You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What to watch in 2024: best new TV Series/Movies.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

So now I need to find something else to satisfy my late night viewing. Might try The Wire.

Try Bosch.
    Bosch is as good as The Wire. Try that after the Wire
    Have you watched Top Boy?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

So now I need to find something else to satisfy my late night viewing. Might try The Wire.

Try Bosch.

Think he's a little too old for Top Boy. Kids, innit.
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

Love/Hate is also worth a watch, at least for us youngsters.
    edited November 2023
    HAYSIE said:

HENDRIK62 said:

HAYSIE said:

Mob Land (2023) Official Trailer – John Travolta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrmsoCxmxdU

watched this a few weeks ago, very good
    BBC4 Saturday.
    Cœurs Noirs - Bande Annonce 2023 / Dark Hearts - Official Trailer 2023 (Prime Video, February 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNL047IG7L4
    All episodes are on the iPlayer now.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

calm bruv
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HENDRIK62 said:

HAYSIE said:

BBC4 Saturday.
    Cœurs Noirs - Bande Annonce 2023 / Dark Hearts - Official Trailer 2023 (Prime Video, February 3)

Halfway through, its good.
    edited October 2023
    This has just popped up on the "new series" tab.
    Its not new, but I thought it was good.
    3 series are available.
    BBC1.

London Kills Series 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ehReRGTGg
    SHRAPNEL Official Trailer (2023)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSeP35UIvLM
    DON'T LEAVE ME | OFFICIAL TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnAn6L7Qq2w
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    edited October 2023
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.
    Don't have Netflix any more

PS-seen first 2 of the new episodes of Bosch. Bit disappointed, but hopeful will improve
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

PS-seen first 2 of the new episodes of Bosch. Bit disappointed, but hopeful will improve
    Ok.
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

The problem with just about all the streaming services is that they dont produce enough new stuff to justify a subscription.
    I am happy with Prime even though I dont watch that much on there.
    My wife reads books on her kindle, and gets them all free.
    We also get free, quick, deliveries.
    I dont watch Netflix that much, but I cut back a little on Sky, and I have got it included with what I have left.
    I dont know how much I could save by knocking it off.
    I have had a couple of trials of Apple+, after buying a new phone, and something else.
    Sky was recently offering another one, but I had a look, and there was nothing on there I wanted to watch.
    Disney+ had an offer of £1.99 per month for 3 months, the other day, but there was nothing that appealed on there either.
    I had a one month Acorn free trial, a while ago, and after a couple of weeks, I was struggling to find anything more that was worth watching.

I might have said it before, but in the future I could see myself subscribing for a month every now and again, and cancelling before the end of the month.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

The problem with just about all the streaming services is that they dont produce enough new stuff to justify a subscription.
    I dont watch Netflix that much, but I cut back a little on Sky, and I have got it included with what I have left.
    I have had a couple of trials of Apple+, after buying a new phone, and something else.
    Sky was recently offering another one, but I had a look, and there was nothing on there I wanted to watch.
    Disney+ had an offer of £1.99 per month for 3 months, the other day, but there was nothing that appealed on there either.
    I had a one month Acorn free trial, a while ago, and after a couple of weeks, I was struggling to find anything more that was worth watching.

I might have said it before, but in the future I could see myself subscribing for a month every now and again, and cancelling before the end of the month.
    This is the problem that the various streaming services have. Put simply, the majority will fold pretty soon. It is a shrinking market, with far too many companies in it.

Like you, I have reduced my Sky subscription, keep Prime for exactly the reasons you mention, and most others have gone or are going. Simply because they offer poor value for money.
    edited October 2023
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

So for example if I didnt have Netflix, I would see subscribing for one month, in order to watch 5 series of Top Boy, and anything else I might have missed, and then cancelling, as value for money.
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

Ok.
    I havent watched any of Bosch yet.
    I decided to watch it all again from the beginning.
    Currently on series 2.
    So by the time I finish, the whole series will be available.
    I am having a break for a minute, and watching Dark Hearts, which is very good.
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Try Bosch.

Sky have recently offered a number of one month deals, instead of tying you into a contract, with particular sporting events in mind.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HENDRIK62 said:

HAYSIE said:

BBC4 Saturday.

This was excellent.
    HAYSIE said:

HENDRIK62 said:

HAYSIE said:

Yeah, I watched it today.
    Gripping war drama 'Dark Hearts' will have viewers on the edge of their seats

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/gripping-war-drama-dark-hearts-160000590.html
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    HAYSIE said:
    Okay having read the update on the new cast list and who is playing what I now know what books the story will be based on and therefore will pretty much know where the storyline will end up which means little or no surprises for me.

Although the fact that so far both series 1 and 2 have mingled characters and subplots from different books quite well I'm not sure how much this can carry on without diluting the impact.

For example season two had elements from The Gods of Guilt, The Brass Verdict and even The Lincoln Lawyer although the bulk of the story was based around The Fifth Witness.

HAYSIE said:
    Okay having read the update on the new cast list and who is playing what I now know what books the story will be based on and therefore will pretty much know where the storyline will end up which means little or no surprises for me.

Although the fact that so far both series 1 and 2 have mingled characters and subplots from different books quite well I'm not sure how much this can carry on without diluting the impact.

For example season two had elements from The Gods of Guilt, The Brass Verdict and even The Lincoln Lawyer although the bulk of the story was based around The Fifth Witness.
    I will bow to your superior memory.