You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Popped in to play a session after a few months....

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited March 2023
    ^^^^^
    It might get pulled this vid if so no probs
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318
    edited March 2023
    stokefc said:

^^^^^

@stokefc

Ha, you know I love you to bits Sean, but if the Suits see that I'd be in a world of pain.

Must admit, I enjoyed it in a weird way. Sky Poker are not ready for antes yet, which have been around for yonks, so I'm fairly sure that'd be a little too edgy for them.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Seems that Edge y ness is the new black. Sorry probably shouldn't have suggested it but you gotta admit the lyrics do convey a certain sense of nobody cares what a certain person says.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,031
    And to think in 1981 I was listening to these 'POP-TASTIC' songs, I now know I was hanging around with the wrong type of people :D

Official Top 50 best-selling singles of 1981.

• Options
    stokefc said:

^^^^^

That's the under statement of the year so far...
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

And to think in 1981 I was listening to these 'POP-TASTIC' songs, I now know I was hanging around with the wrong type of people :D

@lucy4

Wow.

One or two decent tracks there, but generally, surely 1981 was a nut low for pop music. As for The Birdie song.....

Weird thing is, that was 42 years ago, & yet I vividly remember every single one, despite most of them being so forgettable. .
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Tikay10 said:

lucy4 said:

@lucy4

Wow.

One or two decent tracks there, but generally, surely 1981 was a nut low for pop music. As for The Birdie song.....

Weird thing is, that was 42 years ago, & yet I vividly remember every single one, despite most of them being so forgettable. .
    I was 18 that year, and think it was a great year for music.

Best thing is the sheer variety-there is something for everyone there. And very few bad songs-9, 10, 25, 33 aren't my favourites. (Like many songs by Cliff, but that 1 was awful)

But (for example) 1, 2, 4, 12, 23 & 35 show an incredible range of songs.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    And yet Joe Dolce kept Vienna off the top spot , a travesty
    Apols for the vid and i totally understand i nearly didn't post finger hovering over the post button for a few seconds before i hit
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    stokefc said:

And yet Joe Dolce kept Vienna off the top spot , a travesty
    Apols for the vid and i totally understand i nearly didn't post finger hovering over the post button for a few seconds before i hit

@stokefc

Joe Dolce, Lordy.

PS - no need to apologise. I wish it could have stayed up, but we all got the message loud & clear. ;)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

lucy4 said:

@lucy4

Wow.

I was 18 that year, and think it was a great year for music.

Best thing is the sheer variety-there is something for everyone there. And very few bad songs-9, 10, 25, 33 aren't my favourites. (Like many songs by Cliff, but that 1 was awful)

But (for example) 1, 2, 4, 12, 23 & 35 show an incredible range of songs.
    I now judge songs on whether I switch stations when they come on the radio not what I liked back in the day. Out of that list I'd switch stations as soon as I heard the opening bars of Numbers 6,7,10,16,33,48 & 49. But a big up to Joe Dolce for keeping that boring **** off number 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFacWGBJ_cs
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    All dayer in Glesga, 22nd April, should be fun

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Joe Dolce. An American. Living in Australia at the time-it is actually the best selling Australian-produced single ever.

Music is deeply personal. So-for example-Vienna is loved by so many people. I liked it at the time-though I preferred them in the John Foxx days, and also songs like Sleepwalk. Now? To me, Vienna sounds a bit pretentious.

If I was going to argue with 1 of your hates, it would be Toyah. And the Ottowan single isn't my cup of tea, but I can see why people like it.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592

Seems that Edge y ness is the new black. Sorry probably shouldn't have suggested it but you gotta admit the lyrics do convey a certain sense of nobody cares what a certain person says.

The Vapors 'Turning Japanese' would greatly relate to how i see you B)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Joe Dolce. An American. Living in Australia at the time-it is actually the best selling Australian-produced single ever.

Music is deeply personal. So-for example-Vienna is loved by so many people. I liked it at the time-though I preferred them in the John Foxx days, and also songs like Sleepwalk. Now? To me, Vienna sounds a bit pretentious.

If I was going to argue with 1 of your hates, it would be Toyah. And the Ottowan single isn't my cup of tea, but I can see why people like it.

Im actually gonna agree with essexphil, Vienna ive always said was a great song and is one of my fave facts of what song stopped it from being a number 1... but saw it on a documentary just last week the live version on The Tube at the time... Ure in a white jumpsuit, long ponytail and head microphone, it was indeed a completely pretentious performance.....
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    1981 was a fine year. Human League were number 1 the day I was born. I was given a vinyl single of that for my 40th. Lot of terrible tunes on that list otherwise.
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 208
    Best Year ever <3
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    TheWaddy said:

The Vapors 'Turning Japanese' would greatly relate to how i see you B)
    Gosh, I'm genuinely offended.

A plethora of great metal and punk songs with really hard hitting lyrics that you could use to insult me and you choose that preppy pretend pop punk cr4p.

I thought you were capable of so much more.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    The real story behind Prince Philip’s infamous ‘slitty-eyed’ remark during 1986 China visit.
    Someone's messing with the " Rail "

• Options
    In this game, MrGoose had been throwing chips around and it was simply stuck in giving him the most ridiculous help over and over and over again. I would love to see the combined odds whilst sitting with an auditor.

So as i knew he was raising with trash, the deck was helping him whatever, thought may as well procure an all in preflop with decent starting hands (he will reraise all in whatever he holds if i reraise).
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mrgooseSmall blind50.0050.001050.00
    TheWaddyBig blind100.00150.001800.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A
    mrgooseRaise250.00400.00800.00
    TheWaddyRaise800.001200.001000.00
    mrgooseAll-in800.002000.000.00
    TheWaddyCall200.002200.00800.00
    mrgooseShow
    • K
    • K
    TheWaddyShow
    • Q
    • A
    Flop
    • A
    • A
    • J
    Turn
    • K
    River
    mrgooseWin highFull House, Kings and Aces2200.002200.00
    No qualifying low hand
    The dreaded 'hit the flop TOO hard'... only ever one result from there, wry smile as know turn or river is king.... bink, yes 100% there it is... oh if we could bet on that at true odds to happen as requested many times!

Very next hand;
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mrgooseSmall blind50.0050.002050.00
    TheWaddyBig blind100.00150.00800.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q
    mrgooseRaise250.00400.001800.00
    TheWaddyAll-in800.001200.000.00
    mrgooseAll-in1800.003000.000.00
    mrgooseUnmatched bet1200.001800.001200.00
    mrgooseShow
    • J
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    • Q
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    River
    mrgooseWin highFull House, 2s and 3s1800.003000.00
    No qualifying low hand
    Another monster from the Goose, again flopped TOO hard, there doesnt seem much that can stop me getting a scoop... oh the online deck says no, not even half im afraid!

This is after the entire game him getting similar.... a phenomenomal event! Well it would, if it were real....