You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Thread.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,368
    The Win Double for Man City to win the league and get relegated looks tempting :)
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,322
  • Options
    Mikel Arteta has personally spoken to Marcus Rashford to convince him of Arsenal move.

Arsenal hold 'secret' Marcus Rashford meeting as £42m release clause transfer U-turn now possible

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-hold-secret-marcus-rashford-29243958
  • Options
    Rashford to Arsenal seems to be a bit of a story.

True? No idea

Risk? Undoubtedly. Although if you could get the player he was a year ago for that price that would be great business

Transfers are always a bit of a risk. Take your current squad. I was sure that Havertz would flop. And Partey would shine. Whereas looks like the reverse.

Same is true at pretty much every club.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

True? No idea

Risk? Undoubtedly. Although if you could get the player he was a year ago for that price that would be great business

Transfers are always a bit of a risk. Take your current squad. I was sure that Havertz would flop. And Partey would shine. Whereas looks like the reverse.

At the beginning of the season I genuinely thought Havertz might come good as it was a fresh club/challenge and new surroundings for him. However after seeing how he performed over the first half of season I was one of many who thought he was absolute cr4p and he needed to be dropped and we'd wasted £62m. However something clicked and he started to put in half decent performances and you could see him getting his confidence back. Then he went on a decent run of games and was undroppable, it got to a stage where he was the first name I looked for on the team sheet (beside the obvious ones) and wanted him playing every game and when Arteta did bench him I was fuming and claimed he didn't know what he was doing. I think he's now made his position his own and is one of Arteta's better buys. Football fans are a fickle lot, who think they know best :D
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

True? No idea

At the beginning of the season I genuinely thought Havertz might come good as it was a fresh club/challenge and new surroundings for him. However after seeing how he performed over the first half of season I was one of many who thought he was absolute cr4p and he needed to be dropped and we'd wasted £62m. However something clicked and he started to put in half decent performances and you could see him getting his confidence back. Then he went on a decent run of games and was undroppable, it got to a stage where he was the first name I looked for on the team sheet (beside the obvious ones) and wanted him playing every game and when Arteta did bench him I was fuming and claimed he didn't know what he was doing. I think he's now made his position his own and is one of Arteta's better buys. Football fans are a fickle lot, who think they know best :D
    Fickle?

I love it when football fans berate the Chairman for being cheap, for only spending £50 million of their own money on some player. Saying if that's the best they can do, they should get out of "their" club.

Then, in the next breath, saying the club is fleecing them as fans when they are asked to pay an extra £50 a year on their season ticket :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

True? No idea

Fickle?

I love it when football fans berate the Chairman for being cheap, for only spending £50 million of their own money on some player. Saying if that's the best they can do, they should get out of "their" club.

Then, in the next breath, saying the club is fleecing them as fans when they are asked to pay an extra £50 a year on their season ticket :)

@Essexphil

Ha, so vey very true. Football fans, meh.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,460
    Anybody watching this awful game.

Don't know about Uefa Conference League Final

Vanarama Conference more like. Feckin abysmal.
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 313
    Made the Europa final look even better @TheEdge949 @Tikay10

Hopefully the CL final will be full of goals and drama. Cannot see it being 0-0 in any universe B)
  • Options
    I didn't think the Europa League Final was a bad game just that Leverkusen played like Port Vale.
  • Options

I didn't think the Europa League Final was a bad game just that Leverkusen played like Port Vale.

Been a while since I watched Port Vale but I would be 99% sure they are a **** of a lot better then that :)
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,698
    JammyFker said:

Been a while since I watched Port Vale but I would be 99% sure they are a **** of a lot better then that :)
    Believe me when I say this, they are not
  • Options
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

X will be full of - We can guarantee a fixed match with the above quoted :D
  • Options
    Under 14s typically play 35 minutes each way, That's going at a goal every 95 seconds, given that the ball hast to returned to the centre circle, then possession won back. WTF
  • Options
    Bayern Munich have appointed Burnley boss Vincent Kompany as their new head coach on a three-year deal.

The 38-year-old replaces Thomas Tuchel after he departed at the end of the season, with Bayern agreeing a compensation fee of around £10.2m with Burnley to appoint Kompany.

The Belgian's arrival comes despite him enduring a tough season at Turf Moor after the Clarets were relegated from the Premier League for an immediate return to the Championship.

But the ex-Manchester City captain has a knowledge of the Bundesliga having played at Hamburg, and is a fluent German speaker.

Bayern have brought in Kompany after a series of rejections in their search for Tuchel's successor with Bayer Leverkusen head coach Xabi Alonso, Germany boss Julian Nagelsmann and Austria coach Ralf Rangnick all turning down the job.
  • Options
    Here's my take on the Kompany appointment and it's effects on other teams, Pochetinno will be offered the Man Utd job but he will only take the job if Man Utd sign Kane from Bayern Munich, Kane will leave BM to link up with his former boss and break Shearers PL goal record over the next two seasons. I wonder what odds I can get on all that happening... Probably 2/1 on Sky Bet :D
  • Options
    edited May 30
    lucy4 said:

Bayern Munich have appointed Burnley boss Vincent Kompany as their new head coach on a three-year deal.

The 38-year-old replaces Thomas Tuchel after he departed at the end of the season, with Bayern agreeing a compensation fee of around £10.2m with Burnley to appoint Kompany.

The Belgian's arrival comes despite him enduring a tough season at Turf Moor after the Clarets were relegated from the Premier League for an immediate return to the Championship.

But the ex-Manchester City captain has a knowledge of the Bundesliga having played at Hamburg, and is a fluent German speaker.

Bayern have brought in Kompany after a series of rejections in their search for Tuchel's successor with Bayer Leverkusen head coach Xabi Alonso, Germany boss Julian Nagelsmann and Austria coach Ralf Rangnick all turning down the job.

Wow, when was the last time a failed premier league manager, who had just relegated his last team, get given a top job.

Oh, that's right, Gareth Southgate. Relegated Middlesboro then later gets the England job.

I'm assuming that Bayern Munich are preparing for some lean years coz England under Southgate have more chance of success than Bayern have with Kompany.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,374
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,374