You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What to watch in 2024: best new TV Series/Movies.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    Cobra Rebellion | Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIxdMMr9kRs
    Drift - Partners in Crime | Sky Original | Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUu4AUeN418
    Titus Welliver Talks Bosch: Legacy, Deadwood, Sons of Anarchy & More w/ Rich Eisen | Full Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxU8E_I7H8w&t=233s
    edited October 2023

ITV shares first trailer for Yorkshire Ripper drama as Toby Jones leads manhunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4bO9J3TB4

Payback | Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jviarTia8

Anyone considering watching either of the above, all episodes are available for both on ITVX.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

I watched "Partygate" last night.

Nothing at all memorable about it. Am not mad keen on "docudramas", much prefer documentaries.

And whilst we all agree that Partygate was a disgrace, the TV show sort of overdid the bias, gilded the lily too much. I thought it was poorly acted & produced too.

3/10

I also watched Ep 1 of "Beckham".

Wonderfully produced, high quality stuff, could not fault any of it. If you thought you knew everything about Becks, think again.

Only watched Ep 1 so far, will continue tonight, after the football.

Provisional rating 8.5/10.

Am in to Series 2 of "Top Boy Summerhouse", & really getting into it now.

You said it was worth watching, & for once, you were right.

I have to have the sub-titles on to help me understand what they are saying, as the words are often indistinct, & they use what I assume is "black & drugs street talk" which I'm not too familiar with.

I need to hurry up & watch the whole series, including the sequel ("Top Boy"?) as I saw a thing that said "only available on NetFlix until 31st October".

Vey good, 7/10 so far. Not Sopranos/Breaking Bad/BCS good, but good.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Tikay10 said:

Nothing at all memorable about it. Am not mad keen on "docudramas", much prefer documentaries.

And whilst we all agree that Partygate was a disgrace, the TV show sort of overdid the bias, gilded the lily too much. I thought it was poorly acted & produced too.

3/10

It’s not often I say this, but I strongly disagree.

The programme was obviously well documented from the Sue Gray report and was under the microscope of the bigwigs of the Tory Party for any slight deviations of the truth.

It’s too easy for voters to forget, and the Boris effect of washing over things.
    This programme highlighted the extent of the partying ,and more importantly the timing of the parties, it was kinda ‘lest we forget’ .
    Absolutely shocking behaviour from those in power.

@tomgoodun

"Absolutely shocking behaviour from those in power".

Well we can both agree 100% on that, & yes, it was good to be reminded.
    Tikay10 said:

3/10

I thought that it made an impact by alternating between how Downing Street seemed to be unaffected by any of the rules, not only the parties, but social distancing, no mask wearing, etc, and how the general public felt that they should adhere to the rules, despite the trauma this caused in many cases, and also the difference in the fines imposed on Downing Street staff, in comparison to the general public.

I would agree that due the amount of press coverage, over such a long period, and the coverage of Sue Gray report, has probably left many members of public feeling bored with the story.
    Tikay10 said:

I also watched Ep 1 of "Beckham".

Wonderfully produced, high quality stuff, could not fault any of it. If you thought you knew everything about Becks, think again.

Only watched Ep 1 so far, will continue tonight, after the football.

Provisional rating 8.5/10.

I havent watched it, but apparently lots of new stuff.
    Tikay10 said:

Am in to Series 2 of "Top Boy Summerhouse", & really getting into it now.

You said it was worth watching, & for once, you were right.

I have to have the sub-titles on to help me understand what they are saying, as the words are often indistinct, & they use what I assume is "black & drugs street talk" which I'm not too familiar with.

I need to hurry up & watch the whole series, including the sequel ("Top Boy"?) as I saw a thing that said "only available on NetFlix until 31st October".

Vey good, 7/10 so far. Not Sopranos/Breaking Bad/BCS good, but good.

I resent that comment.
    @HENDRIK62 was pointing out only the other day how right I was about Fauda.
    An excellent series if you can cope with subtitles.

Get a move on then.
    I think that it improves, so your 7/10 can only increase.

It is also interesting to see the regular cast members grow up.
    The fist series of Summerhouse was made in 2011.
    The second in 2013.
    Then a six year gap until the Top Boy first series in 2019.
    Three years until the second in 2022.
    The last in 2023.

edited October 2023
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

3/10

I thought that it made an impact by alternating between how Downing Street seemed to be unaffected by any of the rules, not only the parties, but social distancing, no mask wearing, etc, and how the general public felt that they should adhere to the rules, despite the trauma this caused in many cases, and also the difference in the fines imposed on Downing Street staff, in comparison to the general public.

I would agree that due the amount of press coverage, over such a long period, and the coverage of Sue Gray report, has probably left many members of public feeling bored with the story.

@HAYSIE

Well yes, but we knew all that already, it never told us anything we did not already know.

The lead role (the somewhat naïve young lady who I assume was the whistleblower) was a bit odd too, not sure what she was supposed to contribute.

If you & I lived together, there'd be fights 24/7 over who controls the Remote. Luckily, I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon, unless we both eventually end up in the same Care Home.
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

3/10

@HAYSIE

Well yes, but we knew all that already, it never told us anything we did not already know.

The lead role (the somewhat naïve young lady who I assume was the whistleblower) was a bit odd too, not sure what she was supposed to contribute.

If you & I lived together, there'd be fights 24/7 over who controls the Remote. Luckily, I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon, unless we both eventually end up in the same Care Home.
    Cant argue with that.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

3/10

@HAYSIE

Cant argue with that.
    Share prices in Care Homes have plummeted in South Wales and the East Midlands :)
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

3/10

@HAYSIE

Cant argue with that.
    Share prices in Care Homes have plummeted in South Wales and the East Midlands :)
    I expect they have.
    Although I expect more so in the East Midlands, as I am practically a spring chicken in comparison to Mr Kendall.
    HAYSIE said:

ITV shares first trailer for Yorkshire Ripper drama as Toby Jones leads manhunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4bO9J3TB4

Payback | Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jviarTia8

Anyone considering watching either of the above, all episodes are available for both on ITVX.

I watched The Ripper one yesterday.
    Nothing much new.
    Another black eye for the police.
    A spectacularly botched investigation.
    Seven episodes, so it was a massive slow motion car crash, as far as the police were concerned.
    I didnt realise quite how badly the surviving victims were treated, in addition to some of the murdered victims familys.
    I also didnt realise that they had interviewed Sutcliffe nine times during the course of the investigation.

I have started on Payback today, and it looks good.
    Wilderness - Official Trailer | Prime Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogRNXn6Qoj0