    5. I think the Relegation candidates are likely to be the Bottom 5 in that list. If Southampton are bigger odds than Leicester to go down, I'd take that all day. Same goes for Brentford-particularly if they sell their Striker and lose their Manager
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

The first prediction for next season's Premier League is in.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/predicting-the-2024-2025-premier-league-table/ar-BB1n6Lpt?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=eb1c710d4abc40b8a84c2437d2ce99b7&ei=11

We all know that predictions this early, before Transfer windows or a few Managerial appointments have taken place, is a bit bonkers. But thought I would give my own thoughts, primarily from a betting angle.

1. Much as it pains me to say so, looks like it may be between Man City and Arsenal. And I think the better value may well be on Arsenal. Due to City being potentially distracted with those 115 charges, possible points deductions, and Guardiola looking like he may leave. Although no-one should discount City
    2. 3-6 are likely to be bad bets price-wise to be Top 4. Variety of reasons-new Managers, first time in Champions League, Financial worries, and in Man Utd's case a weak squad.
    3. Value for Top 4? Spurs and Palace. Depending on the price, of course
    4. I would be surprised if Bournemouth finish as high as 10th. Or Brighton as low as 15th
    5. I think the Relegation candidates are likely to be the Bottom 5 in that list. If Southampton are bigger odds than Leicester to go down, I'd take that all day. Same goes for Brentford-particularly if they sell their Striker and lose their Manager</blockq
    Hahahaha....Hahaha

• Options
    Chelsea in advanced talks with Enzo Maresca to make Leicester manager new head coach.

Chelsea are closing in on Enzo Maresca as their new head coach, with the Leicester boss now in prime position to succeed Mauricio Pochettino.

The Blues have been impressed by the depth and breadth of his knowledge about their squad in talks with his representatives, and are impressed by his single-minded focus on the way Chelsea want to play and his desire for the job.

His obsession with possession and positional play have made him the leading candidate.

He is now their preferred choice to replace Mauricio Pochettino, and Chelsea have asked Leicester for permission to speak with the 44-year-old.

An appointment could be made in the next few days if and when an agreement is reached with Leicester over compensation. Chelsea are willing to pay compensation, with a fee of around £10m expected.
  • Options
  • Options

@lucy4

What site is that, please?
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

No Southampton ??
  • Options

Ha, good spot Mark @TheEdge949
  • Options

I'm assuming it's 365.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Ha, good spot Mark @TheEdge949

I am guessing it is as simple as the odds were compiled before the Result of the Play-Off Final was known.

Brentford look big at 7/2 to me. Think that should be more like 7/4.
    Whereas Everton's odds are terrible...
  • Options

@TheEdge949

Those prices must be BEFORE yesterday's match.

Southampton are generally around 7/4 to go straight back down.
  • Options
    Bet 365 the original odds were before the play off final here's the up to date odds.