You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Football Thread.

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,683
    So two games into the season and PP have already paid out on Celtic winning their league and Everton getting relegated, how about Spurs not winning a trophy or do they not even take bets on that... :D

Will be good to see him get a regular run in the team to see what he can actually do, the same goes for Smith-Rowe at Fulham provided they can both stay injury free.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,501
    Footballers. People who live in a different world to us mere mortals.

What they say and what they mean. Pretending to suck up to the fans of their current team. While on occasion doing more to wreck the future of their current employer than anyone apart from Todd Boehly could manage..

Let's take 1 player. Not of a team I support, or dislike. In the news today. Saying 1 thing. While doing the opposite.

Mo Salah. Currently earning a basic salary of £18.2 Million a year. 1 year left on his contract. Club receives an offer of £150 Million for him from a Saudi club. He refuses to go, saying

"“I don’t want to think about next year or the future. Let’s enjoy the last year and let’s see. Just take one day at a time and be grateful that you’re here.”

What he means is this. In January he can start negotiating a Free Transfer for the end of the season. With probably an extra £30 million signing bonus. And an extra £30 million in wages.

While Liverpool get nothing. Currently not signed anyone. Although they desperately need to sign someone to lead both their Attack and their Defence (as Van Dijk is letting his contract run down too). But they haven't got the money.

Fans will say that their club isn't as good when he goes. But a major reason why will be the way he chooses to go. And, of course, why Klopp has gone.

The Bosman ruling has tilted the power too far in superstar players' favour. There is (or rather should be) a world of difference between the rights/responsibilities of someone earning £100,000 a year. And one earning £350,000 a week.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,963

was good result today
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,925
    wee laugh from the spl;

https://x.com/racingblogger/status/1830236543006695598

it dont matter who you support haha
    Why do chairman keep appointing these perennial failures, surely they've only gotta look at their past record to realise they're not up to a decent management level.

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,846
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,579
    My Nephew Warren Holmes is a coach to the Wales u15 women / girls squad having previously coached Stoke City Ladies.

The first thing he did upon his appointment was to learn Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau in order to be able to sing it.

If you are representing a Nation I would expect you to sing the National Anthem.

If Carsley feels he can't then he is not the man to inspire the Nation or its team.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,846

My Nephew Warren Holmes is a coach to the Wales u15 women / girls squad having previously coached Stoke City Ladies.

The first thing he did upon his appointment was to learn Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau in order to be able to sing it.

If you are representing a Nation I would expect you to sing the National Anthem.

If Carsley feels he can't then he is not the man to inspire the Nation or its team.

My Grandaughter played for them in their last game against England.
    She collected her cap the other day.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,242

Would be better if we had a more inspiring national athem rather than the one we've got.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,925
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cn0ldxngke2o

£85 for a game of football.

It’s no longer the working man’s game huh.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,355
    Ah was in Liverpool for a few days last week and ah had a look at Goodison Park and Evertons new ground, ah must say ah liked the old one looks better.
    Bramley Dock just doesn't look like a football stadium, cost in the region of £750 million, it's an expensive build for the championship.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,760
    Villa CL prices