You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Popped in to play a session after a few months....

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Real Poker Real People the Rulings are Final ...... hic!
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited April 2023

Quite amazing you were able to to go on a run of winning 16/17 heads up games over the last 2 days when the RNG is rigged against you.

It a case of adapting your game to avoid the inevitable... the more i have played the more correct play i have removed from my game, its really paying off now.....

Though ive played 7 and lost 3 today, so not sure where your figures are from....
  • Options
    goldon said:

Real Poker Real People the Rulings are Final ...... hic!

That sounds like an automated response to me.... :D
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 208
    Cannot wait for the book >:)
  • Options
    It will be a one sentence edition.... read any reputable poker book and basically do the exact opposite to be a winner online.

The main one being do not raise amounts which makes it unviable for your opponent to call to chase his drawing hand. Otherwise you are building big pots for which opponents will make their hand more often that not.

• Options
    im guessing by your name you are one of these players who chases with no pot odds and gets off on the huge amount of time the deck obliges.... therefore the big defending of the sites.
  • Options
    Just played the funniest game i think i have experienced online EVER, versus 'HiFi', a renowned button presser.

Can we not get to bet on combined thousands to one outcomes?
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    That's some old poker books you are reading

How do you make it unviable for your opponent to call with a chunk of their draws in PLO?
  • Options
    It was trying to give an example for the majority of online poker games. Personally, im not raising much at all if there are cards left to come.....
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    TheWaddy said:

It was trying to give an example for the majority of online poker games. Personally, im not raising much at all if there are cards left to come.....

So you are only really talking about NLHE, since your point doesn't apply in FL and doesn't often apply in PL. I therefore find it a bit weird that you are citing an example of frequent online rigging, using a game format you rarely play (and when you do play NLHE, its a freeroll).

Not raising for value pre-river is going to prove expensive for you against competent opposition. Fortunately for you, that's unlikely to be a thing at £1 PLO HUSNG.
  • Options
    it would be a little silly to adopt tactics that wont work at £1 heads up hi lo, so im not sure why u think u are getting one over on me here!

Raising with cards to come online in all formats will be costly.

I see they have the bank holiday deck on, which is the same as the saturday deck. I will may be put up some examples from a game yday, where one of my friends on here was discussing the promotional bank hol deck in the chat box... we had the most magical game to date as we discussed it... inc me having 2 straight flushes in 3 hands... were she had the nut low too... not bad for a random heads up game!

Coughplaystationcough.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    My favourite is the Christmas deck
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    The Easter Deck " Sl ag " your Opponent off then "Pray to God" he don't beat you.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Someone mentioned id won 16 out of 17 this week.... unfortunately when we get to prime time for sucking in new customers (saturdays and bank hols), we have endless hands of just impossibilty.

If you cant spot this, i can only think you are vastly inexperienced or just a losing player.

Its just maths. When you see impossibilty, you generally find these are things that are not real... hence the word 'impossible'...

Now i dont know why an auditor would see impossibilty, but think it was real.... its all a bit odd.

Massively disappointing.... especially as no party will explain why we see impossible things, but just elect to say its happening and audited.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    I wonder who that someone was? ......hmmmmmm :*

Oh yes....it's the person who works for SKYPoker..... and he can see exactly what you do and how you play.

I'm sure he'd LOVE to turn the RNG Button against you T'Waddy with your insane comments and insinuations...... but he can't. So just carry on making your £1's..... and when you feel like trying to up your game a bit ...... join the £2 'BIG BOYS LEAGUE' ...... otherwise just S.T.F.U. and keep making the odd quid profit at a hobby.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    MISTY4ME said:

I wonder who that someone was? ......hmmmmmm :*

Oh yes....it's the person who works for SKYPoker..... and he can see exactly what you do and how you play.

I'm sure he'd LOVE to turn the RNG Button against you T'Waddy with your insane comments and insinuations...... but he can't. So just carry on making your £1's..... and when you feel like trying to up your game a bit ...... join the £2 'BIG BOYS LEAGUE' ...... otherwise just S.T.F.U. and keep making the odd quid profit at a hobby.

Covers it pretty well
  • Options
    16 out of 17 is not unususal for me in the week, as i have said, ive adapted my game to a non poker style to combat what i feel is going to happen next and why it has given me certain cards.

In many screenshot examples, it has been pointed out that my play 'was so bad', by the purists... thats because im going against the book like i have said.

So we have me winning 16/17, whilst being told im playing bad poker. Its all your guys words, not mine!

Then we hit a Bank Hol and Saturdays were the players are even worse than the 16/17 run...should be a field day right? Simply blocks any giveaway attempt.

I can play someone playing hold em within a game of hi lo (prepared to reraise all in with top pair on an all low flop, whilst holding no low possibility, giving me a complete freeroll to scoop) for 45 minutes or so until the blinds are nosebleed and actually end up losing the game. This repeats into the next game.

Sky-james mentioned that i say the deck 'is rigged against me' and how can i possibly win if thats the case. I dont, i just think in all online sites there is subtle ways to help the poorer player out, its not rigged 'against me' otherwise i wouldnt be a winning player. Its about adapting your game to avoid situations where you are being set up to lose big. Flopping the nut straight at hi lo is one. Dont bet it, raise it, even though you have the nuts at this point, its not going to hold.

It is disappointing even employees join in putting words in my mouth that i havent said. You will never see a post with me using the word 'rigged', 'cheating', etc.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    So if you have adapted to the online deck and all the nuances that go with it what's the problem going forward, you've sussed it, crack on and make loads and loads of money
  • Options
    Yeah thats the EssexPhil way of looking at it. I dont sell out. I personally love poker and would like to play the proper game, with it regulated by poker people.

Its not about playing warped poker to beat the deck for me to be content. Sure i will take the hol money, but id rather be playing the game as it meant to be played.

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    I'm suprised you can get ur head off the pillows in the mornings.