You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What to watch in 2024: best new TV Series/Movies.

Comments

• HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    HAYSIE said:

Mob Land (2023) Official Trailer – John Travolta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrmsoCxmxdU

watched this a few weeks ago, very good
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    HENDRIK62 said:

HAYSIE said:

Yeah, I watched it today.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

What channel/platform is Mob Land on please?
    edited October 2023
    Tikay10 said:

What channel/platform is Mob Land on please?

Sky Cinema.
    Top picks tab.

@HAYSIE

Thanks Tony.
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Thanks Tony.

No probs.
    edited October 2023
    Essexphil said:

What a stupid review that was.

Not exactly a surprise that episode 1 of series 2 starts with the climax at the end of series 1. Similarly, if you don't watch series 1, series 2 is going to leave you a bit cold.

Story in this new episode was a bit thin-but it is still the best thing on right now.

Bosch: Legacy season 2: release date of Amazon Freevee TV series, cast, trailer - will there be a season 3?

When is the release date of Bosch: Legacy season 2?
    Bosch: Legacy season two will premiere on Amazon Freevee on Friday 20 October with two new episodes. There are 10 episodes in the season and two episodes will be released every Friday.

Amazon Freevee is a free ad-supported streaming service and you do not need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber to watch Freevee films and shows.
    Will there be a season three of Bosch: Legacy?
    Yes, a third season of the Bosch spin-off has already been confirmed but a release date has not yet been announced.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/bosch-legacy-season-2-release-date-of-amazon-freevee-tv-series-cast-trailer-will-there-be-a-season-3/ar-AA1iqHI8?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=412867cf44a54453806f01c24bd347e4&ei=9
    HAYSIE said:

Alibi Wednesday.

Dark Winds Season 1 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU9X4Xyb8JE

All episodes available today.
    HENDRIK62 said:

HAYSIE said:

BBC4 Saturday.
    Cœurs Noirs - Bande Annonce 2023 / Dark Hearts - Official Trailer 2023 (Prime Video, February 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNL047IG7L4
    Tikay10 said:

Don't forget that the Steve Coogan/Saville thing is on tonight.

I suspect it effectively be just a vehicle to promote Coogan's admittedly brilliant skills as an impressionist, but we'll see.

Number 1 in the Sky top ten today.
    What a despicable man.
    Targeting the disabled, and vulnerable, is unforgivable.
    What a weird relationship he had with his Mother.
    How many lives did he ruin?
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

I suspect it effectively be just a vehicle to promote Coogan's admittedly brilliant skills as an impressionist, but we'll see.

What a despicable man.
    @HAYSIE

Well it was a dramatisation, so we don't know how near the truth it was. Even so, yes, a despicable individual. Amazing how he got away with it so long, presumably due to his celebrity status. I don't think it could happen today somehow, with so much increased scrutiny on socials & the like.
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

What a stupid review that was.

Not exactly a surprise that episode 1 of series 2 starts with the climax at the end of series 1. Similarly, if you don't watch series 1, series 2 is going to leave you a bit cold.

Story in this new episode was a bit thin-but it is still the best thing on right now.

Bosch: Legacy season 2: release date of Amazon Freevee TV series, cast, trailer - will there be a season 3?

When is the release date of Bosch: Legacy season 2?
    Bosch: Legacy season two will premiere on Amazon Freevee on Friday 20 October with two new episodes. There are 10 episodes in the season and two episodes will be released every Friday.

Amazon Freevee is a free ad-supported streaming service and you do not need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber to watch Freevee films and shows.
    Will there be a season three of Bosch: Legacy?
    Yes, a third season of the Bosch spin-off has already been confirmed but a release date has not yet been announced.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/bosch-legacy-season-2-release-date-of-amazon-freevee-tv-series-cast-trailer-will-there-be-a-season-3/ar-AA1iqHI8?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=412867cf44a54453806f01c24bd347e4&ei=9
    Just had a look, and there seems to be 4 episodes available today.

@HAYSIE

I at last finished all the Top Boy episodes last night. It took longer than it should as when I began watching it, I never realised I was watching the sequel to Summerhouses. So I started from scratch to ensure I saw the whole thing in sequence.

I eventually came to enjoy it very much. I had to have the sub-titles on as it was hard to hear all the convo, & I had to have at the ready a "street" slang convertor to decode what they were saying. (wagwan, straps, P's, food, mendam, Ends, pattern, say less & so on).

Two characters in particular really impressed - Sully, & best of all, Jaq. Think we'll see a lot more of Jasmine Robson, who played Jaq.

edited October 2023
    So now I need to find something else to satisfy my late night viewing. Might try The Wire.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    Tikay10 said:

So now I need to find something else to satisfy my late night viewing. Might try The Wire.

The Wire is truly tremendous-one of the best things ever on TV.
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

What a despicable man.
    @HAYSIE

Well it was a dramatisation, so we don't know how near the truth it was. Even so, yes, a despicable individual. Amazing how he got away with it so long, presumably due to his celebrity status. I don't think it could happen today somehow, with so much increased scrutiny on socials & the like.
    I think that in some cases blind eyes were turned, and that unfortunately he may have appeared more believable than his victims.
    I would like to believe that it couldnt happen today, but Russell Brand, and Phillip Schofield, to a lesser extent, were maybe proof that the BBC, and other tv channels hadnt learnt that much.
    Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.
    edited October 2023
    Thanks @Essexphil & @HAYSIE

wagwan

Think I'm going to try "The Wire" next.

Firstly though, I need to stop myself from speaking the street I learned from Top Boy.

love
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

I at last finished all the Top Boy episodes last night. It took longer than it should as when I began watching it, I never realised I was watching the sequel to Summerhouses. So I started from scratch to ensure I saw the whole thing in sequence.

I eventually came to enjoy it very much. I had to have the sub-titles on as it was hard to hear all the convo, & I had to have at the ready a "street" slang convertor to decode what they were saying. (wagwan, straps, P's, food, mendam, Ends, pattern, say less & so on).

Two characters in particular really impressed - Sully, & best of all, Jaq. Think we'll see a lot more of Jasmine Robson, who played Jaq.

I am sure you are right about Jaq, and Sully.
    Jamie is probably another that we are likely to see a lot more of.
    Ashley Walters has already made a name for himself.
    I really enjoyed it.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.
    Bosch is as good as The Wire. Try that after the Wire